What happens when installing the V-Collection 5 upgrade from 4?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there

I am about to install V Collection 5 and wondering what will happen. When I installed 4, it created multiple icons on my desktop (Windows OS) and all the instrument titles are all over my VST instruments list. I sure have too many synths and have such a hard time to find what I need. When I install V5, I understand- it will keep V4 on my computer, right? So it will create twice more icons on the desktop and duplicated titles in my VST instrument list?

Thank you.

Astralv wrote:Hey there

I am about to install V Collection 5 and wondering what will happen. When I installed 4, it created multiple icons on my desktop (Windows OS) and all the instrument titles are all over my VST instruments list. I sure have too many synths and have such a hard time to find what I need. When I install V5, I understand- it will keep V4 on my computer, right? So it will create twice more icons on the desktop and duplicated titles in my VST instrument list?

Thank you.
Nothing happens with V4. They run side by side

So it will create twice as much of the icons and titles in the instrument list?

Astralv wrote:So it will create twice as much of the icons and titles in the instrument list?
hehehe...yes it will. All the instruments will have an icon. So you will get all the V4 and V5 icons. It will not create double V4 icons ofcourse, beacuse those are installed already. You will however get mini v4 and mini v5 for instance. These are all different .dll's.

During the installation, it asks you if you want to create a desktop shortcut. You can say no and avoid the icons.

And if you don't do that, just delete them later.

They're only shortcuts to the programs.

I stuff all my standalones in a folder called "Standalone"
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Return to “Instruments”