Boz Imperial Delay updated to 1.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neon Breath wrote:
murnau wrote:I hear you but nowdays a delay plugin for a price of $299 is by definition an insult for many. Just sayin'..
Not for Elton John though.

I was just looking if someone will say this...LOL :D :clap:
Whenever is something about BOZ Imperial Delay there was always name Elton John, but forgot what was the famous sentence? :?:

:hihi:

The Elton comment is by boz in this post: viewtopic.php?p=5922365#p5922365

jsp1979 wrote:The Elton comment is by boz in this post: viewtopic.php?p=5922365#p5922365
Thank you sir... I have been wondering about the Elton ref in the audio world for some time now. Mystery solved! :party:

Back to your scheduled programming.
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

Neon Breath wrote:
murnau wrote:I hear you but nowdays a delay plugin for a price of $299 is by definition an insult for many. Just sayin'..
Not for Elton John though.
yeah, but what about MeatLoaf?
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

jsp1979 wrote:The Elton comment is by boz in this post: viewtopic.php?p=5922365#p5922365
LOL, this guy is completely deluded. Worst marketer ever. Given the kind of guy he is, I'll assume it's a completely invented endorsement.

I saw the thread on this delay plugin on Gearslutz and his commercial strategy is completely ruined by his pricing "model". Not that he is the only one to do this. Waves is a prime example of it. But he doesn't have the longstanding reputation of Waves and yet he pushed the ridiculous pricing to the extreme, so it inevitably attracted comments.
The threads on this product on KVR and Gearslutz are all about the pricing and not the product. The price keeps changing all the time. It's now at $127 with a sale on PluginBoutique at €60, probably the only real price. Had he priced it at $127 from the beginning, even if still overpriced compared to most delay plugins (and articularly when there is something like D16 Sigmund at €39), it wouldn't have been such a disaster.
Using the marketing tactics of dodgy second hand car sellers and staying mute in his fortress afterwards isn't how you gain the confidence of prospective buyers.

lolilol1975 wrote: Given the kind of guy he is, I'll assume it's a completely invented endorsement.

It's not - it's no endorsement at all - it was a made up example in order to make a point - if you think it was anywhere near meaning to be an endorsement then you need to learn to read a lot better.
He even used Waves as an example in order to make sure people don't misunderstand it like that.

It was still an entirely silly argument of course, just not at all in the way you understood it.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

LOL, ok. Whatever. I won't buy from this car seller anyway, given there are companies that are far more trustworthy around.

Return to “Effects”