Any AAS Tasman 5 news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
murnau wrote:
KBSoundSmith wrote:There hasn't been for 12 years. Give up on it. Besides, you can get Reaktor 6 and have Blocks -- it is by far a more comprehensive package than Tassman.

I think AAS realized that they missed the boat on Tassman 5 years ago and have correctly avoided wasting limited development time on a complex piece of software that they don't have the staff to support. Better to make smaller, easier to develop and support software that can make more frequent sales to a larger customer base. Tassman 5 is never going to happen.
They updated their whole product range one after another without exception. Tassman as mentioned already will also been updated for sure because it's the last product didn't received any updates yet. :)
Based on the nature of the other updates, I'm not expecting much for a Tassman 5 update

The other updates have been mostly cosmetic with some relatively minor improvements. Tassman needs a whole lot of additional functionality and revamping of the basic design. Of course I would be happy to be pleasantly surprised... and I would be surprised.
^This. In case anyone's not noticed, AAS's updates are cash grabs that offer next to nothing. That said, I do like a lot of their instruments, especially Chromaphone.
Thanks for the dose of reality. Anybody who thinks there is going to be a Tassman 5 that's anything more than a cosmetic update of 4, let alone a Tassman 5 at all, is delusional.

Its been 10 years people. It ain't happening.
I wish I could disagree with that statement, but....I can't. All the evidence of their previous releases indicate that it will be the most underwhelming update of them all. However, I do love their instruments, just not for their "cutting-edge" updates. They sound great, are very cpu efficient, easy to use, and stable. I suspect tassman will just get a cosmetic update, with maybe a few more modules and a few more effects. Kinda sad. It could've really become something huge.

Aryaroman wrote:This and Ultra Analog are at the same price currently. No, actually UA is a bit more expensive. Maybe they're selling it for so cheap because the update is coming soon?

AAS, overall, seems to be stumbling a bit. I can't even figure out the difference between UA2 and UA Session.

ok let me get this straight. You say AAS seems to be stumbling a bit, you go on to explain this is because YOU can't figure out the difference between UA2 and UA session. And because you cannot figure this out is why they are stumbling? :roll:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

zerocrossing wrote:In case anyone's not noticed, AAS's updates are cash grabs that offer next to nothing.
What - like the Chromaphone upgrade that cost all of 29 bucks and included an excellent free preset expansion? Yeah, that was a real rip off ... not! :D

If it will come, it will explode your brain.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Hoping they wow us with a complete modern update including ZDF and audio rate modulation... with low CPU :D
A well-behaved signature.

wagtunes wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
murnau wrote:
KBSoundSmith wrote:There hasn't been for 12 years. Give up on it. Besides, you can get Reaktor 6 and have Blocks -- it is by far a more comprehensive package than Tassman.

I think AAS realized that they missed the boat on Tassman 5 years ago and have correctly avoided wasting limited development time on a complex piece of software that they don't have the staff to support. Better to make smaller, easier to develop and support software that can make more frequent sales to a larger customer base. Tassman 5 is never going to happen.
They updated their whole product range one after another without exception. Tassman as mentioned already will also been updated for sure because it's the last product didn't received any updates yet. :)
Based on the nature of the other updates, I'm not expecting much for a Tassman 5 update

The other updates have been mostly cosmetic with some relatively minor improvements. Tassman needs a whole lot of additional functionality and revamping of the basic design. Of course I would be happy to be pleasantly surprised... and I would be surprised.
^This. In case anyone's not noticed, AAS's updates are cash grabs that offer next to nothing. That said, I do like a lot of their instruments, especially Chromaphone.
Thanks for the dose of reality. Anybody who thinks there is going to be a Tassman 5 that's anything more than a cosmetic update of 4, let alone a Tassman 5 at all, is delusional.

i'm pretty sure it won't be purely cosmetic, none of the other updates were.

ATS wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
murnau wrote:

i'm pretty sure it won't be purely cosmetic, none of the other updates were.
it still sounds great. so, if they just made a new UI so it wasn't a PITA to edit and all the switching back and forth between builder and UI screens to hear the patch changes and the overlapping lines of cables etc i'd be pretty pleased.

of course.. modern optimizations to take advantage of multiple cores and all that back end underneath yada yada yada would be great.

I wish they would release some sound sets for it.

I just sent them a post saying how much we would all love to see Tassman 5. Whether that was a waste of time will see. While i would not call the other instrument updates "cash grabs" i would say they were underwhelming. It seems that they are mostly just interested in keeping their synths current, usable, sellable (ie., 64bit). I agree that an upgrade for Tassman should be much deeper than what they've done with everything else. It needs a good bit of work to make it the stellar softsynth it could be. As for presets, who cares, i'd like to see so much change that old presets are not compatible and leave it to using Tassman 4 for your old preset (at least temporarily until someone can devise a method of translating them.) Backwards compatibility is a minor issue as long as you can run version 4.

ps. it's interesting to see so many definitive, assured statements being made about something that is a guessing game.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote:ps. it's interesting to see so many definitive, assured statements being made about something that is a guessing game.
yeah on both sides

but I did email AAS today and asked about this so I will report back what they say.

CrystalWizard wrote:ps. it's interesting to see so many definitive, assured statements being made about something that is a guessing game.
Not guessing. Some of us previously emailed AAS and reported their reply, eg from 2014: "To make a long story short, we have been upgrading all our products one by one by bringing them on a new software platform.... Tassman, being our most elaborate program, is the last one we will release on that platform." AAS did what they said so far, so no evidence to believe they are playing a game.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
Not guessing. ...
Haha, did i say it was your posts? but maybe...
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

:shrug:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

dmbaer wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:In case anyone's not noticed, AAS's updates are cash grabs that offer next to nothing.
What - like the Chromaphone upgrade that cost all of 29 bucks and included an excellent free preset expansion? Yeah, that was a real rip off ... not! :D
Call it a .5 update with a preset pack. Calling it a full version update is insulting to guys like Urs who give updates like the v2 Chromaphone update for free.

Remember, this is the company who's response to a bad bug (non working module) in Tassman was, "Yeah. We know."

It wasn't fixed. I'd be happy if they just fixed Tassman 4.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
dmbaer wrote:
Call it a .5 update with a preset pack. Calling it a full version update is insulting to guys like Urs who give updates like the v2 Chromaphone update for free.

Remember, this is the company who's response to a bad bug (non working module) in Tassman was, "Yeah. We know."

It wasn't fixed. I'd be happy if they just fixed Tassman 4.

I'm sure that was their intention too, to insult Urs :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”