The "new" AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looking at The new AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete. I think I have AIEP2. I would like to have the effects (which are available at $75 as well). But if I wanted to pay for upgrade to 3 at $112, what does it actually upgrade? The instruments did not change. Few Hybrid expansions are nice, but still- why do they call it "AIEP3"? I see nothing "3" about it.

And then they have the same upgrade price for users who own previous versions of the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack SELECT or a single AIR Music Technology instrument. To me- there is a difference between all pack and just one instrument.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... 3-COMPLETE

Would you just get effects at $75 or the whole upgrade (which does not offer much other than piano, organ and 6 expansions) at $112? (Actually it sounds good when you put it all in one sentence). But this is also last week for Arturia V4 to V5 upgrade and they want $200 for their upgrade which would only include extra piano and organ plus some minor interface improvements (which should be free). Thank you.

Hey! I have sent the same question to air twice without getting an answer. If they would adjust the upgrade price for us who owns the previuos aiep then maybe i would push that buy button but as it is now it is not worth it.

On the other hand if you only own one instrument, or buy perhaps the riser for €30 and then upgrade to the complete Bundle for €122, it is a no brainer...

so I had the same choice you did, and I bought the Arturia upgrade. but I'll prolly grab the Air one as well at some point. I think you might be underselling both packs to be honest: If you have instrument pack 2 you get: riser, pianos, b3, the effects and xpand (which I bought seperately before, but only the mac version, and I'm doing mostly PC now) add to that the expansions, and if you didn't want them, you could just grab the "select" pack (oh, that doesn't come with xpand, nm) and save 20 bucks.

With arturia, you get 2 organs, the pianos, the rhodes, and the synclavier which is pretty awesome. the ui's have been updated, most of the presets are different/better, the Mini is much better and has a new filter. if it was 150 bucks as well it would be a no brainer, but I bought it at 200 and don't regret it. ymmv

If you have instrument pack 2 you get: riser, pianos, b3, the effects and xpand (which I bought seperately before, but only the mac version, and I'm doing mostly PC now)
But I already have Riser and Expand- don't remember how or when I bought it- I think it was some Christmas sale with 50% off. I just don't see how I should pay the same price as somebody who has nothing and just buys one instrument such as Riser at the sale price at $30. There should be upgrade option for us who already have all synths. I would like the effects pack and expansions. Yes, it is available at 75$ and full package at $112, but I don't like bein treated unfair and it is unfair. We already had to get over the fact that right after we bough all their software, they turned around and started giving it away for free with their keyboard controller. Now they want even more of our money for what they gave for free to other users.

so don't get it then. This is just a new customer promo sort of thing. there's no sense in getting mad about it, these guys have sales, wait them out. when I bought the pack originally, I bought transfuser at a sale price AND the upgrade to the full instrument pack at well below the usual price. I got my deal when I bought it, and I'll probably wait until they are blowing out the new pack to upgrade. the people who are buying cheap now, will just get on the hook for the next upgrade in a year or two, and they'll be on here bitching about the upgrade too. hell, sell your current pack on the marketplace and then buy it back with the riser deal if that's a better option.

Personally I'm not sure why I even want the new stuff, I have better pianos, organs, and FX already, and I have NI's rise and hit. (I miss xpand, but if I really want to, I could just buy it again for the PC for fiddy bucks). like most other things, if you keep your eyes open, and pounce when you get a break, there's always a way to pay less.

I am ok with the new customers promo thing. It just that there should be old customers promo price. I want to buy the effects and expansions, but it is not fair to expect us to pay the same price as others who buy included instruments. There is a price for just effects and price for just expansions and it still near the same price as whole package. The question is- would it be the right thing to do to buy it any way, disregarding the ethical side of it? The effects look good and included in ProTools, but are they good?

Astralv wrote:I am ok with the new customers promo thing. It just that there should be old customers promo price. I want to buy the effects and expansions, but it is not fair to expect us to pay the same price as others who buy included instruments. There is a price for just effects and price for just expansions and it still near the same price as whole package. The question is- would it be the right thing to do to buy it any way, disregarding the ethical side of it? The effects look good and included in ProTools, but are they good?

the effects are OK, nothing special to me. I felt the whole bundle was worth it for me even though I previously bought the xpand 2 which included a lot of stuff to begin with. They really do have good prices for all their stuff.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

The fx look like fx, I imagine they are good, perhaps excellent, and if you use a daw that is light on included fx, its probably a good purchase. Is there anything really earth shattering in there? Probably not worth the 75 by itself to me. Throw in the other stuff and I'm interested, though as we have covered, i have so far chosen to spend my 150 elsewhere (recently: arturia upgrade, reason upgrade, u-he ace secondhand).

When I read the title of this thread I was jumpin' with joy. Sadly was disappointed. You're right nothing '3' about it except Hybrid.
Was hoping for a transfuser3 given its predecessor doesn't work it big vst sessions and they dont seem too interested in fixing it.

ShawnG wrote:The fx look like fx, I imagine they are good, perhaps excellent, and if you use a daw that is light on included fx, its probably a good purchase. Is there anything really earth shattering in there? Probably not worth the 75 by itself to me. Throw in the other stuff and I'm interested, though as we have covered, i have so far chosen to spend my 150 elsewhere (recently: arturia upgrade, reason upgrade, u-he ace secondhand).
The fx are just stock pro tools fx, no different from any other of its kind.

I remember when you could buy the expansion pack for 200 or something, now its $500. Holy shit! :o
So they've added a bunch or generic fx and synth presets from protools, thrown in some Hybrid presets and bump up the price??

"Internet access is required for download and authorisation"
Did they finally drop ilok? Or is this the soft-ilok?

TheKid wrote:"Internet access is required for download and authorisation"
Did they finally drop ilok? Or is this the soft-ilok?

I actually hope they don't drop it. I MUCH prefer ilok over challenge response.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”