Paraxial (ElectroProg - Seismic Remodelling)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IDK, maybe put something an octave lower in the first 3 minutes.

Thanks, so pleasant.

This is excellent Tim! Beautifully paced and a great choice of synths!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

dark water wrote:Haha, I got a bit stuck with my above edits there :oops:

It's a very nice track and I fully agree with Frantz's first paragraph.

The song really grows well from a luscious life-creating primordial soup into an energetic bright young thing!
I particularly like the evolving drum timbres and patterns.

Excellent stuff, and very relaxing too :tu:
Thanks very much for the return visit, and thanks also for the great comments :tu:

Glad you're still enjoying it :)

Hezekiel wrote:Very good ambient music. Mix was good imo and very nice sounds. You got talent.
Thanks very much for listening, and for the lavish but over-generous comments, Hezekiel. Glad you liked it :)

One thing is true. The choice of sounds was critical on here. The tune wouldn't have worked without them.

Eerily contemplative, like walking (then running ;)) through an abandoned church. I really like the orchestral textures.

markkuja wrote:Cool ... interesting composition and soundscape ...
enjoyable slowly ambiance and sounds.
Thanks very much for listening, and for the great comments, markkuja. Glad you enjoyed it :)

davidstiles wrote:I love this track. It has really interesting and unusual sounds, and it evolves in a beautifully unhurried sort of way. And I love the theremin-type sound that shows up around the 7:00 mark.
Glad you liked it, David :) The composition here wouldn't have happened without the Tassman/Reaktor sounds at the beginning. Once I had the intro, everything else flowed from there. I seem to be at a point now where I have a core set of sounds which I am comfortable using, and some of them have made a few repeat appearances over the last year. I fear it may soon be time to mix things up a little. The lead synth is Arturia's ModularV.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting :tu:

Jesse Gorter wrote:I like it as background music, but I have to say I found 10 minutes a bit too long for this track.
Still awesome produced as always!
Thanks for sticking with it, Jesse. I find it quite good to listen to very late at night, just before sleep, although that may not necessarily be a good thing :wink:

Glad you liked it :)

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:The hats are Tremor.
Aah, that explains it. I demoed Tremor and found its sounds always called attention to themselves instead of blending. I didn't get along with Tremor's sound engine which is quite distinct from a typical "analog" drum synth.
I was messing about with Tremor earlier, and I think there is plenty of scope for improvement using only Tremor's internal parameters. I'll try to sort this out soon.
Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I think it makes me feel fluffy.
You could wear bunny slippers to maximize your fluffiness. :clown:
When the missus is out, I'll give it a try :wink:

really enjoyed it, Tim. nice chill beginning then some intricate percussion into the very cool theremin lead.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

camsr wrote:IDK, maybe put something an octave lower in the first 3 minutes.
I'm going to try tweaking the percussion on here in the next few weeks. I'll take a look at the intro too.

What an amazing self plagiarism. Powerful, love it.

Unreflected wrote:Thanks, so pleasant.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Unreflected. Glad you enjoyed it :tu:

Allomerus wrote:This is excellent Tim! Beautifully paced and a great choice of synths!
Well done!
:)
Thanks very much for listening, and for your great comments, John. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I like the combination of synth sounds on here too. there was some overlap in the frequency bands, but I was able to get away with some simple EQ parameterisation due to the fairly limited soundset, helped by some panning and reverb. Time to get back to work, I think.

Return to “Music Cafe”