Any AAS Tasman 5 news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Holy crap!

What just happened to the AAS forums? Where are all those wonderful presets that users spent years making?

They just ditched them? I hope not, I have tried to get onto the forums to grab the presets and the other stuff (Tassman, etc). The forums are...GONE!!!???!!!
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote:Holy crap!

What just happened to the AAS forums? Where are all those wonderful presets that users spent years making?

They just ditched them? I hope not, I have tried to get onto the forums to grab the presets and the other stuff (Tassman, etc). The forums are...GONE!!!???!!!
:o :o :o is a good sign or a bad one? :scared:

lalo wrote:What just happened to the AAS forums? Where are all those wonderful presets that users spent years making?
Email them and ask! FWIW, I asked last September if the presets for Tassman 4 will be compatible with Tassman 5, and they said "as much as possible," then described the challenges, and ended with "will do our best," so it seems they value the presets.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Expect T5 incompatibility with T4 presets, especially if the sound engine is improved.

I think every AAS synth version is incompatible with the prior version so there is a track record.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I just sent a facebook message. There is no reason to get rid of all that legacy even if T5 does happen. We are still using T4 until that time. Please AAS let us have access to the presets...

electro wrote:I think every AAS synth version is incompatible with the prior version so there is a track record.
No, actually they had excellent results with the procedure to convert the old presets to the new versions of Ultra Analog, Lounge Lizard and String Studio (Chromaphone 2 had minor changes), so their track record is good.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
electro wrote:I think every AAS synth version is incompatible with the prior version so there is a track record.
No, actually they had excellent results with the procedure to convert the old presets to the new versions of Ultra Analog, Lounge Lizard and String Studio (Chromaphone 2 had minor changes), so their track record is good.
So Tassman 4 can open Tassman 3 patches?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

what a drag.

I got a reply:

Applied Acoustics Systems:

The community site is down indefinitely for security reasons. We hope to make the Tassman 4 patches available again in the future.

This and Ultra Analog are at the same price currently. No, actually UA is a bit more expensive. Maybe they're selling it for so cheap because the update is coming soon?

AAS, overall, seems to be stumbling a bit. I can't even figure out the difference between UA2 and UA Session.

I'd so much love to see Tassman 5 but I have given up on that hope a long time ago.

To be fair, they did announce an update sequence for all their synths, with Tassman last, and have done what they said they would do so far. See other threads on this topic.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:To be fair, they did announce an update sequence for all their synths, with Tassman last, and have done what they said they would do so far. See other threads on this topic.
One major difference. Tassman is a major project. In terms of complexity, it blows everything they've ever done out of the water. Making a Tassman 5 is not going to be anything close to an easy job, thus why it's about the last thing standing that hasn't been touched in I don't know how many years.

So just because other synths of theirs have seen updates doesn't mean Tassman is going to follow suit

wagtunes wrote:
Michael L wrote:To be fair, they did announce an update sequence for all their synths, with Tassman last, and have done what they said they would do so far. See other threads on this topic.
One major difference. Tassman is a major project. In terms of complexity, it blows everything they've ever done out of the water. Making a Tassman 5 is not going to be anything close to an easy job, thus why it's about the last thing standing that hasn't been touched in I don't know how many years.

So just because other synths of theirs have seen updates doesn't mean Tassman is going to follow suit

obviously.. it's been 10 years right?

dayjob wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

obviously.. it's been 10 years right?
I've lost track and I've stopped waiting.

Others want to keep hoping, that's their business.

At least I won't be disappointed.

Return to “Instruments”