RELATED
PRODUCTS
Codex Wavetable Synth

Numanoid wrote:$29 is crazy price, but I wonder if I'll leave it alone

I am not so impressed reading reviews like:

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... dex-613355

If it is like Element which is very CPU intensive ... :scared:

And I got problems getting Waves plugs to show up in FL Studio
I have to load waves plugins as vst3 and they work fine that way. Also there's a separate folder FLS loads with the waves plugs.

woodsdenis wrote:It always sounds dull (in hi frequency) to me when compared to Serum etc.
Maybe like comparing Harpsichord to Cello ;)

IMO each has its strong and weak points. They can complement each other well.

Just a little warning to anybody thinking about buying it: if it dont work even 30 dollars thrown in the dustbin is a lot of money.

No, I have not demoed, my mistake.

But after just lately installing ilock with EaseWest stuff, AIR and other stuff which tends to have problems I just could not even imagine that there could be something out theres sold for money which is such an absolutely terrrible mess :x

No license working (license manager window says its there local license window says it isnt :bang: :nutter:

Then no codex wavetable synth vst at all, just this shell-thing.

No working scan in Mulab, Tracktion, Mixcraft, I have even tried the vst 3 which I usually dont use.....

Would have given it away to anybody but just read that license transfer is 150 $, This whole thing is just something to make you :shock: :nutter: :bang:

tatanka wrote:
Then no codex wavetable synth vst at all, just this shell-thing.

No working scan in Mulab, Tracktion, Mixcraft, I have even tried the vst 3 which I usually dont use.....
I'm really sorry for that! Does it work in standalone mode?

For me it works in standalone mode (and Element as well) and in the four DAWs installed! I must be lucky :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Engee,

thanks for the examples, so one more try is left (if I ever want to get back to it) with bitwig, I have the free 8-track version installed, so that is an option IF the license ever get installed like it should. I just add the pictures for you to :lol: and :cry: with me:
local_licenses50.jpg
manage_local_licenses50.jpg
So you see, the local licenses window says: nope, no license there (apart from the true verb one) while the manage license window says: oh, fine, its there.

So: no chance to start the standalone version cause it only says: license for codex not there....this is all so :dog: :dog: :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tatanka wrote:
So: no chance to start the standalone version cause it only says: license for codex not there....this is all so :dog: :dog: :dog:
Try to send it to your usb thumb drive. I see you have one there.

I see also that your computer called 'untitled', so it might be some problem there. I remember I had a problem in the past, but I moved the license to the PC, then back to the usb, and then it worked.

Now I have all the licenses in the usb (also be sure, the licenses is in the current PC! it might be in another one! In that case, send them to the cloud, and from there, send them to your current computer).

Thanks again Engee,

will try that when I am back at home from work and see.....maybe a good idea with the usb cause all the latest sale east west stuff is on that usb drive, so it will be connected to my pc all the time anyway.

If you have other Wave plugins then make sure you update them as well. Especially if they are older than v9r29.

There has been some recent changes making older plugins incompatible with the new ones. Its all because they leverage a common codebase. If that codebase gets updated, then the older plugins wont be compatible with the new changes.

Or something along those lines.

I had to use a program (the name of which I have unfortunately forgotten) to extract the VST from the Waveshell malarkey, before I could get FL Studio to recognise it, (and then it worked perfectly), but that was over a year ago, and I know that FL Studio 12 has better VST management now than it did then (i.e. you can select multiple folders to scan). Does anybody know the name of the 'extraction' program I am talking about? I'm not at my home PC at the moment, and even if I was, I can't guarantee I could find it.

Hi ye all,

must say the support at least works (within 24 hours) and the solution they offered helped (I dont understand why and how but.....). So at least I got it licensed, got the standalone version apex running. Then in Tracktion I could scan the vst3 bundle (other vst dont work), it ended as an "effect" but could play a midi track so I dont really bother with this.

Im Mulab I found out that it is "officially not supported" (this "shell" thing), but there is a workaround which lead me to my previous speaker :) basslinemaster, I have not tried it yet but it is called shell2vst and should work.

Would like to buy to go with my new Element, but have been demoing it today, and sadly it really doesn't sound very good. Muddy and muffled.

basslinemaster wrote:I had to use a program (the name of which I have unfortunately forgotten) to extract the VST from the Waveshell malarkey, before I could get FL Studio to recognise it, (and then it worked perfectly), but that was over a year ago, and I know that FL Studio 12 has better VST management now than it did then (i.e. you can select multiple folders to scan). Does anybody know the name of the 'extraction' program I am talking about? I'm not at my home PC at the moment, and even if I was, I can't guarantee I could find it.
Are you on Windows. If so, it might be called SHELL2VST? Google that name and you'll find links to the download. You'll also find how-to articles that suggest how to make it work properly (hint: a bunch of file permissions have to be set exactly right).

I'd love to have it ... and $50 off atm!!! Just too many other toys I want more. like a Yahamama Pacifica 611 for starters!!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Tatanka...

The plugin usually resides in the Waves folder inside the Applications/Program folder. Don't move it though, the plugin itself will have issues with that.

It doesn't work alone it leverages that codebase that lives inside that "shell"

However, this is not the first time I've heard a DAW having this kind of issue. Do transfer your licence like EnGee suggested that's a crucial step. Hopefully that will sort things out.

Did you check to see whether your host is supported??

Oh yeah support kicks-ass at Waves!!

http://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/supported-hosts

simon.a.billington wrote:Tatanka...

The plugin usually resides in the Waves folder inside the Applications/Program folder. Don't move it though, the plugin itself will have issues with that.

It doesn't work alone it leverages that codebase that lives inside that "shell"

However, this is not the first time I've heard a DAW having this kind of issue. Do transfer your licence like EnGee suggested that's a crucial step. Hopefully that will sort things out.

Did you check to see whether your host is supported??

Oh yeah support kicks-ass at Waves!!

http://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/supported-hosts
I think the support has solved the problem.
Waves has a really good and friendly support. I had one issue in the past and they solved it quickly :)

Return to “Instruments”