UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

jacobh wrote:Oliver,

I've found the oversampling options in the Drive effect to be very useful for higher pitched sounds. The Xpander filter has a very nice drive section too, but no oversampling that I can tell? I've found it gets aliasing, especially when used with higher pitched sounds. Would it be an easy thing to add the same oversampling options that are on the Drive effect module, to the Xpander filter drive section?

Thanks!
Jacob
In fact the Xpander filter already has some builtin oversampling, but we chose to keep it fixed to avoid burning too much CPU. If you really drive it strong with high pitched sounds that might not be enough to reject all aliasing. That's a matter of compromise.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
otristan wrote:I recently found a regression in the MPE script.

Could you please try with this one ?
https://we.tl/ENfVOlxmbf

Thanks !
This doesn't appear to be available anymore. I'm having a lot of problems with the MPE script. I have it in my default preset and sometimes when I load it and load oscillators, no sound can be heard. And sometimes sound can be heard for a while and then stops being triggered. Does this new script address that?
Please try again with this link https://we.tl/EZ7HhBgiML

mdsp wrote:

I've found the oversampling options in the Drive effect to be very useful for higher pitched sounds. The Xpander filter has a very nice drive section too, but no oversampling that I can tell? I've found it gets aliasing, especially when used with higher pitched sounds. Would it be an easy thing to add the same oversampling options that are on the Drive effect module, to the Xpander filter drive section?

Thanks!
Jacob
In fact the Xpander filter already has some builtin oversampling, but we chose to keep it fixed to avoid burning too much CPU. If you really drive it strong with high pitched sounds that might not be enough to reject all aliasing. That's a matter of compromise.

In that case to me it seems that a dropdown with oversampling factor selection cannot hurt for those who like to avoid aliasing, don't you think? :)

mdsp wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
otristan wrote:I recently found a regression in the MPE script.

Could you please try with this one ?
https://we.tl/ENfVOlxmbf

Thanks !
This doesn't appear to be available anymore. I'm having a lot of problems with the MPE script. I have it in my default preset and sometimes when I load it and load oscillators, no sound can be heard. And sometimes sound can be heard for a while and then stops being triggered. Does this new script address that?
Please try again with this link https://we.tl/EZ7HhBgiML
How do I replace the factory MPE script with this one? I can't find it on the drive anywhere.

I think you need to put it in your Documents\UVI\Script, then you should be able to see it from the GUI. Don't think you can replace the factory script (since that one is packed into FalconResources.ufs, I think), you will need to load the fixed script INSTEAD of the factory one. At least until the factory one is updated in the next version, most likely.

Yeah that's what I was guessing. I'll just wait until the next update then since I will just have to change my default back to the factory script once it's updated.

Is there an easy way to see all the modulation that's happening in my program? I haven't figured that out. If I want to see a modulation, I have to click on the parameter being modulated. But as far as I can tell, there's no easy way to show all the modulations that are happening.

padillac wrote:Is there an easy way to see all the modulation that's happening in my program? I haven't figured that out. If I want to see a modulation, I have to click on the parameter being modulated. But as far as I can tell, there's no easy way to show all the modulations that are happening.
You can show modulations in the tree view. I find it hard to look at and complicated but as far as I know that's the only way. I find it easier to just look at what's pink and then click it to see the modulation.

EvilDragon wrote:
mdsp wrote:

Thanks!
Jacob

In that case to me it seems that a dropdown with oversampling factor selection cannot hurt for those who like to avoid aliasing, don't you think? :)
Yes, exactly!

It's great if the user can find the compromise. I've found for some of the heavily distorted patches I'm working on that 4x oversampling on the drive module to be a good compromise, but even when using the Drive module on the Keygroup level (which I often do), I've found it it 16x oversampling to still be very reasonable on the CPU. It just depends on the type of patch, and it would be great to have the control on the Xpander filter, like we do on the Drive module.

If you want I can send an example Live project where the aliasing is quite audible.

Thanks!
Jacob

I think I found a big with the MPE script. It seems to be 100% reproducible. Load it up (I tend to put it under the part, but the same thing happens under program or layer) and then load a preset or oscillator (just something that should make sound when played), then click a key in the mapping window keyboard. You will hear nothing. Not only that, but after hitting a key in the mapping keyboard, if you play your midi keyboard of trigger midi notes from your DAW, you will get no sound anymore at all. Now if you do the same thing but instead of hitting the mapping window keyboard, you only trigger notes from the daw or external keyboard, you will hear sound. UNTIL you hit a key in the mapping window. This then turns off the sound from all midi sources.

This only happens when the MPE script is loaded.

This explains why I would sometimes not get sound using the MPE script because I sometimes tried to audition the sound from hitting the mapping window keyboard.

Hope it's fixable, thanks.

EvilDragon wrote:
mdsp wrote:

Thanks!
Jacob

I would like to see this too :tu:

I'm trying to figure out how to control falcon using OSC from MAX...
in case anyone has managed to do this, i'd love some insight!

Somehow I haven't seen this mentioned here in the one-thread-official-UVI-Falcon-forum.
I am not the author of these, but think they should be linked here:
Louis Couka wrote:Hello all the lucky owners of Falcon,
I released a pack of 16 scripts that complements the current library.

Chord - Smarter version of the current Chorder. About 100 presets.

Chord Bank - Build a bank of chords.

Mono - Force mono playing.

Mono Group - Force mono playing for selected notes. (Ex : hihats choking)

Bass Extractor - Only plays the lowest note (convenient to add a sub)

Random Note - Add randomness on note parameters. The "static" mode applies a fixed random number (eg a detuned instrument), while the "dynamic" mode recomputes the random number each time (eg a bad musician)

Random Play - A random arpeggiator. Useful for creating FX, ambient noise. Can be associated with the script "Random Note".

Scale - Restricts all MIDI notes to a defined scale.

Transpose - MIDI Transpose.

Note Range - Limit the range. Notes out of range can be muted, played at the nearest octave or more.

Note Single - Redirect all notes to a single one.

Piano Analyzer - Midi note analyzer.

Fix Overlaps - Maintains consistency between "note on" and "note off". This script ensures that two notes with the same pitch will never overlap.

Mapper - Map the desired control: Velocity, midi cc, etc ... Can be used to limit the velocity, making it soft, hard, or constant, reverse a midi cc.

Delay - A simple delay in ms.

Double - Play octave.

All these scripts are loaded into a rack of type "Event", "+" button and "Script Processor" submenu.

The pack is available on my website for free :
http://louiscouka.com/software.html

Have a good day,
Louis
Here is the thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=467346

Thank you Louis!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

WOW!
thank you Louis!!
thank you Tom.

A little bit of granular Falcon power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L2ndoSwPl8

Return to “Instruments”