Just posted this on the PreSonus forum RE: Faderport and Cubase 8.5

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So are you going to do something about the WIN 64 bit drivers for Cubase 8.5?
The Faderport box says it works with Cubase and it's so crippled it's almost unusable.
Please help with that. thanks

as you can see the box says it works with Cubase. On both sides of the box. No version specified. One would think it wouldn't be an issue. I buy it I expect it to work with my Cubase.
Newsflash: it doesn't
Fix the thing or change the box.
Do you realize how disrespectful it is for a customer to buy a piece of hardware only to see it doesn't work AS SPECIFIED ON THE BOX?
And don't come tell me I should ask Steinberg because they changed something in the architecture of Cubase, because that's not my job.
I bought a product on the basis of what the box says. I'd rather spend my time doing my job than solving your problems.
So when can I expect my unit to work as advertised? Thanks for your help.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

They will tell you to switch to Studio One...

:hihi:

It always pays to check the specs / system requirements before rushing off to buy that new shiny thing:

http://www.presonus.com/products/FaderPort/techspecs
PreSonus FaderPort has been tested and approved to work with the following software:

Native Mode:

Ableton Live (all versions, using MIDI Learn)
Apple Logic Express/Logic Pro 7, 8, 9
Cakewalk Sonar 6, 7, 8, X1, X2, X3
Magix Samplitude Pro X
Magix Sequoia 10, 11, 12
MOTU Digital Performer (Mac only) 4, 5, 6 and 7 (DP8 not supported)
PreSonus Studio One (all versions)
Steinberg Cubase SX3 and Cubase 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 (64-bit on Mac must use HUI)
Steinberg Nuendo 3, 4, 5 and 6. (64-bit on Mac must use HUI)
Reaper 4
But hey, it's so difficult going to a vendor's website to do the research and so much easier to be butt-hurt when it doesn't work on whatever setup :roll:

As always, caveat emptor !
Why won't you delete this account as I have requested Ben ?

soulone82 wrote:They will tell you to switch to Studio One...

:hihi:
yep I guess that's the name of the game.
Funny thing is - I did switch to Studio One, then I switched back.
It's a fantastic editing / mixing environment, but it didn't really feel like a creative place for me. Also: no score editor.
Shame because I was really liking it
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

RockinMillie wrote: As always, caveat emptor !
I disagree with you. A quick search on this forum (or Gearslutz or whatever) clearly shows that people are fed up with buying software (and hardware) that is incomplete, buggy or stops being supported abruptly. It puzzles me how we all just accept it because that's how it is.
We're the buyers, people who invest money in the product and trust the company; we are forced time and again to raise our voice because we are served half baked stuff. As a customer, I don't want to spend hours hunting for workarounds for a relatively new product sold in a box that says it works with Cubase. Cubase is one of the top three DAWs out there, it's not like I'm using Podium or Renoise. The box says it works with my DAW. On all four sides of the box. In four different languages. Without any further specification. And no, no one rushed out to buy it. It was a chance buy in a shop and I trusted the info the company gave me on the box.
On a side note, I really like your style. Do you always address people you don't know and with whom you have no business with with that sass? Do you realize you could have given me the same information without sounding snide, right?
Here's how it would have sounded:

Hey, trtzbass. I know one can get excited about buying new gadgets, but better safe than sorry. Remember to always double check with the company website; otherwise you might have trouble. Best of luck.

See? exactly the same message without sounding condescending.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

trtzbass wrote:
The box says it works with my DAW. On all four sides of the box. In four different languages. Without any further specification. And no, no one rushed out to buy it. It was a chance buy in a shop and I trusted the info the company gave me on the box.
On a side note, I really like your style. Do you always address people you don't know and with whom you have no business with with that sass? Do you realize you could have given me the same information without sounding snide, right? ...
Firstly - Oh but it doesn't ! Where does it say that it works with Cubase 8.5 on the box ? If you are going to just assume that it will work perfectly with all versions of the software mentioned on the box then more fool you. :dog:

Secondly - I couldn't care less if you like my style or not. However you may wish to review the style and ranting tone of your original post about the manufacturer being 'disrespectful', just because you couldn't be arsed to check on the specs / requirements before buying it.

Hilarious :lol:

trtzbass wrote:
I disagree with you. A quick search on this forum (or Gearslutz or whatever) clearly shows that people are fed up with buying software (and hardware) that is incomplete, buggy or stops being supported abruptly. It puzzles me how we all just accept it because that's how it is.
We're the buyers, people who invest money in the product and trust the company; we are forced time and again to raise our voice because we are served half baked stuff. As a customer, I don't want to spend hours hunting for workarounds for a relatively new product sold in a box that says it works with Cubase. Cubase is one of the top three DAWs out there, it's not like I'm using Podium or Renoise. The box says it works with my DAW. On all four sides of the box. In four different languages. Without any further specification. And no, no one rushed out to buy it. It was a chance buy in a shop and I trusted the info the company gave me on the box.
On a side note, I really like your style. Do you always address people you don't know and with whom you have no business with with that sass? Do you realize you could have given me the same information without sounding snide, right?
Here's how it would have sounded:

Hey, trtzbass. I know one can get excited about buying new gadgets, but better safe than sorry. Remember to always double check with the company website; otherwise you might have trouble. Best of luck.

See? exactly the same message without sounding condescending.
Take it from someone who agrees completely, you won't get far here with common sense and logic! :lol:

Ol' millie has become the queen of "it all works, it's always the buyers fault"

incubus wrote:
trtzbass wrote:
You just can't resist the opportunity to troll can you Hibidy :lol:

I'm sure I'm younger than you, so less of the 'Ol'
Yes, I am certainly the queen of thoroughly checking if a piece of hardware or software will work
with my DAW / OS, or has been certified with my system by the vendor before buying it.
It's called taking responsibility for your own actions.
Common sense and logic

Really :lol:
Common sense and logic would dictate that if the DAW version is not stated on the box, then one would check further (i.e. FOFO).

You on the other hand, like the OP, like to rant on in forums about how it's all someone else's fault and take no responsibility at all for your own capricious GAS.

So put me back on your ignore list, jog on and go troll elsewhere hibidy :hihi:
Last edited by RockinMillie on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trtzbass wrote:Please help with that. thanks
"Have you tried turning it off and back on?!" - Customer Support

No seriously...

First and foremost, the Faderport is not only an old device, it's also somewhat discontinued. Think of it like the Behringer Control series - still sold, but it won't go anywhere anymore.

Then, the device might not work as expected for you - meaning, the "native drivers" don't work, or you need to use a specific mode in Cubase. For example: Mackie HUI rather than Baby HUI or something similar.

In fact, a quick Google search would have saved you from a lot of frustration so far (search terms: Faderport Cubase). Because this question has been answered over at the Steinberg forum:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... a0#p420062

Do I use the Faderport?
Nope - I'm using the Behringer Control series. However, if I'm stuck with something, I try to hunt down answers via the developers first, then try the developer-related user communities. If I can't still find an answer after that, I can rage-quit on KVR or GS.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:However, if I'm stuck with something, I try to hunt down answers via the developers first, then try the developer-related user communities. If I can't still find an answer after that, I can rage-quit on KVR or GS.
:tu:
Yes, there are ways of asking for help in the first instance, rather than ranting.
For example:
I appear to have made the mistake of assuming that <insert product here> would work with <insert DAW here> version, <insert version here> without checking the specific requirements first. Has anyone here had any experience of this and able to offer any advice ? I have opened a support ticket with <insert vendor here> but so far no solutions have been forthcoming. Thanks in advance.

Asking a similar question in parallel is no problem. Being pissed at something is sometimes also no problem (though the KVR crowd can be really picky as of late).

But not trying all resources at your hand first, then that can be a bit problematic.
IMO, YMMV and all that kind of jazz.

Uhm... Jazz-Hands?!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

RockinMillie wrote:
incubus wrote:
trtzbass wrote:
You just can't resist the opportunity to troll can you Hibidy :lol:

I'm sure I'm younger than you, so less of the 'Ol'
Yes, I am certainly the queen of thoroughly checking if a piece of hardware or software will work
with my DAW / OS, or has been certified with my system by the vendor before buying it.
It's called taking responsibility for your own actions.
Common sense and logic

Really :lol:
Common sense and logic would dictate that if the DAW version is not stated on the box, then one would check further (i.e. FOFO).

You on the other hand, like the OP, like to rant on in forums about how it's all someone else's fault and take no responsibility at all for your own capricious GAS.

So put me back on your ignore list, jog on and go troll elsewhere hibidy :hihi:
You have no idea what you are talking about as usual.

And because it's obvious, your name should be "rockin "SHILL" ie. ;)

incubus wrote: You have no idea what you are talking about as usual.
And because it's obvious, your name should be "rockin "SHILL" ie. ;)
As if you do :hihi: ROFL

Really is the best you can do hibidy ?
Pathetic.

The Faderport box says it works with Cubase and it's so crippled it's almost unusable.
Been reading along for a few days and am just curious what doesn't work correctly (specifically) in x64 OSX. Not that I have any answers or solutions or suggestions, I don't, just more curious about what should be working that isn't.

Thanks.

P.S. On another note, hardware isn't really like software. If you buy hardware and it doesn't work correctly and/or it doesn't meet your expectations, return it. I've done that a few times without any issue.

I have a faderport and though I don't use all of its functions extensively, its mighty handy to have. The fader is awesome and gets enough use to justify its space on my desk.

Believe it or not, this is one of those things that's actually holding me back from switching to Mac from PC. It's that on Mac, Cubase gets treated like a second-class citizen. No faderport either.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”