Any AAS Tasman 5 news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You are wrong again. Because all the other synths have seen updates, Tassman will follow. The most complex one is last, just as they announced.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

wagtunes wrote:
dayjob wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Michael L wrote:To be fair, they did announce an update sequence for all their synths, with Tassman last, and have done what they said they would do so far. See other threads on this topic.
One major difference. Tassman is a major project. In terms of complexity, it blows everything they've ever done out of the water. Making a Tassman 5 is not going to be anything close to an easy job, thus why it's about the last thing standing that hasn't been touched in I don't know how many years.

So just because other synths of theirs have seen updates doesn't mean Tassman is going to follow suit

obviously.. it's been 10 years right?
I've lost track and I've stopped waiting.

Others want to keep hoping, that's their business.

At least I won't be disappointed.
tassman is great sounding.. different and does stuff unique to it. or at least has its own sound. but there's tons of choices for modular environments these days and sure to be more. wo, while it'll be missed it's not as if there aren't options to achieve whatever someone is after. AAS will likely let it become forgotten software and totally miss their window of opportunity to have people even pay attention to it if they don't come out w/something soonish.. i'm guessing they have some working versions of updates or there is some builds going on but wouldn't bet even a dollar on that.

AAS has actually said the opposite-- Tassman will be upgraded last, because it is the most complex. I give them credit for sharing their roadmap, and following it so far....
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

I just got an email about summer upgrade discounts - Tassman 4 is mentioned.

Nothing about a 5. I've got 4, but its been a bit funky for me, and hasn't seen any use lately.

It seems they only have 2 choices at this point. Update Tassman or make a new synth. Everything else they have has been updated recently, so unless they plan to halt development, they don't have much choice. They could always make a piano emulation, a wind instrument emulation, a brass emulation, a bowed string emulation or a drum set emulation and personally I'd be interested in all of those. However I think all of those would be more difficult than updating Tassman, so I imagine they are working on that now. I doubt it will be out this year though, but maybe early next year.

Chandlerhimself wrote:It seems they only have 2 choices at this point. Update Tassman or make a new synth. Everything else they have has been updated recently, so unless they plan to halt development, they don't have much choice. They could always make a piano emulation, a wind instrument emulation, a brass emulation, a bowed string emulation or a drum set emulation and personally I'd be interested in all of those. However I think all of those would be more difficult than updating Tassman, so I imagine they are working on that now. I doubt it will be out this year though, but maybe early next year.
wind instrument would be totally cool.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:wind instrument would be totally cool.
Really! BTW, Modelonia is a versatile combo of interacting PM wind and string resonators.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Chandlerhimself wrote:They could always make a piano emulation, a wind instrument emulation, a brass emulation, a bowed string emulation or a drum set emulation
Or hope about something based on modeling pipes (as in pipe organ)? :pray:

I think one for wind insturments or organs could be very successful and I think they could use the same technology for both. A pipe organ is basically a bunch of flutes played together.

If they do the insturments I hope they focus on the legato for woodwinds, so people can play the instrument realistically. If they decide to do an organ insturment I hope they model pipes, reeds, and electric organs and let people control the sound via midi.

Someone mentioned that they were doing a wind modelling instrument, but hey that was about 10 years ago...so yeah, I don't know what to say...

Let's just assume nothing will happen, that way we can get a pleasant surprise if something does happen, and if it doesn't, we won't be disappointed.

I've always thought about it this way.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

dmbaer wrote:If they decide to do an organ instrument I hope they model pipes, reeds, and electric organs
Tassman factory bank has nine organ instruments, each with 10-20 patches. Try the Combo 2: two rows of four flute reed tonewheels up to 16' and add more modules.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

They have not decided yet how to find room for all Tassman goodies in a three-tab interface... :-?

P. S. Really good synth. Thank you for reminding.

pdxindy wrote:
murnau wrote:
KBSoundSmith wrote:There hasn't been for 12 years. Give up on it. Besides, you can get Reaktor 6 and have Blocks -- it is by far a more comprehensive package than Tassman.

I think AAS realized that they missed the boat on Tassman 5 years ago and have correctly avoided wasting limited development time on a complex piece of software that they don't have the staff to support. Better to make smaller, easier to develop and support software that can make more frequent sales to a larger customer base. Tassman 5 is never going to happen.
They updated their whole product range one after another without exception. Tassman as mentioned already will also been updated for sure because it's the last product didn't received any updates yet. :)
Based on the nature of the other updates, I'm not expecting much for a Tassman 5 update

The other updates have been mostly cosmetic with some relatively minor improvements. Tassman needs a whole lot of additional functionality and revamping of the basic design. Of course I would be happy to be pleasantly surprised... and I would be surprised.
^This. In case anyone's not noticed, AAS's updates are cash grabs that offer next to nothing. That said, I do like a lot of their instruments, especially Chromaphone.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
murnau wrote:
KBSoundSmith wrote:There hasn't been for 12 years. Give up on it. Besides, you can get Reaktor 6 and have Blocks -- it is by far a more comprehensive package than Tassman.

I think AAS realized that they missed the boat on Tassman 5 years ago and have correctly avoided wasting limited development time on a complex piece of software that they don't have the staff to support. Better to make smaller, easier to develop and support software that can make more frequent sales to a larger customer base. Tassman 5 is never going to happen.
They updated their whole product range one after another without exception. Tassman as mentioned already will also been updated for sure because it's the last product didn't received any updates yet. :)
Based on the nature of the other updates, I'm not expecting much for a Tassman 5 update

The other updates have been mostly cosmetic with some relatively minor improvements. Tassman needs a whole lot of additional functionality and revamping of the basic design. Of course I would be happy to be pleasantly surprised... and I would be surprised.
^This. In case anyone's not noticed, AAS's updates are cash grabs that offer next to nothing. That said, I do like a lot of their instruments, especially Chromaphone.
Thanks for the dose of reality. Anybody who thinks there is going to be a Tassman 5 that's anything more than a cosmetic update of 4, let alone a Tassman 5 at all, is delusional.

Its been 10 years people. It ain't happening.

how many people work at AAS? is there one person doing all the code or what?

Return to “Instruments”