Output Movement: Rhythm FX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Tantra, Molekular and some SoundToys racks for similar kinds of stuff, but I too often don't quite get what i'm wanting with them, or for example the presets are so extreme they are unusable for my tastes.

Going from the 'in use' YouTube vids i've watched this seems to be more subtle but far closer to what i'm typically looking for, which is typically just interesting rhythmic modulation rather than glitch effects etc. I like that it's gone none of the crazy stuff that Molekular has, and it's not as 'trancey' as I find Tantra can be. I also don't particular enjoy editing patches in Tantra, and it's not the best sounding plugin i'd say but still has it's uses for me sometimes, as does Molekular.

I think i'm going to buy Movement now and see how it works out for me as I think i'll get on with it far better. I like the UI, and the XY pad will be very useful, which is something Tantra is missing.

The sidechain function sounds like it will be very useful as well.

Doug1978 wrote:Exhale on the other hand looks very interesting.
Movement is a bit like the Rhythm and FX part of Exhale. I was playing with Movement and some vocal samples with great result. But I like to work with Exhale as well, for faster result. Specially since the included content fit my music perfectly. They will include a free expansion with current sale, which is a very nice offer. It's also fun to use Exhale with Movement.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

After a week of using Movement i'm really happy with it. The evolving variations you can get with the XY pad are just great. I'm going to be using this plugin a lot!

barryfell wrote:After a week of using Movement i'm really happy with it. The evolving variations you can get with the XY pad are just great. I'm going to be using this plugin a lot!
Good to hear. It's currently very high on my 'to buy' list, but I'm still not entirely convinced that is considerably better than CamelSpace, in which case I might spend my money elsewhere.
CamelSpace also has that X/Y pad, so that feature does not sell it for me unfortunately.

Really enjoying Movement here! I absolutely love rhythmic effects, and until now Tantra has been my goto tool. I demoed Molekular and Effectrix and didn't get on with these - too glitchy and they generally destroy the underlying patch. Movement is different, can be very subtle if you want it to be. I've had great results on just about every type of sound - pads, leads, guitars, vocals, drums, percussion.

Biggest advantages of Movement over Tantra are the XY pad and easy to use GUI. The XY pad makes it really easy to add movement to Movement!

Check it out with the 14-day money back guarantee. I know, I agree it's not a convenient as a demo version. But I tried it with the intention of sending it back within 14 days if I didn't like it, and I'm really glad I did.

Numanoid wrote:According to the website, Win 8 and up
That's a ridiculous move. Should be fine though provided they didn't make the installer one that you have to hack to install on older operating systems like NIs.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:
Numanoid wrote:According to the website, Win 8 and up
That's a ridiculous move. Should be fine though provided they didn't make the installer one that you have to hack to install on older operating systems like NIs.
Win 7 has been supported for 2 months now.

Output is revving up their engine, to be launched in September

Beyond 4/4 expansion is out

"Add interesting rhythms to any track with presets in 3/4, 5/4, 7/8, 11/8 and many more"

http://output.com/products/expansion-packs

I find it really frustrating that the only audio/video they have for their expansion packs is a single track demoing 4-5 presets. They really should do patch walkthrough videos if they expect someone to pay $35 for an expansion library. Not that I even own Movement, lol.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

It seems Movement cant handle dynamic processing buffers well. On renoise it crashes alot, even with static buffers. In FLStudio the cpu usage raise till death, when static buffer is not forced.

aquilyzer wrote:It seems Movement cant handle dynamic processing buffers well. On renoise it crashes alot, even with static buffers. In FLStudio the cpu usage raise till death, when static buffer is not forced.
I'm interested in the Output products, but don't own any yet, so that's good to know.

Now that I'm a proud owner of Movement due to owning a Presonus interface, I can safely say that Output Movement is a great effect. While it's certainly nothing ground-breaking, it's capable of some fine LFO fx and the included reverb and distortion are of the highest quality. With that said, I would have never purchased it at its full price. Even at a 50% discount I'd say it's too expensive. But free? What a steal!

Anyone have more recent thoughts on this vs Tantra or others?

I have seen a lot of folks mention that this can be subtler than other rhythmic effects. I have found that I turn the wet / dry mix down a bit when using Tantra's presets. With something like GlitchMachine's products, I definitely turn the mix down a lot as they can be mangling! I do love every plug from them though - and Tantra!

dandezebra wrote:Anyone have more recent thoughts on this vs Tantra or others?

I have seen a lot of folks mention that this can be subtler than other rhythmic effects. I have found that I turn the wet / dry mix down a bit when using Tantra's presets. With something like GlitchMachine's products, I definitely turn the mix down a lot as they can be mangling! I do love every plug from them though - and Tantra!
check out
Which Rhythm Generator is the Best?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6620782

Return to “Effects”