Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Much more stable than the first version I had installed! Great synth. I'm having trouble sequencing the waveforms in the oscillators modules. Whatever I do, the sound never seems to change... Am I the only one with this problem?

You need to activate the small buttons on top of each waveform selector you want to use.
Pretty much everybody ran into that problem - not really obvious ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Thanks! I'll try it tonight!

It works! I find the new version of the Tangle surprisingly stable! Can't seem to find a bug in Ableton / Windows 10... Great CPU use also. Hoping to see new modules soon!

Pinch zooming would be good.

lnikj wrote:Pinch zooming would be good.
In a touchpad it already has pinch zooming, and can scroll pretty smoothly with two fingers.

In a touchscreen it does respond to multitouch (nice), but it doesn't seem to answer to gestures, no scrolling nor zooming like in touchpad.

It scrolls on my MBP but it doesn't pinch zoom?

Ah, I'm on Windows 10.

Also the laptop I'm using has a "Precision Touchpad", which seems to be a newer Microsoft standard for touchpads, not sure if it makes any difference.

edit:
Just tested on Windows another laptop (a relative let me use it a bit) with a common touchpad, the pinch zooming does not work, and it only scrolls up and down as well. I guess this is why it did not work with the touchscreen either.

(At least on Win 10, using Shift or Ctrl modifier allows to scroll horizontally and zoom, with two-finger gesture.)
Last edited by pottering on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

doublepost

i think my favourite thing about this plugin is how just the 64bit demo version loaded in my DAWs, but now i've bought a licence, neither version loads... classic
Last edited by emef on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

OK. Thanks for the info. My request stands for those of us with 'inferior' touchpads ;)

Serious questions...

still wrapping my head around ranges. Is there any function one can think of that would need a range of more than say... 2? Seems that typing in a range of like 50 will not be necessary and it will crap out on you. Ranges are just so fundamentally important in tangle I need to know precisely what I'm dealing with here and why there is not a ceiling for range value? I do have a basic understanding, but now I'm trying to work with them in practice.

Why is phase modulation listed as FM when the frequency modulation node is right next to it?

this sounds gorgeous - well done to the dev! I love it when new players pop up with fresh ideas :tu:

just demoing now and will almost certainly buy it if I have no stability issues. Quick question however - I can't work out how to automate/midi learn - does anyone know how this is done? The usual (right mouse click on parameter) doesn't work.

automate,midi learn can be done via macros,inside macro, you can find an autom host number or midi cc
about the range, you can have multiply or add, connect with macro is great,eg, for pm amount, mult for ring mod or am.....phase offset,detune or what you want

kokotte wrote:automate,midi learn can be done via macros,inside macro, you can find an autom host number or midi cc
I'm unable to get midi learn to work in Logic Pro X...might anyone using Logic tell me how you're doing it?

Return to “Instruments”