One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Soon there will be every OSC without the logo :)

z.prime wrote:Soon there will be every OSC without the logo :)
Changing logo? ..because you are not throwing in the towel I hope??
:?
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

z.prime wrote:Soon there will be every OSC without the logo :)
I don't like the sound of this ... :scared:

I want to participate with Tunestorm and combine this with the OSC
Just wondering if this is gonna clash with this rule
  • Your entry must be composed specifically for this contest
From https://archive.org/details/RiffItFiles
  • These files are for the Tunestorm 15 musical un-competition. There are two riffs that you must incorporate into a song. You can use the provided samples, or the midi version, or perform your own version using the tab, or whatever you want, just make an original song that features these two riffs somewhere somehow.

For more info on what tunestorms are see opensourcemusician.com/index.php/Tunestorm

Huge thanks to Jason Harrer for his work on recording all these different formats and coming up with the riffs!

So are you guys in favor of phasing out all synth edit synths? Who would absolutely love to see a synth edit synth come around?

Me please!!

I think Nightlife would be cool though

Or Brainstorm?

uhm ... here my understanding of English comes short :?
bjporter wrote:Who would absolutely love to see a synth edit synth come around?
what does it mean
(please tick appropriate box)
  • Yes to Synth Edit synths
  • No to Synth Edit synths
confused Dutchie is confused

rghvdberg wrote:uhm ... here my understanding of English comes short :?
what does it mean
Ek dink hy bedoel dat hulle dalk synth edit synths uit die loop van die keuses wil uithaal... ek het n gevoel dat BJ porter een van HG Synths gaan voorstel... maar Boet kom ons sien wat gaan gebeur...!!! :hihi: :hihi:

surreal wrote:
what does it mean
Ek dink hy bedoel dat hulle dalk synth edit synths uit die loop van die keuses wil uithaal... ek het n gevoel dat BJ porter een van HG Synths gaan voorstel... maar Boet kom ons sien wat gaan gebeur...!!! :hihi: :hihi:
afrikaans ?

oh my, Repro is really heavy :scared:
just trying to make a layered kick (sub, body, transient) and I got tons of xrun
I have no idea what you call that in the real world (windows/mac) but this explains it:
  • from http://alsa.opensrc.org/Xruns
    • An "xrun" can be either a buffer underrun or a buffer overrun. In both cases an audio app was either not fast enough to deliver data to the ALSA audio buffer or not fast enough to process data from the ALSA audio buffer. Usually xruns are audible as crackles or pops.
TLDR; machine can't keep up and it sounds like sh#t

bjporter wrote:Any of you interested in doing a HG Fortune month? Perhaps Anvilia (http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=587)?

A lot people have been wanting one
2 Oscillators with 128 waveforms as external sf2.
Isn't that against the rules?

How about Bassimo 2, SAMse - or an 'anything/all/only WOK' month? http://www.wokwave.com/

rghvdberg wrote:
surreal wrote:
what does it mean
afrikaans ?
:clown: Jip and you?

bjporter wrote:Any of you interested in doing a HG Fortune month? Perhaps Anvilia (http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=587)?

A lot people have been wanting one
Windows only months are a drag for us Mac users.....

bh9090 wrote:Anyone notice the latest round has some really loud tracks? I remember there used to be a requirement to post your RMS or something. Maybe we should get back to that?

Also, maybe we could consider a month where presets aren't allowed and everyone has to come up with their own sounds? It's kind of odd in a competition where sound design is a factor that people use presets and/or request them from others. I don't think a track where every sound comes from INIT should be judged equivalent to one that is just presets. Maybe a true/false if all sounds where from an INIT patch.

Just some ideas.
I love the idea of all tracks have to start with init patch! We would have to work under an "honor system" for compliance, but I think it would add a great additional challenge to the challenge. Many of us may do that already -- I use about 90% original patches (the others are usually heavily edited presets) because it's more fun, but it would be cool to have to do it that way.

Or maybe make it a requirement that if you use a preset you have to claim it in your description. This way the voters can take into account sound design. I've always felt that the OSC was unique in that we are judged on sound design, composition and production, and relying on other people's sound design work could be perceived as (kind of) cheating.

Return to “Instruments”