So...just how dope is Lush 101???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ya, so hey out there...so...well, this is a kind of a silly thread, alright? So you don't have to tell me...but here is where ol' Grizzellda is coming from...

This synth, this virtual machine...LUSH 101...it is on sale, and I f**k*n want it...well to put it quite clearly - I have been looking at it for quite awhile now...I need some virtual analogue power in my system, the few synths I have are more on the digital side of things.

So if you are a good KVR type, and you want to play...then just tell me how cool it is...talk about that dopeness factor, and why I should just buy it, already.

Not that I actually need convincing, right? It's just that I wanna hear it from other synth geeks like me who got nuth'n better to do... :hihi:

http://d16.pl/lush-101

Try out the demo
:tu:

I really like it, but I do wish it had more sources and destinations for modulation.

Also, I am not sure if they changed it since I was working with it (it was a while back) but the automation has to be setup ahead of time in the Options menu under Parameters.

It has a lot presets, and sounds great. It's a bit CPU hungry, so you'll want a pretty fast PC or Mac to use this one.

Lush 101 is a known CPU hog, so demo it first like Chili Beans said before regretting for some reason.

I found it kinda... meh... But if you stack several layers together it isn't bad. Just a CPU hog.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I found it kinda... meh..
Really? Interesting...so how would it have to sound for it not to be "meh"? :hihi:

But I get that it is a CPU hog...so I will render and move on. Maybe I should get Strobe 2 instead! But wait...it isn't on sale!!!

I have too much gear already, but I tested it out when it was about a year old and I thought it rocked. I'm not a D16 fan either. I remember it being probably the best super saw I've heard. It's running something like 8 engines though so you'll need a fairly up to date computer.

I also like how you can set each layer to a different MIDI channel.

About the high CPU, you don't have to use all 8 layers at once, so that can cut down a lot on the CPU usage. Just one or two layers can sound very good.

This thread made me demo it for the second time. The first time, (more than 2 years ago) and I was stunned by the sound. I loved it.

Now, for the second time and I also feel the same! So, it means "I must buy it" , but I've just bought Diva before yesterday! I really must finish with this spending :cry:

It is a great synth especially for those 80's pleasant sounds. Diva might be able of course to do such sounds, but LuSH has a different character and would complement Diva perfectly in my case.

I'm not sure I can buy it this discount, but it is sure in my list to buy. I just love its sound and I don't mind the limited sources and destinations in the matrix, because probably I will use what's in the front panel only.

I remember it holding it's own against the top multi sampled synths of the day and I happened to be demoing dune 2 about the same time and I thought,,, wow, Lush+Dune2 is a one two knock out punch! what a combo. Like I said though, I have more than I need already. The GAS is strong though... :)

I agree it's very tempting. I had big fun just now playing with one acid preset with different sequences and playing with the filter/modulators/resonance slides. It's very addictive and I have played with just one layer!

Grizzellda wrote:
deastman wrote:I found it kinda... meh..
Really? Interesting...so how would it have to sound for it not to be "meh"? :hihi:

But I get that it is a CPU hog...so I will render and move on. Maybe I should get Strobe 2 instead! But wait...it isn't on sale!!!
Well, I just didn't think it sounded like a very convincing emulation of an SH-101. But with a few layers stacked together, I don't care.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Now it is $99 in sweatwater. I didn't check another place though.

I already bought it from the market place, but for the OP or anyone else in the edge, I just wanted to push him/her to fall in the LuSH world :D

I thought Diva or Dune 2 would be my No.1 synth, but LuSH pushed them aside gently and went to sit on the King's Throne :)

I love this synth. I really don't care how authentic is the emulation to the original, the sound is great from clear plucks to lush pads. It has everything I love in synths. I even don't find myself needs the modulation matrix! The GUI is damn good to look and work with and I found myself understanding everything even before finishing the manual.

Lush101 has one of the best layer implementations in a multi-timbral synth. The sound is of high quality, but the synth architecture is too plain vanilla for my interests. I wish it had some soft-sync or cross-modulation... maybe some FM possibilities.

The Dev's did a really good job with the synth and responded well to initial criticism. The GUI was far too small and it had no multi-core support so a few layers could crush my cpu. They addressed both in a timely manner.

Indeed it is optimized CPU wise. I have put the quality to the highest and the cpu usage is similar to Diva and Bazille somehow. I think it is ok to lack some features if you have other synths that cover them 8)

Now among u-he synths, Dune 2 and LuSH 101, I feel in a paradise of synthesis. Always inspired and moved by the quality of sound. I just need to finish the 10 or so pieces that I started :pray: as I'm not the kind of usually finishing what I started :cry:

Return to “Instruments”