A chrono trigger tribute - do not lose hope!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NP8QQItpYs

hi guys,

my project continous, what do you think?

Since nobody seemed to have given you feedback, I'll break the ice.

That... is definitely an interesting approach at "Chrono Trigger" as a whole... Though it's of course no reimagination of any of the sound tracks. But it definitely goes that route - or rather the route of "Chrono Symponic". If you haven't heard of it, you might like to look it up.

Sound wise, I think a lot of it can still be done. For example, the string plucks could be more refined filter wise so that they cut through better through the mix. Everything sounds a bit dull. And is that an old SF2 I hear? SquidFont maybe? Though your Little Big Adventure video sounds more like Siedlaczek or even Miroslav Philharmonic.

Sadly, the ending as also cut off, but I think this is due to a possible looping of the song.

Overall - interesting for sure.
Have you ever heard of the video game soundtrack remix communities like OCRemix, VGMix and/or ThaSauce? You have a couple of video game related tributes on your Youtube Channel. If you don't know these places yet... maybe take a look as well. :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Sounds good, Jesse! It's different from how I remember the music from the game (although it was a long time ago and I can't claim to remember it well), but I think it sets a good tone for the scene. If I were to offer a criticism, it would be that I think you could go for a little bit more melodic development here, even though it's supposed to be underscore.

Compyfox wrote:Since nobody seemed to have given you feedback, I'll break the ice.

That... is definitely an interesting approach at "Chrono Trigger" as a whole... Though it's of course no reimagination of any of the sound tracks. But it definitely goes that route - or rather the route of "Chrono Symponic". If you haven't heard of it, you might like to look it up.

Sound wise, I think a lot of it can still be done. For example, the string plucks could be more refined filter wise so that they cut through better through the mix. Everything sounds a bit dull. And is that an old SF2 I hear? SquidFont maybe? Though your Little Big Adventure video sounds more like Siedlaczek or even Miroslav Philharmonic.

Sadly, the ending as also cut off, but I think this is due to a possible looping of the song.

Overall - interesting for sure.
Have you ever heard of the video game soundtrack remix communities like OCRemix, VGMix and/or ThaSauce? You have a couple of video game related tributes on your Youtube Channel. If you don't know these places yet... maybe take a look as well. :tu:
Thanks!
I used the same samplepacks as in the LBA ones though ;)
The string plucks could be a bit more defined, agreed...might need to change that!

oh I didn't know these sites, will definitely submit my stuff through that :D

nice one! Chrono Trigger is one of my favourite games of all time (at least in top 3), one of the only games that I've played through multiple times.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Jesse Gorter wrote:Thanks!
Being? Miroslav, Siedlaczek?

Jesse Gorter wrote:oh I didn't know these sites, will definitely submit my stuff through that :D
VGMix is pretty much "discontinued". OC Remix only allows remixes not tributes on the front page, but they do have a "music section" to show your own productions. ThaSauce... kind of lost track what's going on there. But these are the three biggest music remix/tribute/rearrangement communities I know (not counting KWED and AmigaRemix - but Chrono Trigger was originally on SNES).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
Jesse Gorter wrote:Thanks!
Being? Miroslav, Siedlaczek?

Jesse Gorter wrote:oh I didn't know these sites, will definitely submit my stuff through that :D
VGMix is pretty much "discontinued". OC Remix only allows remixes not tributes on the front page, but they do have a "music section" to show your own productions. ThaSauce... kind of lost track what's going on there. But these are the three biggest music remix/tribute/rearrangement communities I know (not counting KWED and AmigaRemix - but Chrono Trigger was originally on SNES).
Projectsam essential orchestra. The strings are 'cartoon' - something :)
Yeah I basically re-imagine music for a game, not because the game needs it (the opposite rather) but it gives me a focus point for writing a new piece and it's a nice experiment

I'm sure the other, more "game oriented" communities will like your content as well, and you'l also make a lot of friends/fans there

Return to “Music Cafe”