LoopRecorder (what's next?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LoopRecorder

Hi everybody, we're going to be releasing soon - officially - a new plugin: http://www.4drx.com/plugins/looprecorder (download here)

We're trying to fill a void for those looking for a plugin to quickly record loops from your DAW for later use in NI Tracktor, Novation LaunchPad, Ableton Live or your live looper of choice.

Any feelings about it?

There will be Windows and Mac VST and AU versions but we are only pre-screeening the Windows version now.

Now, to motivate you a bit, we'd like to give away 5 licenses for the first 5 of you to report bugs nicely so we can reproduce and fix them here.

To report a bug, please send us a private message (PM) with the details and reply to this post telling us you did.

No bugs? :hihi: We will award the 5 licenses to the first 5 replies!

Enjoy!
Last edited by 4drX on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Reply :D

I'm kinda curious about, where do I need this? What this does so differently that I should forget exporting the loop I want?

It just speeds things up. You don't have to set the start and end export markers, just move your cursor to the part you want to export and press play. You can place the plugin where you want: record some instruments only or parts before the effects without having to enable and disable things. It also saves your bpm in your filename or you can add a tag with a mouse click so you can remember later.

Count the number of clicks you would do and the pop ups shown to bounce a loop with or without this plugin and you will (hopefully) get the point 8).
Last edited by 4drX on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So if I want to demo it I have to have the ads with their associated risks?

I'm not sure about what you mean about "their associated risks". If your question is "do I have to bravely endure an animated banner (promoting no other thing but the plugin itself)?", the answer is yes.

4drX wrote:It just speeds things up. You don't have to set the start and end export markers, just move your cursor to the part you want to export and press play. You can place the plugin where you want: record some instruments only or parts before the effects without having to enable and disable things. It also saves your bpm in your filename or you can add a tag with a mouse click so you can remember later.

Count the number of clicks you would do and the pop ups shown to bounce a loop with or without this plugin and you will (hopefully) get the point 8).
Well, in Reaper I just select the clip I want to export and hit export and ok :P Ofc I have to select (from export options once) that export selected file.

Hello,
is it also possible to play the loops along with the daw?
Looking for such an AU plugin since times for to use with Numerology.
best
jue
Located in the European Outback

4drX wrote:If your question is "do I have to bravely endure an animated banner (promoting no other thing but the plugin itself)?", the answer is yes.
Does it work on non-internet connected systems?

thecontrolcentre wrote:
4drX wrote:If your question is "do I have to bravely endure an animated banner (promoting no other thing but the plugin itself)?", the answer is yes.
If you buy it (7€ now) or get a free license after reporting one bug (only 1 has been reported so far), then you can use it add-free in non-internet connected systems.
Last edited by 4drX on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lejurai wrote:
4drX wrote:It just speeds things up. You don't have to set the start and end export markers, just move your cursor to the part you want to export and press play. You can place the plugin where you want: record some instruments only or parts before the effects without having to enable and disable things. It also saves your bpm in your filename or you can add a tag with a mouse click so you can remember later.

Well, in Reaper I just select the clip I want to export and hit export and ok :P Ofc I have to select (from export options once) that export selected file.
Sure, but you can't add anything to the loop live (tweak a few effects knobs or add a key riff) and with this plugin you can. You could still record midi and automation and then export, but if you're moving a knob which is not automatable, only LoopRecorder can come to rescue you.
Last edited by 4drX on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jue wrote:Hello,
is it also possible to play the loops along with the daw?
Looking for such an AU plugin since times for to use with Numerology.
best
jue
Unfortunately not, but we take note of it for future versions. Thanks!

4drX wrote:
Lejurai wrote:

Sure, but you can't add anything to the loop live (tweak a few effects knobs or add a key riff) and with this plugin you can. You could still record midi and automation and then export, but if you're moving a knob which is not automatable, only LoopRecorder can come to rescue you.
Aaaaaaa true. I'll give it a spin :tu:

Btw does this have overdub? Would be nice tool for creating fx shots if I one could add layer over layer over layer over...
And drag on drop maybe? After I've finished recording, would be nice workflow thingy to just drag finished loop to DAW.

Lejurai wrote:Btw does this have overdub? Would be nice tool for creating fx shots if I one could add layer over layer over layer over...
+1
Lejurai wrote:And drag on drop maybe? After I've finished recording, would be nice workflow thingy to just drag finished loop to DAW.
+10 :love:

4drX wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
If you buy it (7€ now) or get a free license after reporting one bug (only 1 has been reported so far), then you can use it add-free in non-internet connected systems.
Thanks, but does that mean I would have to buy it, in order to try it on my non-internet connected DAW?

Return to “Effects”