A tip that could be of help with the Continuata downloader

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's an experience I share as some other users might find themselves in a similar situation at some point:

I bought a sample library from a vendor that uses the Continuata downloader.

I thus thought I needed to use that Downloader app, and installed it, and then downloaded my files.

However when the download was finished it turns out that some of the rar part files are corrupted, even though the download app says they are downloaded 100%

After some head scratching I find that Continuata actually supports downloading using a browser: http://continuata.com/technical-support/

So then I quickly manage to download new file parts for those that are corrupted, and problem solved.

But why wasn't it stated in big blinking red letter from the start that I didn't have to use the Continuata download app, I could have used my browser? I would of course much prefer using my browser to download, which is much quicker and I don't have to install a separate product to do so.

So if anyone buys a product that uses Continuata downloader, and the vendor just points you in the direction of downloading that app to get your files, know that you can also use your browser to download the sample library you have bought ;)

click on the menu contact then sub menu support :
there is a faq with this link :
http://continuata.net/manual_links.php

The only company I deal with regularly that uses Continuata is SoundIron, and they tell you how to do manual downloads in the purchase information email.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Just an update on this: Continuata have changed their policy and you now get this message when you enter your download code into the manual download page:

Manual Links Requested.
To prevent fraud and piracy we no longer issue manual links automatically. Your vendor has been notified and will send you your links once your purchase has been verified.

No problem with Continuata in the past but what i don't like is that it immediately start to unpack the files after a finished download. Not always welcome. An option would be great.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I just use the built in one in Firefox. You don't have to do anything - it just works.

Continuata is a piece of crap.

I had big trouble trying to download Symphony Series Brass. The program is really something that I personally don't want to use anymore. I really think that at some point it will start to impact the sales if the problems are not solved, it's that bad.

Musical Gym wrote:Continuata is a piece of crap.
Yes, i totally agree....i hate it too and it never worked without trouble for me. I wish some developers (like Heavyocity f.e.) would use something else! Please!

nbd wrote:I had big trouble trying to download Symphony Series Brass. The program is really something that I personally don't want to use anymore. I really think that at some point it will start to impact the sales if the problems are not solved, it's that bad.
+1 for this too!

... I'm curious - what are the stated / expected benefits of Continuata?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

You prefer manual download links?
Actually, this topic comes very handy to me right now. I have a pretty big library (~60GB) on the works and I was thinking on distributing it using Continuata.
What do you guys think it's the best method?

DarkStar wrote:... I'm curious - what are the stated / expected benefits of Continuata?
Per-user library watermarking is about the only thing.

EvilDragon wrote: Per-user library watermarking is about the only thing.
I was referring more to the way of downloading that many GB. A downloader seems much simpler as you only have to enter the serial and it manages all files at once, generally increasing the download speed by doing multithreading and also decompressing the files (I still get a lot of e-mails asking how to load a RAR file into Kontakt).

But how would the per-user watermarking work? I set the script to display the name of the buyer on init but I have to re-compile the NKR and NKC per each user, right? Would that work on a Kontakt Player encrypted nki?
Maybe doing it in a separate script slot?

You'd need to discuss about watermarking with Stu from Continuata... It has nothing to do with KSP scripting - it's hidden in the NKI itself (and yes, works with any kind of NKI).

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”