Only echo before silence

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JerGoertz wrote:
Ayorinde wrote: What did you use for the brass? :phones:
Drums were GroveAgent 4, everything else was HALion 5: brass, organ, bass, synths, some drum loops in the middle bit. And the vocals are from a sample pack by Jana Tarasenko.

Thanks for liking - although I really was just trying to demonstrate a technique, honest guv! :tu:

bookofthoth wrote:I use Reaper and I sort of understand side chain, but could you elaborate? :)
https://youtu.be/8Tt5yWOxB2E

Am absolutely amazed by the response, thanks so much. I'm going to try all of the advice and see what works best for me. I think I'd like to learn the techniques as well as having a duckdelay. I agree as well great track :)
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

I'm surprised no one has mentioned using a multi tap delay - then you can manually set how many times you want the delay to be heard after the source. You may well get the result you want from ReaDelay in Reaper. Unless I'm understanding you wrong.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Multitap has nothing to do with ducking.

Multitap simply means you have fine control over the echos. For example you can have a first echo on L channel with 50% followed by three echos on the R channel with 25% volume.

I tried them, and this works best for me

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p= ... ostcount=4

It needs some fine tuning (but that's fun) and I have it working a treat on some gregorian chants, so thanks a bunch for your help :tu:
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

Parameter modulation for the Dry/Wet knob, that's a nice trick indeed.
:tu:

Chris-S wrote:Multitap has nothing to do with ducking.
I'm well aware of that lol.. The description in the op didn't suggest a ducking delay would give the effect desired. I thought he simply wanted a delay that doesn't continuously repeat.
Chris-S wrote:Multitap simply means you have fine control over the echos. For example you can have a first echo on L channel with 50% followed by three echos on the R channel with 25% volume.
Thankyou for the lesson on something I use everyday ;)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

:D

Return to “Production Techniques”