Two Notes Wall of Sound III taking around 5 minutes to instantiate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having a new problem with Wall of Sound III taking a long time to instantiate. It was working fine for a while after the big (and common) problem where it took 5 minutes for the plugin to load. Now, since one of the latest updates, it's taking 5 minutes to instantiate. Meaning when I click on the plugin name to load it, it takes 5 minutes before it appears on my screen. During this time, my DAW is frozen (tried both Cubase and Sonar) and I see a CPU spike during that "instantiation" .

I tried reinstalling. This lead to a quick load on the first try. However, every attempt after that took 5 minutes to instantiate.

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm on Windows 10 64bit. I'm suspecting a Windows Update is the root of the issue.

I don't know about anyone else but I AWAYS had problems with it loading. Gave up eventually.

Yeah, that's the main reason I stopped using it. It checks the license on startup which takes an absolute eternity and while it does that your whole DAW is frozen. It was never as bad as you describe for me but regularly took a half minute or so. I haven't tried it lately though. I bought their stuff when they finally moved away from iLok but they're obviously still paranoid about DRM to the point where they don't care about the user experience it creates.

// Edit

Just be be a bit more constructive: You could check your firewall. Maybe it's blocking or slowing down the call/response that WOS insists on making on every startup.

Odd, never had a problem with in on Reaper under Windows... it just loads fine in a couple of seconds. Connection / firewall perhaps?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

This is a common problem (it's 20-30s for me as well, no matter if the rig is online or not) and the devs are currently working at that.

Please, please file a bug report, mention that it's possibly because of "the load bug". The developers can't reconstruct that on their own rig, and they might(!) need more testers for this to iron out the issue.

There more testers there are, the faster there might be a suitable fix.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

You might try running your DAW as an administrator - WOS might be trying to do something that requires admin privileges and it can't, so it just sits there waiting...
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. [C. S. Lewis]

sealsongs wrote:You might try running your DAW as an administrator - WOS might be trying to do something that requires admin privileges and it can't, so it just sits there waiting...
Doing that already. :(

One correction about my first post: I've realized that it actually takes around 10 seconds to load in Sonar. For some reason, I thought I remembered trying it and it took a long time. It seems like Cubase is where this is really happening. Officially timed it and it took roughly 1 minute and 30 seconds......it always felt like five minutes when I wasn't timing it. lol

I had this problem when I first got WOS III - but it got better after I had the license set up correctly. I can't remember exactly what was wrong - but something went screwy when switching from the "Eval" license to a "paid" one (when I bought my first cab).

I know this problem has been going on for a while - but when I raised a support ticket on the Torpedo site, they were really keen to help and I had to send a log file.

If it's any help,it does work fine here on Win 10 x64 - and I just updated to the latest version (3.2.17).

I hope you can get to the bottom of it...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I like this company, quite frankly they have always been very pleasant, but I jumped onboard really early and went through too many "versions" and like I said, gave up.

So now I updated to the new version, which I thought I had the newest version as I downloaded my previous version 2 weeks ago. Now, there's a new issue. It instantiates really quick.....but it needs to connect to Two Notes' server to sync up my purchased cabs, which works a bit differently from all of the previous versions. This takes a minute due to the fact that it seems like it's also indexing my third party IRs. Also, the updated UI is rather sluggish when loading cabs and turning them on/off. Grrrr....

Just can't win with this thing.

So, I wanted to bump and give an update on this issue. I finally recently realized what was (most likely) causing the issue.

The problem seems like it was my custom IR folder. It was YUGE!!!! Exactly how huge, imagine a Pringles can with veins. I'm sorry......it was this big: It contained 559, 240 files, and 16, 224 folders. Keep in mind that this is a folder that has been building since roughly 2009 or 2010.

So I solved this issue by creating a new impulse folder, with only the impulses that I frequent, and what do ya know?! The problem seems to have disappeared. WoSIII (and now WoS IV) all load quickly.

I just wanted to post this if someone else was having the same issue.

xphen0m wrote:imagine a Pringles can with veins.

*insert vomit smilie here* :hihi:

Return to “Effects”