Question about Kontakt 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New here, thanks for having me 8)

Anyway, I've been sampling myself playing in guitar rig and throwing that in Kontakt 5 (pitching one sample up and down the keyboard) and hitting a select few super secret special chords to make it do magic tricks.

Basically, I want to play in guitar rig but have it routed through Kontakt and have whatever I'm playing routed ONLY through a pre-designated chord (which is basically just 2 or 3 different tempos/pitches of what I'm playing at the same time) within Kontakt. I'm sure that I could script this as an automated thing (which I don't know how to do) but then I would have to deal with intermittent presses and programming them (annoying). I want kontakt to basically have those 3 keys pressed down and held but only start to press them when I start playing (and have an easy way to stop the press as well). Is this kind of 'live sampling' even possible?I have 2 elec guitars, an mbox2, mic, this laptop, 1 midi 49 key, and 1 midi 88 key keyboard at my disposal. Would be incredible if I could control the keyboard press with a sustain pedal. Possible best case scenario right there. I also have a program that I haven't messed with yet that lets me 'control' my keyboard with my guitar... I think. Thanks for your time, ladies and gents :tu:

edit: extra special bonus noob question - How can I delete specific samples and instruments from Kontakt libraries to save some HD space?

Still need help here : / Figuring this out would save me many, many hours of work and experimentation. Would be like going from a car to a jet. Not just in speed but in terms of perspective as well. Anyway, I'm beginning to think that kontakt may not be able to sample and manipulate live audio coming in, as it's created (on my guitar). If it can then I just to need to grow an extra arm or two and I'm off to the races.
Thanks for taking the time to look my question over, ladies and gents :tu:

You might try posting this in the samples and sampling forum, there are probably more kontakt guys over there or maybe on the NI forums...

Kontakt doesn't have an audio input, so it cannot sample on the fly.

...your descriptions were a bit confusing, so I didn't get all of it, but for sampling (and maybe even live sampling) and midi manipulation (the chords) it seems Ableton LIve could be what you need...

Thanks for all the responses :) Very helpful. I'll probably eventually post in the sampling forum and/or try NI if I don't figure this out. Not sure at this point but Ableton might be what I need to use (I'm already running it, so that's good). Maybe I just need to figure out exactly what kontakt is doing when I mess with my samples in there in regards to midi signals and translate that to Ableton, whether automated somehow or key press activated (I could do that with me toes if need be haha).

SuperPsychMe wrote:... Ableton might be what I need to use (I'm already running it, so that's good). [...] whether automated somehow or key press activated (I could do that with me toes if need be haha).
Yes, you could do this easily with "key/midi" assignments to trigger your samples on/off, in Ableton, in addition to 'record' start/stop, {watch some Tim Exile vids on Youtube} and completely bypass using Kontakt.

Even if you just place your 'keyboard' on the floor to do it, or tie a string to your toe, and tape the other end to a key. :hihi: Much easier than working this out with Kontakt, as you describe your needs.

{tip} "footswitch(s)" are your friend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Hi:
Try Cantabile 3.0 or Usine Hollyhock 2.

You can route just about anything with either product.

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/

http://www.sensomusic.org/

Return to “Instruments”