MoselleIDE Alpha 5 is Now Available

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Moselle is a modular-type software synthesizer, programmed with a simple programming language (similar to Excel spreadsheets).

The fifth "pre-production" release is now available fore free download, but is currently Windows only.

http://moselle-synth.com

This is a stand-alone "Integrated Development Environment" (IDE), that requires no other software to run.

In the future, Mac versions are planned. Plug-in versions are planned, but will be commercial products.

The website gives a PowerPoint-style overview that should give you a full idea of what the software does before you bother downloading it. The site links to about two dozen videos demonstrating some of the things Moselle can easily do that most other synthesizers cannot. The download is free and doesn't require any account to be created. The web site includes a full discussion forum, and your feedback is eagerly awaited!

Here are a couple dozen demo videos of some of the things that are easy in Moselle but hard or impossible in most synthesizers:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1GYcx ... Rng/videos

really interesting project, i will try the alpha now!
cheers

Thanks! Any question at all, even if it's something you figure out yourself in a minute--feel free to ask either on the Moselle forum or here!

Interesting, but ... no GUI elements means no real-time control?

Hi Zxant,

Check out the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0i7PjJdiJg ...

There is real time control, but rather than using the screen, Moselle makes it easy to map anything and everything to MIDI controllers. In the video you can see the entire patch you're listening to. You see where it says General1, General2, General3, and General4? Those are MIDI General Purpose Controls 1-4. You can use any per-note or per-channel MIDI quantity to control anything whatsoever. My A-300Pro in the video has 18 knobs and sliders to map, before you start counting buttons and foot pedals, or pitch bend, velocity, pressure etc.

Now: if feedback tells me that's not enough, or if a lot of people just don't have so many MIDI controllers to map, I can easily make a graphical way to change values on a screen too.

Why not download it, play around with the tutorial series (160+ patches explain every aspect of Moselle) and see if you think using MIDI controllers actually works out well, or whether you'd advise me to do some graphic input in addition?

some macro knob would be great!

Thanks for the reply, Swiss Frank.

(I am an older person and I generally don't choose to viewing video's to study something, as I find there's too much going on at once, too distracting! I'm more text based).

But that means that for real-time control you must have a midi controller, which I do not have.

I guess automations are possible though.

Hello again Zxant,

You might find my videos a bit different from most. Only one thing happening, no time wasted talking, showing title screens or anything. Just a screenshot, camera, and audio.

And if you like things in writing, Moselle is the language for you!

Hey kokotte,

Thanks for your interest! Why don't you try Moselle with its current MIDI control abilities for a few weeks. If you don't find that gives you enough control, I'll consider putting your request in the next release!

Frank

the exe won't start: win7 x64
i try some compatibility mode but nothing, no idea?

Hi Kokotte,

Could you try this?

1) look in c:\Moselle\log .... are there any files there? If so can you send me the newest one? You should be able to double-click on it to open it, and Notepad will start to show you the contents.

2) Can you open an MS-DOS window and try this?

(BTW, if you have further questions and ask them on the Moselle forum http://www.moselle-synth.com/forum/, we can paste in screen shots over there, a bit easier to talk, but also happy to answer you here too.)

ok moselle works now, it must be in: C/Moselle/bin....
at the roots directory :tu:

Hey guys, glad to see a few people trying this, after I've worked on it for six years.

Feel free to post on the Moselle forum too. I'm checking there for questions 3-4 times a day.

Hi Frank!
So sorry I still didn't be able to put my teeth on Moselle and helping testing it.
I'll do as soon I'm out of this storming touring/rehearsals/concerts/composing/teaching schedule in a 10 days or so.
best
Alfonso

Return to “Modular Synthesis”