Tracktion T5 now free!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

Well, I have played for few hours with it and I find it really great!

I'm not a new, so this might affected my opinion. Anyway, it seems it scans only the 32bit plugins (which is fine by me) I downloaded the 64bit version from my account there. The plugins that stopped the scanning are: Waldorf Attack (but PPG Wave 2.3 is working fine!), Arturia SEM V2 and ARP 2600 V3 (I only have those now) and Korg MDE-X effects (those are always problematic not only here).

I tried the VST3 and ARP 2600 V3 appeared and I could play the first preset but when I click the next, the sound disappears! So, I got rid of all the VST3 (Only VST2 now). Strangely that all Waves plugs and synths are working great!

So, in the end it seems really a good host. Stable here in Windows 10 64bit and the cpu usage is really low! But I haven't used it for long time yet. I already like the old workflow of Tracktion 1.6, so I find it even better now! It has many features for midi. I liked a lot the sequence clip. I believe it is an elegant, inviting to use DAW and I will definitely upgrade to version 7 after few days maybe.

I just wish that the developer concentrates on the DAW development and enhancing the workflow/functions more and more (maybe adding like the Clip Launcher in Bitwig, which I know it is a very hard work, but it worth it IMO). This is more important than the loops/3rd party plugins I believe.

I don't know if version 5 supports multi cores. Is version 7 supporting it?

Dowloaded tracktion 7 demo ...crashed ..;deinstalled ;;
downloaded trackt.5. registered on their site, created acount .

Can't connect to tracktion server ..
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:Can't connect to tracktion server ..
I had the same problem, but there is an offline option I think ?

Also the step sequencerclip , does not audition notes.
This is even present in the tracktion 7demo .

Setting a clip to loop , in order to change youll have to go back to the first parent clip , :dog:

This whole gui /layout is so counter intuitive, ffs ...just wanted to try a different daw just for fun ( and it' free ) ,
Hell no .
After almost 10 years of using renoise , almost every other daw feels so slow to use ,including tracktion

My 2 cent
Eyeball exchanging

adding 'A synth' (from antti @smart electronics ) ...instant crash
Eyeball exchanging

Is anyone able to unlock it yet ?
For me it's stil the same error message , something with the tracktion server , oth when I select purchase .;the connection works .
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote:Is anyone able to unlock it yet ?
For me it's stil the same error message , something with the tracktion server , oth when I select purchase .;the connection works .
Try to login in your account in their website. If everything is fine there and you could see Tracktion 5 registered, then try to unlock the software (keep trying till you unlock it) then save and quit. Restart your PC and it would work normally.

I haven't check, there might be offline license in your account.

problem is , while creating an acount I accidentally made an error , I wrote @ gmali instead of @gmail .
The server did not give an error message while typig the faulty email adress ,now trying to fix the problem by creating a new acount ..with the same user name, but corrected email adres.
Server now says : 'acount is already in existence' ( the one withthe faulty adres )

There's nothing in my account , seems that the mail wasn't received because of the faulty adres .

Sigh, I think I totally messed up ..I give up
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote:problem is , while creating an acount I accidentally made an error , I wrote @ gmali instead of @gmail .
The server did not give an error message while typig the faulty email adress ,now trying to fix the problem by creating a new acount ..with the same user name, but corrected email adres.
Server now says : 'acount is already in existence' ( the one withthe faulty adres )
Just select a different user name

I all ready did
Trying to register it off line now , there's no dropwdown menu for the selected product ( stays blank ) , when typing in the machine code --->generate : connection error
Eyeball exchanging

The best thing IMO is writing to the support, so they delete your "messed up" account from their database so you can do it right and register correctly. Then be patient :)

I was able to download and register pretty easily online. It seems odd though that I was a user of T4 (free) and had to create an account for that - but could not log into my account in order to 'upgrade' to T5 free.

It is crashing a constantly as it tries to scan the plug-in folders...does anyone know if the upgrade to T7 offer remains in effect for people that have registered T5 free by midnight 7/26?

^^^^
I used my (very) old account details for the T5-free download page. No need to create another account.

The crashes are probably a dodgy plug-in - can you see how far the scan gets?

Regarding the T7 upgrade:
And, to top off this weekend’s cash saving goodies, we’re opening the full range of T7 upgrade options to anyone who has previously registered a Tracktion product - even the FREE ones. For details on the various T7 packages, see the descriptions below the DAW comparison chart. [Upgrade offer access returns to T5 and T6 on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 PST]
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

T5 got an 8 out of 10 rating by musicradar (Computer Music/Future Music) two years ago.

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... n-5-599366

I don't see Tracktion advertise with them, so the rating is down to the quality of the software

I actually like v5 style more than v7. The multi colours is what made Traction having a unique style (with the so many themes back then). So I really hope that future versions will have similar freedom to customize the coulors :)

Both v5 and v7 were stable with me but I kept v5. I'll escape v7 and see what's come next (v7.5 or v8!).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”