Tracktion T5 now free!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

Nice, and it can be used to upgrade to T7 this weekend, according to their newsletter I just got

Mac download is broken it appears.

However, if you create an account to get the product, login and a working link will be in your downloadable products.

Windows download seems broken too...

Would expect heavy downloading going at the mo'

Maybe the server at Tracktion got hammered?

Thought id check this out and ran into the non-working link thing too.

But its an easy fix.

In the last part of the link where it says

TracktionInstall_5_Windows_latest.exe

you have to insert the bit part so it looks like this:

TracktionInstall_5_Windows_32Bit_latest.exe

Replace the 32 with 64 to get the 64bit version, but be sure to keep the capital 'B' in 'Bit'.

(Would have posted the entire link but the Tracktion folks probably wouldnt like that.)

Alternatively you can use your registration data (i.e. the email and PW you just used in the registration form) to log in at Tracktion and get a downloadlink from there. That one has the bit part already included.

OK, installed and already disappointed.

On the website they state:
Please complete the following form before downloading T5 Free. You will unlock T5 using the email and password below.
Clear enough...or so youd think. But unfortunately thats not how it works.

The email and password wont unlock anything unless you connect to a Tracktion server because its really good old Challenge/Response.

Could have been made clearer, IMO...

I downloaded T5, but the same username/password does not unlock, just says 'no license found' :(

on the T7 for upgrade for all, if you buy the T7 upgrade now, does there need to be a traction license registered for it to work (obviously this is failing for me for the above reason)

doesn't seem a promising start to use Traction if they have a 'special offer' weekend, and the trial and upgrade offer both don't work.

I also had lots of problems authorizing T6

There is an offline option, I think that can solve the problem.

Numanoid wrote:I also had lots of problems authorizing T6

There is an offline option, I think that can solve the problem.
unfortunately not, even though I went through the register/download, it doesn't seem to have added T5 to my account, so the offline form, doesn't have any products in the dropdown.

Too bad

Maybe the T5 free option, is just an excuse for Tracktion to push their T7 $30 upgrade :?

Numanoid wrote:Too bad

Maybe the T5 free option, is just an excuse for Tracktion to push their T7 $30 upgrade :?
If it is, its not very good at that either... Im not going to buy the T7 Upgrade, unless I have a T5 license, as usually you need an existing license, to be able to register an upgrade license.

anyway, just been trailing T7 (mac 64 bit) and its crashed a couple of times already, and I was also interested if they change the MDC support over to MPE, but it appears not. which is kinda weird since Roli don't even support MDC anymore, they moved to MPE. don't know if its just a naming thing, but again, not promising if Tracktion haven't noticed this :(

Never used Tracktion before, but just want to report that I installed the free T5 today, did the offline unlock and it worked fine here. Very quick and easy...

Does anyone know how long the $30 upgrade offer for T7 will be good for "purchasers" of the free T5? I don't want to buy it until I have time to see if I can get my head around it and relate to the workflow. I'm used to Reaper, and like it very much.
Michael

They'll get it sorted , it's always like this when they do a sale or a new version comes out.

Quasar wrote:... just want to report that I installed the free T5 today, did the offline unlock and it worked fine here. Very quick and easy...
Yes, me too! I expected errors in registration or something, but everything went fine.

It is for 32bit plugins only (+ VST3) right? Anyway, it stops in scanning from time to time, so I need to cancel and start again.

I did used Tracktion 1.6 many years ago. I remember it was so popular and a real threat for the big DAWs that time! Unfortunately, ... well, we know what happened! So, today I felt nostalgic. I don't know and I don't think I'll leave my DAW and move to Tracktion, but it is nice to keep as a Second host maybe!

I might upgrade to Version 7, let's see first how version 5 is ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”