Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Sampleconstruct wrote:No issues here with Serum inside Logic X whatsoever.
So if you open a new project and insert just one software instrument track with serum and start adding modulation and voicing and what-not, you're cpu doesn't get maxed out super easily? What the heck?

bitcrusher wrote:I have a ton of happy users in Logic. Obviously if you can try another host as a test you might narrow down the issue further. I would recommend to contact me through the website if you'd like assistance!

-Steve
Serum | Xfer Records
Thanks Steve. Yeah not sure what the issue is??? I'll hit you up on there tonight.

Hello
the last Serum build (v1.10b7 beta) is crashing Pro Tools 12.4.0 when scanning plug-ins on OSX 10.9.5.
Is someone having the same problem?

please contact me through the website, there's a known issue relating to PT12 and that beta, but I have a fix for it already.

-Steve
Serum | Xfer Records

Hi everyone,

So a new pack was released for Serum: Weapons of choice vol. 1! :party:

This pack includes 100 Serum patches, 100 wavetables (optimized for Serum), and 744 wav samples.

Any thoughts / user experiences?

Cheers! Gigs

Damn nefarious tactics ... signed up for a sub ... 3 days full trial and then "just" a tenner for a month. I could spend that on some mmo instead ... (/also) .. i can tell my writing is off and that could maybe because of several hours of modulating and uh .. stuff. Impressive synth! Really cool filters and oscillators! Maybe too easy to get lost. Sort of need to leave a trail behind me in case i get too deep into this weird place.
:hug:

bitcrusher wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
db3 wrote:Hey Steve,
The demo version still shows as 1.0.1.7 from Oct 2014. I understand you've made loads of updates since release...is there a newer demo version available?
+1
I´m now very interested in buying Serum but i also would like to test the latest version before i do.
I will try to get a new demo up this week and post about it here. I've been deferring it because there are some big features on the table (no pun intended.... or is it?) :ud: and I was sort of hoping to get some of that upcoming stuff in place.. but I will just update the demo yet again down the road!

-Steve
Serum | Xfer Records
Hi Steve,

Sorry to bother but could you upload a newer beta? I would also like to give the new features a try before deciding.

thanks.

Is there a newer beta (or even better a non beta version for once)?

aMUSEd wrote:Is there a newer beta (or even better a non beta version for once)?
is there something wrong with the latest version??

I guess they were talking about the demo actually.

The demo is really old, I would also like to try the latest version before buying.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:I guess they were talking about the demo actually.

The demo is really old, I would also like to try the latest version before buying.
Ah, yeah, sure i agree

exmatproton wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Is there a newer beta (or even better a non beta version for once)?
is there something wrong with the latest version??
It's been stuck where it is for several months, some features are still unfinished eg fx version

is there any way to use this with push2 ? at least would be nice to use the bend "wheel" as modwheel or stuff like that if i cant go trough the presets with push.

Keppada wrote:is there any way to use this with push2 ? at least would be nice to use the bend "wheel" as modwheel or stuff like that if i cant go trough the presets with push.
You can use any synth with Push just the same. It's not up to dev, but custom instrument rack or M4L device.
Push has pitchwheel but no modwheel by default, get over it.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Also the smoothing function in LFOs 5-8 is broken in the current version, Steve said he would fix it soon.

Return to “Instruments”