Hey!!! Come on now, let's play a game...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alright posters, I wanna see if we can get 2 pages out of this sillyness...help me out here...

All you have to do is name the dopest delay plug to date, mid 2016, and give a short explanation...that's all!

It is surely Sigmund, right? Well, with 4 (count em') four lines, and a bunch of other stuff, well, :hihi: ...that is a delay line I'll say!!!

Or is it Relayer...oooooppps!!!!

I can only name one! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Actually it's Echoboy.

Emulation of a number of classic devices, tweakable til your heart stops.

I like me some Relayer sometimes, but Echoboy easily takes the cake.

Ah...isn't that Soundtoys? :hihi: I have never tried any of their stuff, but I know it is pricey...because of all those celeb endorsees! :lol: :D

You are wrong of course, but I totally appreciate you playing!!! Wanna try again?
Wanna try again? Wanna try again? Wanna try again?

Okay, okay, a delay joke, and ya, I might be drinking...

SIGMUND!!!

Yeah, Soundtoys, and they usually have a good deal once or twice a year where it becomes much more reasonable.

Right, well I know they had a good sale awhile back...but I guess my point is that with all the celebrity endorsements, the cost goes up, and there is also the GUI to consider.

I mentioned Sigmund not just because it is a technically superb delay, but the GUI is big, bold & beautiful!

I'm sure Echoboy rocks too.

arcdev ET-301

It has this crazy, trashy saturated lofi sound that I can't seem to find anywhere else, I totally love it. It's a great delay to play, just map Intensity and Tone to knobs and record. It models the Boss DM-100 bucket brigade delay but with some useful extras and changes. 32-bits, Synthedit and I think currently only available in a pack with all the arcdev plugins, link can be found on this forum iirc.

Reaktor 6 fills the rest of my delay needs.

- WonderEcho -

Because it has Kaleidoscopic-Wondersound and will transport you directly to Stereo-Wonderland.

It was released 1 month before Replica XT and already had all (+ more) groove funktions of Replica XT.. minus some fx and mode-options. + All groove features of Echoboy.
It comes for free.. like O2.. and german passports.
- WonderEcho -

Different delays for different needs.

My overall favorites:

ArcDev ET-301
NI Replika
Sonic Charge Echobode
Audio Damage Ratshack Reverb

BF Moogerfooger analog delay. All day, every day. I don't think any delay has the extensive capabilities of Echoboy, but it can be a pain in the butt sometimes. Imperial Delay? I'm not really a fan, but a lot of folks are. Horses for courses, etc. :hyper:
Chris H.

augustus loop , ftw ...

lunarchris1 wrote:Imperial Delay? I'm not really a fan, but a lot of folks are.
Elton John is one of 'em.

soulone82 wrote:
lunarchris1 wrote:Imperial Delay? I'm not really a fan, but a lot of folks are.
Elton John is one of 'em.
Finally understand that joke! :lol:

PS. Echoboy desert island but TkDelay for quick and clean [and rev] or Satin for tape - when I have the CPU to spare.
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

I'm trying to make FXPansion's Bloom my main delay, but I'm still in love with Nomad Factory Echoes :) and for weird rhythmic delays - RPDelay rules in my plugin folder ;)

If FabFilter doesnt get mentioned on the first page the thread is lost... ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Augustus Pablo ftw.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Return to “Effects”