ValhallaSpaceModulator Released – Free (after survey) for existing Valhalla DSP customers!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@ Sean - valhallasound:

If I may suggest: would add the overviews of Ubermod and Valhalla Shimmer by Ayin Zahev Design to the pages of your site, just like you added Simon's experiments with VintageVerb. The overviews are really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlJiGNfJV8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARG536f3FI
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ATS wrote:"Gaslighting or gas-lighting is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity."
:lol: OT ALERT: I just had to make this my signature. :lol:
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Mr Valhalla :D

Thanks so much for the FREE plugin, haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I will later today. I have all your plugs, they are really excellent, so I don't doubt this one will be also, I would have been happy to pay for it, but hey, thanks. For the prices you charge, $50, your plugs represent awesome value and are well worth every cent (and much more)
Say NO to CLAP!

Since people have asked, I didn't intentionally base the SpaceModulator GUI on the Boss Micro Rack series. They are, however, way cool looking.

robindrieghe wrote:as i bought room in the marketplace i am now having a look to buy shimmer or vvv.
"sean" has he right to give what he wants to who he wants.
if u want it then buy a product so u have 2 for 50$.
if u dont then move on,loads of flangers to be found.
edit : bought shimmer.
Shimmer's great - I was going to suggest giving a look at Plate too. But Shimmer will give you a lot different stuff than room, so nice decision.

Enjoy!

valhallasound wrote:Boss Micro Rack series
I briefly had the RSD-10 sampler. It would let me record a sound, overdub it, and play it back using my analog synth. Monophonic and no way to store the sound, so I only used it on a couple of songs before upgrading to a Korg DSS-1 “surfboard” sampler/analog synth.
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

ErikH wrote:@ comfortablynick:

You downloaded Simon's presets?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=45

If you're on mac, he describes where to install them.
I you're on Windows (7) , go to C / ProgramData / Valhalla DSP, LLC / ValhallaSpaceModulator / Presets

and add the Simon Stockhausen folder to the Designer folder (same level as Don Gunn)
Yes, I did save his presets. Very cool of him to post those.

I was just trying to get the thread back around to the plugin. Even though this plugin is free, we still have the ability to copy/paste presets for easy sharing on the forum.

:D

chk071 wrote:
caulixtla wrote: VVV for $40 + ÜberMod for $50 + ValhallaSpaceModulator for free = $90

Exponential R2 & Excaliber: $429
What if l ike R2 and Excaliber better? What if those are considered as "sounding better" by the majority of people, hence sell for a bigger price?
Let me make something clear: I do not think Michael Carnes (Exponential Audio) is overcharging for his products. He makes some world class reverbs, he charges what a world class reverb costs (actually, he undercharges compared to what we were paying in the 1980s or 1990s for a good reverb).

That said, Valhalla also makes world class reverbs; it’s in the same league or sounds better than Exponential reverbs, the Lexicon PCM reverbs, or the very expensive Lexicons from the 1980s or 1990s. That’s not just my opinion; that’s the opinion people have when doing blind comparisons:
The fact that Sean is making world class reverbs available for $50 is amazing. Don’t let the price fool you: They sound better than my old Lexicon PCM90 which cost me a four figure sum. Indeed, once my PCM90 started having problems, I replaced it with a computer in my hardware-only recording studio which runs only one plugin: VVV, which is connected to the reverb send on my desk. Sounds better, is cheaper (old computer: $100. VVV: $50. Interface 2i2 on sale new for $100. Total investment: $250. Used PCM90, or new Big Sky/Eventide Space/OTO Bam: $500), and lets me dip my toe in to the world of computer audio.

Back to ValhallaSpaceModulator, it can do some nice ambient washes, but it can also do tweaky sounds like the drums in “Numbers” by Kraftwerk. It continues Sean’s tradition of having fewer knobs on every new plugin he makes (Über has over 20 knobs, VVV 15, Plate 12, and now he’s down to five knobs), but there’s a lot of very different sounds that can come out of it. I think it’s a nice freebie, and considering that his plugins are world class and cost less used than most other world class plugins cost new, I think it’s fair he’s asking people to buy a new plugin to get this bonus freebie.
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

valhallasound wrote:Since people have asked, I didn't intentionally base the SpaceModulator GUI on the Boss Micro Rack series. They are, however, way cool looking.

They do look cool. I have the compressor/limiter. Am looking for the delay unit.

caulixtla wrote:
chk071 wrote:
caulixtla wrote: VVV for $40 + ÜberMod for $50 + ValhallaSpaceModulator for free = $90

Exponential R2 & Excaliber: $429
What if l ike R2 and Excaliber better? What if those are considered as "sounding better" by the majority of people, hence sell for a bigger price?
Let me make something clear: I do not think Michael Carnes (Exponential Audio) is overcharging for his products. He makes some world class reverbs, he charges what a world class reverb costs (actually, he undercharges compared to what we were paying in the 1980s or 1990s for a good reverb).

That said, Valhalla also makes world class reverbs; it’s in the same league or sounds better than Exponential reverbs, the Lexicon PCM reverbs, or the very expensive Lexicons from the 1980s or 1990s. That’s not just my opinion; that’s the opinion people have when doing blind comparisons:
The fact that Sean is making world class reverbs available for $50 is amazing. Don’t let the price fool you: They sound better than my old Lexicon PCM90 which cost me a four figure sum. Indeed, once my PCM90 started having problems, I replaced it with a computer in my hardware-only recording studio which runs only one plugin: VVV, which is connected to the reverb send on my desk. Sounds better, is cheaper (old computer: $100. VVV: $50. Interface 2i2 on sale new for $100. Total investment: $250. Used PCM90, or new Big Sky/Eventide Space/OTO Bam: $500), and lets me dip my toe in to the world of computer audio.
You seem to want to justifiy the price, or the quality of the plugins by using subjective definitions like "sounding better", and then name stuff i might not even aim for, sounding like that. See, my justification for shelling out money for something is that it's worth buying it for the price for me. And that's basically the whole point of this argument. Whether it is worth it for you or not. I used to own Vintage Verb, never got warm with its sound, so i sold it. And bought Room, because i demo'd it before, and liked it for its cleanness. But it only works for specific material for me, the Eventide verbs work much better for me on most stuff i throw at them. Simply because i prefer that character.

It's actually a point which has already been brought up a lot of times with synth plugins here too. For some, it seems to be totally samey, which synth they choose. "This synth vs. that synth", as if they sounded anything like it. And then prices and features are compared. I don't get that at all. I can't replicate a specific sound with another synth in the same quality, if i found out that one synth is especially good at that kind of sound. Or just with a lot of work, and effort. And even then, it most likey won't be the same. Same with a reverb. Or even more so, because it's very difficult to tweak a reverb to sound the way you'd like it to sound.

Jesus H Christ on a bike with a twirling lawnmower, will all the OT wallies please stop discussing prices and all the other irrelevant bullshit, and take it to PM, puhleeeze......

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Jesus H Christ on a bike with a twirling lawnmower, will all the OT wallies please stop discussing prices and all the other irrelevant bullshit, and take it to PM, puhleeeze......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PIckHrZ0o

Sorry! Couldn't resist :D :D

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Jesus H Christ on a bike with a twirling lawnmower, will all the OT wallies please stop discussing prices and all the other irrelevant bullshit, and take it to PM, puhleeeze......
+1
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

comfortablynick wrote:
ErikH wrote:@ comfortablynick:

You downloaded Simon's presets?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=45

If you're on mac, he describes where to install them.
I you're on Windows (7) , go to C / ProgramData / Valhalla DSP, LLC / ValhallaSpaceModulator / Presets

and add the Simon Stockhausen folder to the Designer folder (same level as Don Gunn)
Yes, I did save his presets. Very cool of him to post those.

I was just trying to get the thread back around to the plugin. Even though this plugin is free, we still have the ability to copy/paste presets for easy sharing on the forum.

:D
a few more : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6eoptqee1vkdj ... u.zip?dl=0

Just a quick heads up, that we've generated a bunch of ValhallaSpaceModulator licenses by hand in the last few days, for people that show up in our system as having taken the survey but didn't get the plugin. So, if you took the survey but didn't get the SpaceModulator plugin, please check your user account!

Sean Costello

Return to “Effects”