Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Arturia just published a presets conversion utiity to convert presets from older plugin versions to the latest ones:
https://www.arturia.com/v-collection/re ... 1-textlink

This first scans for old presets and then converts them to the new format.
In Prophet V2 i had imported some original Sysex files fro mteh Porphet 5 and VS which did no longer seem to be possible in V3. The conversion tool also seems to have conveted those imported Sysex banks to teh new format.
Same about some presets i had created myself in the old versions of e.g. Jupiter 8V and Matrix-12V.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Arturia just published a presets conversion utiity to convert presets from older plugin versions to the latest ones:

In Prophet V2 i had imported some original Sysex files fro mteh Porphet 5 and VS which did no longer seem to be possible in V3. The conversion tool also seems to have conveted those imported Sysex banks to teh new format.
Same about some presets i had created myself in the old versions of e.g. Jupiter 8V and Matrix-12V.
Thnx for the tip!

=-=

Edit; this application won't find any presets from V4...at least in my situation

exmatproton wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Arturia just published a presets conversion utiity to convert presets from older plugin versions to the latest ones:

Thnx for the tip!

=-=

Edit; this application won't find any presets from V4...at least in my situation
Did you create your own patches and it does not find them? This only seems to search for user/custom patches.
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
exmatproton wrote:

Thnx for the tip!

=-=

Did you create your own patches and it does not find them? This only seems to search for user/custom patches.

Well, i just a got an email where it states "presets". I thought all presets should get converted. My own patches aren't found as well..... :dog:

Thanks to Arthus & Blanchet for 20 free patches for Analog Lab 2 :)

https://www.arturia.com/analoglab/resources

And there is freebies for Spark 2 as well

https://www.arturia.com/products/spark2
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exmatproton wrote: Well, i just a got an email where it states "presets". I thought all presets should get converted. My own patches aren't found as well..... :dog:
But the factory presets are alraedy included with the new versions.

For me it worked to import my own patches from Jupiter 8V, Prophet V and Matrix-12V to the latest versions in V-collection 5.

For those i had both the old (VC 4) and the latest versions (VC 5) of the plugins installed that could be used both at the same time.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
exmatproton wrote: Well, i just a got an email where it states "presets". I thought all presets should get converted. My own patches aren't found as well..... :dog:
But the factory presets are alraedy included with the new versions.

For me it worked to import my own patches from Jupiter 8V, Prophet V and Matrix-12V to the latest versions in V-collection 5.

For those i had both the old (VC 4) and the latest versions (VC 5) of the plugins installed
Yep...never mind. It worked indeed. I had my old presets on a back-up hdd. :)
Everything is dandy :tu:

(re: Polyphonic Aftertouch, contd.)..
Same with Arp 2600 (works in v2, not in v3 :( ),
I was wrong about the Matrix-12 and the Solina, however.. no polyphonic aftertouch in V1 either.
But is still works in CS80 v3, SEM-v2 and (surprisingly?) Jup-v3, so there's hope it is just a bug in the others ;).

Btw, this of course only works anyways, if the instrument itself can also respond to channel aftertouch (which isn't available via MIDI Learn), e.g. from the instrument's modulation matrix, so that rules out the Pianos and Organs, etc.

EDIT: I've just posted a support request at Arturia.com (let's see what they have to say ;) )
(While there, I also asked them to add polyphonic aftertouch to Matrix-12v2 and Solina v2, seeing as how they respond to channel aftertouch anyways ;) )
Last edited by vic_france on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Thanks for the heads up ;).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

So.... about sound updated for other synths besides Mini-V.. Like unison for SEM-V, or duophony for ARP-2600... Anything planed?

vic_france wrote:(re: Polyphonic Aftertouch, contd.)..
I was wrong about the Matrix-12 and the Solina, however.. no polyphonic aftertouch in V1 either.
But is still works in CS80 v3, SEM-v2 and (surprisingly?) Jup-v3, so there's hope it is just a bug in the others ;).

Btw, this of course only works anyways, if the instrument itself can also respond to channel aftertouch (which isn't available via MIDI Learn), e.g. from the instrument's modulation matrix, so that rules out the Pianos and Organs, etc.

EDIT: I've just posted a support request at Arturia.com (let's see what they have to say ;) )
(While there, I also asked them to add polyphonic aftertouch to Matrix-12v2 and Solina v2, seeing as how they respond to channel aftertouch anyways ;) )
Thanks for reporting it. We will add it to our backlog. We are currently working on the definition for the next update which should come hopefully during the summer.

waltercruz wrote:So.... about sound updated for other synths besides Mini-V.. Like unison for SEM-V, or duophony for ARP-2600... Anything planed?
This is of course something we are considering regarding the good feedback we got from the Mini V filter update. And what I can tell you is that there are good chances that it will be done. However I cannot tell you when. I'll keep you updated once I will know more about that.

Kevin

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
vic_france wrote:(re: Polyphonic Aftertouch, contd.)..

Thanks for reporting it. We will add it to our backlog. We are currently working on the definition for the next update which should come hopefully during the summer.
Thanks for the head up. I have been asking for Poly AT for the Matrix (V1) for ages on the Arturia forum. It would be great if it could be added as a modulation source (or make the current one to react both to channel AT and Poly AT).

Also fixing it in the Modular, ARP etc would be great. Instruments with such modulation capabilities can be so expressive when using a Poly AT keyboard. It really adds a lot.

Cheers,
Martin

Works perfect! Thanks Arturia! Confirmed, I was also able to convert my old sysex factory banks from an original Prophet 5 using this new converter. Slick stuff!! 8)
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

And, hopefully a Prophet VS work-over, so that its sound character can be brought closer to the sonically unique hardware!

There's a, partly quite technical, thread at GS about the Prophet VS that might serve as inspiration:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... -post.html

Hope for the best!

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”