What could bring back music industry to life

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What could bring back the telegraph industry to life? Nothing. It's dead like the music industry. Time has moved on.

VELLISLAV wrote:Hello i was thinking about how could music industry be strong again in modern digital era and my opinion is that global music need new commercial digital formats and players used by all musicians - if you have any thoughts or ideas about it please share it here.Thanks :)
Better beatz, updated version of autotune, and more DJ's.

VELLISLAV wrote:Hello i was thinking about how could music industry be strong again in modern digital era and my opinion is that global music need new commercial digital formats and players used by all musicians - if you have any thoughts or ideas about it please share it here.Thanks :)

Sure how about we start the .SCAM format and advertise it as being the best sounding you can buy.

:lol:
:borg:

I'd like to make an observation that's a little outside the range of previous discussion and it has to do with changes to the "local" music scene over the last 30 years, though I think it's generally relevant to the public's evolving attitude toward music. I'm 62 and grew up in the SF Bay Area, so things might be different in your part of the world. When I was coming up there were lots of local clubs that supported even mediocre musicians like myself. Being in a band was fun and live music generated a genuine excitement in local audiences, be it from cover bands or original groups trying to "make it." The 70's even beat back disco in favor of live rock music, but 80's brought a couple of things that became the death knell of a vibrant local music scene: AIDS, strict drunk driving laws, the commodification of music by MTV, etc., and the eventual rise of DJ culture. Going to a neighborhood club to see a local band was no longer cool and almost all the venues that featured live music have closed. The few that remain demand that bands promote themselves and bring in an audience, i.e., hit up up all their friends and family to go to shows because the general public is no longer interested. Not fun anymore. In the Bay Area there is almost no local scene. There are a few pro players with top-level skills that make a decent living, mainly by teaching or touring, and there are still a number of inspired amateurs, like myself, who play when they can for little or no money, or even pay to play because they love music so much (or are still hanging on to the glory days, lol), but music pretty much has been relegated to the status of arcane hobby. Digital media just sealed the deal, and without much of an organic foundation, no wonder manufactured music is now the norm.
"Let your lessons take the form of play." Plato

We could all learn to make better music for a start.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

anomandaris1 wrote:Industry doesn't equal art.
People used to buy CDs just for 1 or 2 good songs. Now you can buy just the song you like, so noone can sell garbage products.
Definitely. And I think artists know themselves because there are a couple of songs which I would like to buy, but which are the only ones on the respective albums not available individually.
So I keep them as YT favorites, maybe the YT clicks are enough for those artists.

Anyway, do wannabe artists still try to get a record deal with big labels or is that outdated?
I heard that only very few artists manage to survive by selling records, or files these days. What is more lucrative is performing live or at least doing lip-sync shit on TV programs 8)

did you see that tron movie in the eighties. didn't they make another one. but the first one -

what if, instead of like, freeing the entire system for all the users, tron had like, instead decided to set his sights on like, getting a job as one of the guys with the zappy sticks. you know, increased personal security incentive and all that.

that's like, the version of tron that is your entire life.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

my point was that we need digital tools better than mp3 downloads if we want to make The Music a serious industry again - no need to be genius or magician to write interesting music - just ideas and devotion :)Thanks :)

Aloysius wrote:We could all learn to make better music for a start.
...and one that actually sells today, but yeah, let's get past back and sell music we love to make. :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
Aloysius wrote:We could all learn to make better music for a start.
...and one that actually sells today, but yeah, let's get past back and sell music we love to make. :lol:
And if that doesn't work, we must all serve better burgers.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”