Arturia 4 to 5 V Collection update deadline

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only updating my existing V4-plugins would cost me 99 dollars. So I would pay 99 dollars for re-sizable plugins + some browser updates? Hell no I´m getting that deal.

Ryan99 wrote: ... When V4 was released, I received a time-limited offer to upgrade from V3 to V4 for 199$. A couple of months later, I received another offer to upgrade for 70$ I think, or a similar price.
Helpful information, thanks.

Well - I just ordered the boxed 4 version.
We'll see if it gets here on time, and what the terms are when I get set up with the site.

If it's too late, I'll upgrade later because I want the Synclavier V.
This way, I should also have Spark.

I am going to sit tight as well.

Nothing like watching them prod me with a better deal later when they realize I haven't moved on anything yet.

VP

Wow - it came already. Delivery guy just came to the door. I haven't loaded anything yet, but I'm impressed just by the packaging.

Printed manuals - Yay! Good bathroom reading material - ha ha. I hate reading manuals on a screen.
It's got a card similar to a credit card that has the serial # and the unlock code. All the programs are loaded on a usb stick that looks like frosted glass with the Arturia logo embossed inside - very nice.

I've been playing with the demos a bit, so I think all I have to do is enter the numbers when I load them up.
The demos really allowed me to get sold on the program. Nice that they don't have annoying silences or noise bursts or anything.
20 minutes is good too - just enough time to get you really hooked into something and want to keep going on it.

The Matrix 12V, Mini V and SEM V are the ones I wanted most, but the others I've tried are great too.

I think rather than get too hyped up with trying to meet a deadline, I'll load the V Collection 4 up, register them, and get to know them really good before I worry about updating stuff.
I know for sure that updating to 5 will get done at some point because I also really want the new Synclavier V.
So glad Arturia made these emuations.

I bought it purely for the benefit of my sight :D. Joking aside really like the new interfaces and the browser.

boombaxx wrote:I bought it purely for the benefit of my sight :D. Joking aside really like the new interfaces and the browser.
I won't get to use those (except for the demos), until I upgrade to 5.
I bought the V Collection 4.

felis wrote:
rrichard63 wrote: I can't find any indication that there will continue to be any upgrade path after June 30, for some amount greater than US $199 (but less than full price). As someone who can't afford to upgrade now but wants to eventually, that's scary.

It seems highly unlikely that they would say, no you can't upgrade anymore - you had your chance - ha ha.

It would be a real bonehead move that would lose them a lot of customers. I'm sure you'll be fine.
I agree, but this is exactly what Toontrack did with EZDrummer 1 to EZDrummer 2 upgrade. There is no longer a discounted price to upgrade :(.

Too many good deals at the same time :( Why can't people and companies spread it out over time a little bit :P ..so I have to pass on this one even though I might regret it.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Oops - ran into a snag.
The ASC program doesn't work on one of my computers, even though all the synths work.
I'm going to have to contact them - wish me luck - ha ha.

Decision Day Advice - Last day for coupon...

I do not own any Arturia V Collections or Synths (except free Mini they issues a few years ago). I do own a few iPad Apps and a Microbrute.

I think I'm sold on the idea of getting V Collection 4 for the $99 offer that expires today....partially because I don't see how I could even consume V Collection V in one go. Partially because V Collection 5 doesn't seem to be $200 better. Unfortunately it does not appear that Spark is currently included in the 'revised' V4.

Wonder if anyone else has done the same thing - just V4 - or if you just went all the way to V5, are you happy with that decision?

Clock is ticking..

I jumped on the offer because I wanted the Synclavier and Farfisa. I wasn't so impressed with the piano and B3 but with any luck, they'll improve those two over time.

The $199 upgrade coupon is still sitting in my user area on the Arturia website. I just started the purchase in motion and the discount appears to still be available. (I haven't pulled the trigger yet.) So it looks like the offer is still valid and the July 1 "deadline" wasn't a hard one.

Got my snag sorted out. Everything is up and running.
So much good stuff to explore.

billw wrote:I jumped on the offer because I wanted the Synclavier and Farfisa. I wasn't so impressed with the piano and B3 but with any luck, they'll improve those two over time.
The Synclavier and Farfisa made the Rhodes, piano and B3 unnecessary for a V5. They would have been better off perfecting and releasing only one of these three and the other two under Collection V6 in a much more mature and competitive state.
imprint wrote:I think I'm sold on the idea of getting V Collection 4 for the $99 offer that expires today....partially because I don't see how I could even consume V Collection V in one go. Partially because V Collection 5 doesn't seem to be $200 better. Unfortunately it does not appear that Spark is currently included in the 'revised' V4.
V5 is all about Synclavier V which I think is worth the asking price seeing its the actual source code of the original synth from the original developer. A very smart move from Arturia who is steadily strengthening their V Collection. To compare with NI, there hasn't been a must have Komplete upgrade since Komplete 9 introduced Monark. I don't see how you can not want a $200 perfect ITB Synclavier, but what I don't see is the need for is some deadline which seems like they're trying to rush customers.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”