How to print an audio during play back and how to convert stereo to mono audio in cubase ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys ,

I have added a few effects as inserts in cubase . How to print the audio during play back in cubase ?
and how to convert stereo to mono audio in cubase ?

Thanks

If you are trying to record while host is in transport, you can use a plugin like http://www.voxengo.com/product/recorder/

Create a mono audio track
Assign channel input 1
Arm the new track
Press asterisk

Stereo out will be bounced to mono track.
And the beat goes on...

You can also physically patch stereo outs to a single input via Y connector.
And the beat goes on...

Mister Gibson wrote:Create a mono audio track
Assign channel input 1
Arm the new track
Press asterisk

What is ' Arm the new track ' ?

Send existing stereo tracks to a new mono group track?

Ayorinde wrote:Send existing stereo tracks to a new mono group track?
+1/Yes

How will s/he record the output of the mono group channel?
And the beat goes on...

vignesh.vijay wrote:Hi Guys ,

I have added a few effects as inserts in cubase . How to print the audio during play back in cubase ?
and how to convert stereo to mono audio in cubase ?

Thanks
Sometimes I have a hard time really understanding the questions asked here. Why would one want to "print" (export?) audio during playback?
Mister Gibson wrote:How will s/he record the output of the mono group channel?
Again, "record the output"? Cubase uses the term "export", and you export either the whole caboodle, or, via the Batch Export facility, whatever tracks/channels/groups you want. And then there's render-in-place...

A mono group track will export a mono track, so far as I know. Never tried it as I have no use for mono (except certain bass tracks, where I use a mono-iser).

I think my brain is turning to mush. :dog:

vignesh.vijay wrote:
Mister Gibson wrote:Create a mono audio track
Assign channel input 1
Arm the new track
Press asterisk

What is ' Arm the new track ' ?
Arm is to ready a track for recording. Pressing the asterisk will start the recording process. :tu:

you can also create a mono group track and a new audio track, send the input of the audio track to the mono group track out, record.

Suloo wrote:you can also create a mono group track and a new audio track, send the input of the audio track to the mono group track out, record.
Yep. +1
And the beat goes on...

Mister Gibson wrote:
Suloo wrote:you can also create a mono group track and a new audio track, send the input of the audio track to the mono group track out, record.
Yep. +1
Then it would be a group track . I want it to be a single mono or stereo track .

Have you confused track with channel? They are not the same.
And the beat goes on...

vignesh.vijay wrote:
Mister Gibson wrote:
Yep. +1
Then it would be a group track . I want it to be a single mono or stereo track .
i didn't write it proper, you can set the group out as an input of a new audio track and record that on the audio track.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”