SoloRack modular synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah_Dziz wrote: It's as close to a Nord modular in software that there is at the moment.
Not to derail this thread any further, as I am really excited about the potential of what has been shown here thus far, but to address your particular need:
Click HERE :tu:

I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote: It's as close to a Nord modular in software that there is at the moment.
Not to derail this thread any further, as I am really excited about the potential of what has been shown here thus far, but to address your particular need:
Click HERE :tu:

Very unstable and no VST version. I couldn't even get it to work on my PC.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sonigen is a nice vst ,for sure , but what's the use of patch cables if you can't use it for whatever you want ( osc----> filterFM) .
I am also afrais it isnow abandonware .
Sonigen can do this, not very well, but it does.
it's a pity that has been abandoned :(

S0lo wrote:Just added a new demo to the top post, previewing the new sequencer and swift oscillator modules.

Only raw sounds here. No effects.

BTW, if you haven't noticed yet. The name is SoloRack.
Really impressed by this new modular synth,can't wait to try it! :)

It is also polyphonic?

Taifunk wrote:
S0lo wrote:Just added a new demo to the top post, previewing the new sequencer and swift oscillator modules.

Only raw sounds here. No effects.

BTW, if you haven't noticed yet. The name is SoloRack.
Really impressed by this new modular synth,can't wait to try it! :)

It is also polyphonic?
Thanks, glad you like. MIDI polyphony is coming soon. Sequencer polyphony is done.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Small tip for the developer, create an eco system, do not expect an eco system to happen.
Your current plan does not create an eco system, you give away the player expecting people to buy modules, there by expecting an eco system.
I suggest give away
The player
Simple Osc
Simple Filter
Simple LFO
Simple ADSR
Include nothing else, not even in demo mode, make them completely invisible.
Why, the consumer mind is very collecting, i need to buy this i need to buy that, once they have started to use your set up, they will want more more more, however, if they are just preset noodlers, the presets will work (including any modules not owned, but those modules will not be visible or tweakable) the preset makers are buying the add ons, and if people want to tweak they will buy the add ons.

This approach is much safer and with the limited free set as above will put you straight on the map, that and a simple serial number will give you initial kudos.
Duh

bungle wrote:Small tip for the developer, create an eco system, do not expect an eco system to happen.
Your current plan does not create an eco system, you give away the player expecting people to buy modules, there by expecting an eco system.
I suggest give away
The player
Simple Osc
Simple Filter
Simple LFO
Simple ADSR
Why, the consumer mind is very collecting, i need to buy this i need to buy that, once they have started to use your set up, they will want more more more, however, if they are just preset noodlers, the presets will work (including any modules not owned, but those modules will not be visible or tweakable) the preset makers are buying the add ons, and if people want to tweak they will buy the add ons.

This approach is much safer and with the limited free set as above will put you straight on the map, that and a simple serial number will give you initial kudos.
I agree with this 100%. I think it is an excellent idea.

bungle wrote:Small tip for the developer, create an eco system, do not expect an eco system to happen.
I suggest give away
The player
Simple Osc
Simple Filter
Simple LFO
Simple ADSR

Are you talking about a "Player" version to be unlocked upon purchase of additional modules?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

No, the developer has been calling his rack a player, i just used his term, the shell that holds the modules.
Duh

bungle wrote:No, the developer has been calling his rack a player, i just used his term, the shell that holds the modules.
Actually I never said the word "player".
I suggest give away
The player
Simple Osc
Simple Filter
Simple LFO
Simple ADSR

Thanks for your suggestion. I agree and disagree with you on certain points. One needs allot of thinking to decide on this matter.
www.solostuff.net

And from your comparison with Eurorack where you said you could sell it, can we assume that people can transfer module licenses ?
Duh

bungle wrote:And from your comparison with Eurorack where you said you could sell it, can we assume that people can transfer module licenses ?
I would very much like to make a form of license transfers possible. But I can't give a final word, nor details on that now. I need to program a proper licensing system first. Would have to decide if transfers would be processed manually or automatically. If manually, I might need staff if things get big.

It's a bit early now. There will probably be a demo, time limited beta version(s) before the final release. But again, no promises. You will know when it's out :)
www.solostuff.net

I know it's not even been a month since this thread was started but what are we looking at as far as a Windows 64 bit VST version for this? Like a year away?

wagtunes wrote:I know it's not even been a month since this thread was started but what are we looking at as far as a Windows 64 bit VST version for this? Like a year away?
The plugin it self is still 32bit. I tested it on a 64bit Windows OS and it works both on 32bit DAW and 64bit DAW (bridged/wrapper).

Just to mention here, You only REALLY need a 64bit version when the plugin uses more than 2Gb of memory. Which is way way far higher from what SoloRack is using. So basically, if your DAW can run both 32bit and 64bit plugs, SoloRack should work, even before I release a 64bit version.
www.solostuff.net

S0lo wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I know it's not even been a month since this thread was started but what are we looking at as far as a Windows 64 bit VST version for this? Like a year away?
The plugin it self is still 32bit. I tested it on a 64bit Windows OS and it works both on 32bit DAW and 64bit DAW (bridged/wrapper).

Just to mention here, You only REALLY need a 64bit version when the plugin uses more than 2Gb of memory. Which is way way far higher from what SoloRack is using. So basically, if your DAW can run both 32bit and 64bit plugs, SoloRack should work, even before I release a 64bit version.
The problem is, the internal VST bridger built into Cubase is crap and most of my 32 bit plugs crash. I've since gotten rid of almost all of them. Jbridge, which is the biggest waste of money I ever spent, sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

So I won't be investing in a 32 bit system, especially the kind of money this system could run into, under those shaky conditions.

Shame. Because I was really looking forward to this system.

Return to “Instruments”