waves have actually released one knob mastering plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So is it basically compression, high shelf EQ and harmonic excitement?

MogwaiBoy wrote:So is it basically compression, high shelf EQ and harmonic excitement?
As far as I understand there is a little eq, then saturation kicks in, theres some light compression, some more heavier compression and possibly some other things I'm not aware of. However, its a lot more complex then that.

The knob works more like a macro controller. He uses processes for light work and other processes for more heavy work, and in between its like a different blend of these processes. The dial seamlessly blends these different stages in a very seamless transparent way with just the turn of a knob.

Its quite intelligent in the way it works really. This was Greg's idea. Basically he wanted a macro to simplify the processes he usually use. I'm only recalling this from the brief conversation i had and his promo vids. He seems to be a very genuine person.

So you reckon there's much more going on that just those 3 effects?

I guess the whole mystery of it is part of the allure, but I wish we knew exactly what was going on under the hood.

(edit: oops wrong thread) :hihi:

MogwaiBoy wrote:So you reckon there's much more going on that just those 3 effects?

I guess the whole mystery of it is part of the allure, but I wish we knew exactly what was going on under the hood.
There is a video Ithink on the Waves website where Greg explains it a bit better. But he doesn't actually give away the "exact" nature of his secret sauce.

There is a vid where he does a walk through and an explanation as well, might even be the same vid. You can't actually do alot that's wrong with this plugin, but you do get to hear it in action as he, himself, would use it.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I get that most people here are serious engineers with studios and doing it for a living....but what about simple singer/songwriters like me, just making youtube videos and have no idea about mixing/mastering etc...
If you look at any of my videos you'll see I'm an awful mixer, so wouldn't this plugin be alright for me? :?

Cheers
Joe
http://onlinebusker.blogspot.com.es/ (http://onlinebusker.blogspot.com.es/)

Return to “Effects”