RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Shabdahbriah wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
SharksFin wrote:Or alternatively... the dev emails back within 24 hours

Which has been my experience both with the mangle and tangle
Then consider yourself extremely fortunate.
So you're never going to let that go, huh?
That's (obviously) a rhetorical question wags... just so you know. :wink:
If you're in a business negotiation with someone where they made you a promise and then go back on their word, would you?

Not to give you more steam for your kettle, but not sure I'd take any and every opportunity to rehash it either; other devs may steer clear of future dealings with you since you air your professional problems publicly.

ontol wrote:Not to give you more steam for your kettle, but not sure I'd take any and every opportunity to rehash it either; other devs may steer clear of future dealings with you since you air your professional problems publicly.
Know what? I've learned my lesson about trying to work with others so I don't even go after joint ventures anymore. Not that I ever did. These people approached me. They made the offer. You think I have any kind of a reputation to attract a big name to work with me? I mean get real. Any partnerships that may have taken place were approached to me. And they all fell through. People make promises and then don't follow through on them.

Me? If I promise I'll do something for you, I Keep my word. Go on. Buy this developer's Mangle VST if you already haven't. You'll find 50 of my presets included. That was my end of the deal. The reciprocal promise never came about.

So you rag on me all you want. I really don't give a damn. I keep my word, unlike a lot of people here whose names won't be mentioned.

That's why I have no desire to work with anybody ever again. In fact, if anybody were to ask me, I'd refuse. I'm tired of being lied to.

Not ragging, just pointing out something I thought of.

I did buy Mangle when it first came out, without your presets; just a point, not a commentary on your work as a sound designer--I didn't use any of the presets provided, no matter the source.

Again, this was just some unasked for advice, and if you really don't care, show me by not responding.

Hm...

- Yes, Tom tends to not always answer his email as timely as we would like. Typical single-developer-in-hard-thinking-mode thing.
- No, I never had any other complaints about his software or the way he deals with the world, quite the opposite in fact.

- If one has certain re-occurring experiences with the world, one can either blame the world and withdraw or one can check what could be wrong with the other side of the deal.
We can't change the world, but we can work on how we deal with it, which in turn can drastically change the world for us.

:hug:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Hm...

- Yes, Tom tends to not always answer his email as timely as we would like. Typical single-developer-in-hard-thinking-mode thing.
- No, I never had any other complaints about his software or the way he deals with the world, quite the opposite in fact.

- If one has certain re-occurring experiences with the world, one can either blame the world and withdraw or one can check what could be wrong with the other side of the deal.
We can't change the world, but we can work on how we deal with it, which in turn can drastically change the world for us.

:hug:

Cheers,

Tom
There isn't a lot more you can do when people approach you with an offer, you fulfill your end and they don't fulfill their end.

Or maybe I was supposed to do their job for them too?

Sorry, but sometimes, it's not YOUR fault, but theirs.

And in this particular case, their end was as simple as just putting a link on their site to my Mangle library. I mean how f**king hard is that?

I re-downloaded and re-installed to make sure: The latest release version of the Mangle on Windows does not come with any third party presets.
Tom explained on the Mangle thread that he wanted to do some more presets himself before adding them to present a better balance.

So it may be taking forever and it may be frustrating, but I can't see him doing anybody any harm or missusing others work?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

I can say from experience when I had a legitimate problem I wrote to Soundguru and it took him a couple of days to get back but he did get back with me and correct the issue. I think he is very bright about how he sees the bigger issues and he is very busy at the moment with his company but I can understand. Frustrating, but he is just a single person, and it's a newer company he is trying to start. He is prioritizing very well IMO. I could see it being frustrating if you have an issue though.

ThomasHelzle wrote:I re-downloaded and re-installed to make sure: The latest release version of the Mangle on Windows does not come with any third party presets.
Tom explained on the Mangle thread that he wanted to do some more presets himself before adding them to present a better balance.

So it may be taking forever and it may be frustrating, but I can't see him doing anybody any harm or missusing others work?

Cheers,

Tom
Well, then I have no idea what he did with the 50 presets that I sent him, that he wrote back and told me were great and yet, to this day, has not included a link on his site to my sound library. And we're not talking about days or weeks or even months here. This has been going on for over a year. And after writing to him countless times to find out where we were, I finally just gave up.

Exactly how much patience am I supposed to have?

In the meantime, I put in countless hours of work for him for nothing more than a reciprocal link pretty much all for nothing.

Look, I'm actually a pretty easy going guy when it comes to stuff like this because, quite honestly, I never expect anything from anyone. You're less likely to be disappointed with that attitude. But when somebody tells you they're going to do something, I was brought up in an era (don't know about today's f**ked up world) when your word meant something.

Apparently, today, your word means nothing.

So, no, I don't give a rat's ass if people reading this never want to work with me. In fact, i am actively discouraging ANYBODY from ever contacting me with a business arrangement ever again. I don't need the headaches. I don't need the lies and I certainly don't need the disappointment.

I hope this makes everything crystal clear.

I finally had the time to check this out a little bit :)

It's really fun to work with and it sounds really great! I especially like the sequencers!
There are certainly a few features I'd like to have, but it's a beta after all!

I'll definitely keep an eye on this!

Anyone like the idea of a small tab on the side of the modules to act as a grab handle for shuffling things around? Maybe I'm not as good a shot as I used to be but I find it a little tricky, especially when zoomed out.

Really like the Recenter Canvas button tho and pleasantly surprised at the depth of most of the modules too (Filter modes, Wavetable morphing, Multistage Envelopes with loop points etc.).

wagtunes wrote:In fact, I am actively discouraging ANYBODY from ever contacting me with a business arrangement ever again.
Your grasp of the self-evident, is encouraging. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
wagtunes wrote:In fact, I am actively discouraging ANYBODY from ever contacting me with a business arrangement ever again.
Your grasp of the self-evident, is encouraging. :tu:
Thank you. I try.

I must admit, when announced this synth caught my eye. However the long development cycle for The Mangle and the unfulfilled commitment to that product have cooled my interest in Tangle. I like to support new developers. I can deal with long development cycles but products need to be completed.

H-man wrote:Anyone like the idea of a small tab on the side of the modules to act as a grab handle for shuffling things around? Maybe I'm not as good a shot as I used to be but I find it a little tricky, especially when zoomed out.
I also asked for that and learned that one can click between the connectors for more grabbing space.
But I think a kind of title bar would be helpful anyway, since some nodes are hard to recognise.
Tom already said that he will look into it.

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “Instruments”