Which one is your most transparent limiter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which one is your most transparent limiter? AU or VST.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Everyone's going to suggest limitless, then ozone, then Fabfilter pro-l, then voxengo elephant. Maybe I missed one.

I did several tests a few years back and found PSP Audioware giving the cleanest response. Sonoris wasn't too shabby either.

free: loudmax
..what goes around comes around..

My limiter is completely invisible, because I don't use any.

Would have said Pro-L until a couple of weeks ago. Now, I'd also list IKM Steath as a contender in this category. Not that Pro-L has been reduced to 2nd place - it's just that they are both excellent IMO. Of course, there are many top-notch brands I have never tried, like Ozone, for example.

The new IRC mode in Ozone 7's limiter is hard to beat IMHO...

Too much latency for me

masterhiggins wrote:Everyone's going to suggest limitless, then ozone, then Fabfilter pro-l, then voxengo elephant. Maybe I missed one.
You forgot TB Barricade! Free CM version here. :wink:

The one from Goodhertz - Faraday is worth checking out too. Not a brick... and on MAC only ATM.
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

masterhiggins wrote:Everyone's going to suggest limitless, then ozone, then Fabfilter pro-l, then voxengo elephant. Maybe I missed one.
I'll suggest Pro-L (my go-to) and Ozone 7, particularly that new limiter mode. These two plugins handle nearly all of my limiting needs, from transparent to character/color. That said, I've never owned or compared Pro-L or O7 to Limitless or Elephant.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Voxengo Elephant works best in my opinion.
Expecially for aggrotech and hellectro !

TbT Maximizer. A lot of latency, but seriously great, and free. Much more transparent that Loudmax and Barricade, imo, which squish the transients too much.

Is there any consensus that Limitless runs on some kind of black magic?

I was very happy with Pro-L for years, and never thought twice about it, and so caught up with Limitless pretty recently, but so far to my ears it is in a whole other class than every other limiter Ive heard.

Im no expert, and I would have been happy with Pro-L forever, but Limitless has something extra.
ImageImageImageImage

Sonnox Limiter or Fabfilter Pro-L
my website: https://samiyounes.com
Latest releases: Attraction for Omnisphere 2 | Magma for Omnisphere 2 | Time for Soundtoys EchoBoy

my opinion DMG Limitless. I have quite a bit including Ozone 7, Fabfilter, Voxengo, Brainworx, DMG is the one I can push the most and sound transparent and clean at least for Techno. The Ozone is second for me.

Return to “Effects”