Arturia 4 to 5 V Collection update deadline

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Simple question, but I looked for it on the site, and can't locate it.

If you have the V Collection 4, how long do you have to update it to 5 for $199?

From KVR special offer e-mail:
The Arturia V Collection 5 with its 17 legendary keyboard recreations and 5000+ sounds enters on scene. Until June 30th 2016, take advantage of the introductory offers for both new and existing customers and discover the outstanding potential of the synthesizers, pianos, organs and string machines that made music history.

At the top of this page it is mentioned that it should end at June 30th which would be Thursday next week:
https://www.arturia.com/support/vc5offe ... 0wodUmcA3Q

Did you check in your account concerning a coupon?
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Complicated. I don't actually have it yet - just a Keylab board. I've heard that a few things are missing in 5 that were in 4.

I was thinking of getting 4 and then doing the upgrade right away, so that I'd have both. Maybe I dawdled around a bit too long.
It will be a close call because I'd like to get the boxed set instead of a download.
I'm just old fashioned that way.

Spark 2 is missing in V5 but if you upgraded from v4 to v5 you got both licenses and also keep Spark 2 that way. At least it works that way for me and AFAIK also for some others that posted at KVR.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

They took out the Spark? I have 4, so it means I will get to keep it, no updates? And the only 2 things new are piano and organ, right?

The amazing Synclavier V is new too.
Also:
Farfisa V
B-3
Stage-73 V
Piano V

I really like the farfisa, i was surprised by this.

Piano is just obliterated by pianoteq imo sound wise, B3 is ok ish, Stage 73 ok, Synclavier might be an accurate emu but it's certainly not a sound i like at all..

I'm just going to spend 99 to upgrade the ones i already have to V5. Having time limited offers on upgrades to bug fixes which should have been free is kind of scary, but since they crash all the time yet analog lab 2 doesn't, i assume they have fixed bugs in the new ones so it will be begrudgingly paid here. Of course i only have 4 more days to do it.

Astralv wrote:They took out the Spark? I have 4, so it means I will get to keep it, no updates? And the only 2 things new are piano and organ, right?
If you upgrade from v4 to v5 you could also keep the license for Spark 2 (and for all other v5 plugins) and AFAIK there should be updates until Spark 3 is released. The latest update is Spark v2.3.0 tat seemed to be released in the end of May. which was after V-Colletcion 5 was released.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Astralv wrote:They took out the Spark? I have 4, so it means I will get to keep it, no updates? And the only 2 things new are piano and organ, right?
There are the new plugins others have mentioned already (to me, Synclavier V is the best out of that new bunch) but then you also get the updated/re-sizable displays which is really cool.

Astralv wrote:From KVR special offer e-mail: ... Until June 30th 2016, take advantage of the introductory offers for both new and existing customers ...
I can't find any indication that there will continue to be any upgrade path after June 30, for some amount greater than US $199 (but less than full price). As someone who can't afford to upgrade now but wants to eventually, that's scary.

Ingonator wrote:
If you upgrade from v4 to v5 you could also keep the license for Spark 2 (and for all other v5 plugins) and AFAIK there should be updates until Spark 3 is released. The latest update is Spark v2.3.0 tat seemed to be released in the end of May. which was after V-Colletcion 5 was released.
Spark3? Hmmm, not released with V5. So i guess (considering the past upgarde paths from Arturia) the Spark 2 owners will have to pay to upgrade as well for Spark3........ :neutral:

rrichard63 wrote: I can't find any indication that there will continue to be any upgrade path after June 30, for some amount greater than US $199 (but less than full price). As someone who can't afford to upgrade now but wants to eventually, that's scary.

It seems highly unlikely that they would say, no you can't upgrade anymore - you had your chance - ha ha.

It would be a real bonehead move that would lose them a lot of customers. I'm sure you'll be fine.

felis wrote:
rrichard63 wrote: I can't find any indication that there will continue to be any upgrade path after June 30, for some amount greater than US $199 (but less than full price). As someone who can't afford to upgrade now but wants to eventually, that's scary.

It seems highly unlikely that they would say, no you can't upgrade anymore - you had your chance - ha ha.

It would be a real bonehead move that would lose them a lot of customers. I'm sure you'll be fine.
When V4 was released, I received a time-limited offer to upgrade from V3 to V4 for 199$. A couple of months later, I received another offer to upgrade for 70$ I think, or a similar price.

So don't worry, there will be some offer in the future. I'm still in V3 and in no hurry.

Those "time-limited offers" are mostly a marketing ploy to generate a lot of sales initially.

I have V4 and am content with that, so I've decided to do nothing for now, no update or upgrade.

Return to “Instruments”