Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
deastman wrote:So. I've just started to install Omnisphere on my laptop. How many days can I expect this process to take?
You're probably about done now, right?
Steadily at 18%.

Aryaroman wrote:
deastman wrote:So. I've just started to install Omnisphere on my laptop. How many days can I expect this process to take?
Steadily at 18%.
well, if you live to be 100 years old, you might get a year or two of use from it after its finished.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:
Steadily at 18%.
well, if you live to be 100 years old, you might get a year or two of use from it after its finished.
After that it's sitting atop a cloud, playing a harp and complaining how it has no sound manipulation capabilities, 70 GB sample library, including cinematic drones that play themselves, or sophisticated DSP oscillators.

Aryaroman wrote:
Steadily at 18%.
:hihi: :hihi:

Aryaroman wrote:
Steadily at 18%.
:hihi: :hihi:
Have finished all seasons of Game Of Thrones and travelled back to 2005 in VI Control's Sample Talk forum. So much talk about Trilogy, but also Sonic Implants orchestral libraries. Funny, thinking that they used to be so popular and now you can't get them.
Oh, wait, you can.
In a condensed and utterly useless form in an awful bundle, in an awful interface with functions documented in the manual that don't actually work. And it goes on sale every few months, at 60% or so off.

Does any store sell the upgrade as a download code (digitally delivered) instead of the physical serial card except from Spectrasonics directly?

Cimbasso wrote:Does any store sell the upgrade as a download code (digitally delivered) instead of the physical serial card except from Spectrasonics directly?
I bought it from "best service".
But at the end you always have to download it from Spectrasonics since you always just get the code to register and download it via Spectrasonics.

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I'm hoping for the new version of Stylus, but they gave a hint about something entirely new a while ago. Let's see!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote:I'm hoping for the new version of Stylus, but they gave a hint about something entirely new a while ago. Let's see!
Yes, I'm in exactly the same boat. Unlikely to be Stylus, hoping it's something totally new and wonderful. Wondering if it's hardware, actually.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Or maybe a dedicated vocal synth, especially since Spectrasonics is one of the pioneer in that area. But I'm hoping for something truly playable in the Orchestral/Strings/Ethnic/Casual direction with a modern twist, which is what I really love from the early JV modules.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Unlike other developers, they expressed that they want to keep their synth development under the one main synth product (Omnisphere), so it wouldn't be another synth. And it wouldn't be anything bass focused as that would go towards Trilian 2 and drums are all under Stylus. And yeah they have said that an updated Stylus is not their next thing so I feel like it is likely sample content focused on some areas. Would they really get into orchestral stuff? Since they would use their STEAM engine for the sample content surely, it doesn't make so much sense, since the capabilities for articulation switching and dynamic playing are nowhere near something like Kontakt. So I don't feel like it's going to be focused that way. Pianos? The last thing we need is more pianos but maybe in the Omnisphere engine it could be interesting. My guess is a new library, something like the Moog Tribute library with some theme linking a variety of sounds together.

MOAR!! edm banks for Omnisphere 2 :shrug:

Omnisphere 2.5 I presume

aMUSEd wrote:Omnisphere 2.5 I presume
They have said before that they were working on a new product before Stylus would be updated so I can't help but think it might be that new product as opposed to an Omni update. Wouldn't complain if it was though. Hopefully they finally let us see the waveform of a user loaded sample!

Return to “Instruments”