Give us your rage moments

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

Just had a moment of rage. I was revisiting the drums on a track I made because I thought I could make a better sample selection to bring the track out more. After over an hour of carefully listening to thousands of samples I had the track banging to a sweet spot and even had a little dance around my room :hyper:

Decided there might be a better clap out there so scrolled to the next one.... unfortunately it was loads of slices which wiped out every f***ing cell in Battery 4. :x

Please share me your rage stories!

My demo was used without me.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:My demo was used without me.
I now feel better.

this is pretty much my entire life...

The day I spent hours getting Ableton Live to recognize the legacy version 8 packs in version 9, only to discover that enabling these packs corrupted every single clip, sample, and recording I had ever personally created. To this day, all that hard work remains lost and the projects that used them are broken. The names remain in the clip browser just to haunt me. :cry:

Buying a new computer, installing Komplete, and then managing to lock down the harddrive because I wanted to tinker with the HDD partitition using a free partition prog that wasn't ready for Win 8 at the time :x

RichieWitch wrote:The day I spent hours getting Ableton Live to recognize the legacy version 8 packs in version 9, only to discover that enabling these packs corrupted every single clip, sample, and recording I had ever personally created. To this day, all that hard work remains lost and the projects that used them are broken. The names remain in the clip browser just to haunt me. :cry:

:x

Rage? What, am I 15?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Rage? What, am I 15?
And Vulcan apparently.

;)

I went looking for the Track Envelopes button in REAPER once. Spent 10-15 minutes on it, only to find it half-accidentally.

I know, it's relatively lame. I'm sorry. ;_;
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

GaryG wrote:
And Vulcan apparently.

;)
:lol: :lol:

Not at all. I experience the full range of emotions just as you humans do. However, years of meditation training has left me able to acknowledge and dissipate (not suppress) the more negative states, long before they could ever manifest in rage i.e uncontrollable, violent anger.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
GaryG wrote:
And Vulcan apparently.

;)

Not at all. I experience the full range of emotions just as you humans do. However, years of meditation training has left me able to acknowledge and dissipate (not suppress) the more negative states, long before they could ever manifest in rage i.e uncontrollable, violent anger.
Something to aspire to. I think I'm mostly there with the occasional outburst, invariably at some inanimate object that isn't smart enough to realise what I need it to do. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilFzLb9D2fQ

Aw. Better.

Well I am an absolute child when it comes to technology not doing what I want/f**king me over.

I have tantrums and I almost enjoy them.

Only when computers are involved though any other aspect of life I'm an ace at taking things on the chin.

GaryG wrote:Something to aspire to.
For me, also. It's a constant practice. Long gone are the embarrassing doctor visits, trying to explain away broken hands as accidental falls :oops: , but there is still much more to do
There is an eternity between action and reaction, long enough to realise reaction is a choice. It's hard to take responsibility for every reaction, but pretty liberating when you start

Triple Dot wrote:

Well I am an absolute child when it comes to technology not doing what I want/f**king me over.

I have tantrums and I almost enjoy them.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”