Is Cyclop Too MUCH Fun?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sugar bytes is known for all kind if randomization but here u have few options.... disappointed.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Nothing can replace Cyclop to me, it has that certain chiptune character that I adore. With all the function and fx section, it's like a superb lo-fi synth which compliment Plogue Chipsounds nicely. It simply adds character to a track with some twist.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

When a softsynth sounds just like or too much like all the others (which far too many of them do), you complain about that but all rush to buy it if it is the latest hyped item here. If the synth has a GUI that is boring as hell, you'll complain for pages about that but will still rush out to buy it if it gets hyped up here. If a synth has a learning curve that requires more than 10 minutes, you'll complain about that, too, but will all rush out to buy it if hyped here. If a synth is not a do-all, multi-purpose type, covering all bases, you'll complain for pages but still rush out to buy it if hyped. If a synth really can cover all bases and do-all, and possibly even do all incredibly well, you still find reason to complain for pages, but if it's being hyped concurrently in another thread, you'll still all rush out to buy it. If it costs $300 or 400 you'll certainly complain strongly ... until you buy and then quickly come up with some excuse for why you did. Then and thereafter, you'll jump on anyone who criticises the synth for being overpriced.

Cyclop is not my softsynth of top use. It's more like a flavour of ice cream I only choose once in a while. I don't even like computer or video games, but I'm entirely grateful it comes with one. I can't think of any others that do. The look of the synth is certainly far better than a lot of the other, more used and higher-rated VSTi. I don't do hip hop or glitch hop or EDM or anything of the sort but find many of its sounds useful in several ways. Overall, it's not really that hard to use. I didn't think it was very expensive, either.

But more than anything else ... if nothing else, Cyclop is unique. I can't think of much else I've come across in this forum or in digital music in general that can honestly claim that title: unique. Instead, I find very few exceptions to the cookie-cutter variety of products and people. Once in a great while, an exception like celemony turns up, but otherwise most synths, other products, even your music -- all copies of copies, all sounding very much the same, all pretty much boring. Be extremely grateful that something unique like Cyclop turns up once in a rare while, not that any of you deserve it, of course. You did know that, though, I'm certain.

It's too the point that one need not even read a thread like this one. The responses are the same in each softsynth thread, minor variations not even worth noting. What happens next is some goof who still lives in his mum's home, doing his 'bedroom music', at age 35 will find some clever (or even not-so-clever) way to call me some kind of childish name, deny that I'm speaking completely truthfully here, or simply deny the reality of it, perhaps curse some more, try to say something funny, or not, and try to forget what was said as quickly as possible. Next, someone will complain about the inability to user-customise the GUI or employ User Skins. Denial is a powerful thing.

Wow @MarlaPodolski. Maybe you do have 'too much fun' with Cyclop! Perhaps you two need some time apart?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Instruments”