D16 Group teases PunchBOX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PunchBOX

Can you delete the samples and add your own or are they somehow embedded in the plugin?

woodsdenis wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
gunark wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
gunark wrote:Activation confused me too and yes you need to control / command click to get it.

Really liking this though as far as I can see the demo has all the sounds of the 'full' version.
The full version has a lot more sounds and samples.
That's odd as the install package was exactly the same name and size?
I imagine, given the size of the install, that all the samples are included in the demo, but are restricted/blocked until the license is bought
but just "to get started" >1100 samples and 800 presets should be enough :help: :D
from the dev
Are you sure this wasn't meant in the context of future expansion packs?

It's cool that the synthesized 909 and 808 kicks are in there. I like the D16 909 kick as it has a wider range than the original. I think it's crazy that they didn't include tune with the 808 though. I wonder how long it will take for that to show up.

woodsdenis wrote:
gunark wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
gunark wrote:Activation confused me too and yes you need to control / command click to get it.

Really liking this though as far as I can see the demo has all the sounds of the 'full' version.
The full version has a lot more sounds and samples.
That's odd as the install package was exactly the same name and size?
I imagine, given the size of the install, that all the samples are included in the demo, but are restricted/blocked until the license is bought
but just "to get started" >1100 samples and 800 presets should be enough :help: :D
from the dev
Are you sure this wasn't meant in the context of future expansion packs?

the demo version has just 55 master presets with the necessary samples that are needed for combining/the creation of them.

the full version has more than 800 master presets over 1100 samples

future expansions will enlarge the amount of master presets & corresponding samples of course.

best,
oli

Oliver Schmitt wrote:
el-bo wrote:Are you sure this wasn't meant in the context of future expansion packs?
the demo version has just 55 master presets with the necessary samples that are needed for combining/the creation of them.

the full version has more than 800 master presets over 1100 samples

future expansions will enlarge the amount of master presets & corresponding samples of course.

best,
oli
Which confirms what I said i.e that the full version's 800/110 should be enough to start with. However, it doesn't disprove my idea that all the samples are included, just unavailable. Perhaps someone else could compare the install sizes

btw: did we mention that we do a special cross sale promo for punchbox customers at resonance sound ?

http://www.resonance-sound.com/product/ ... nthesizer/

you get 20% OFF on selected samples, vsti & midis (we also included some already reduced bundles with that extra bonus) in the shopping cart.

e.g. the 'sor ultimate bundle' costs normally 275,- euro
for customers of punchbox you can get it for 220,- euro (20% off)

just for the case you planned to get some additional stuff, too :)

best,
oli

note: existing d16 users - please dont forget to check your postbox. you got your 20,- euro off vouncher as a loyal d16 customer! please sign in at d16 for redeem

Which confirms what I said i.e that the full version's 800/110 should be enough to start with. However, it doesn't disprove my idea that all the samples are included, just unavailable. Perhaps someone else could compare the install sizes
Looks like you are correct. I purchased it yesterday and the file in the user area is the same as the one you can download for demo. Both 135 megs. So all of the samples are there but unavailable until you authorize it.

Hi guys,

Just to clarify some matters and questions regarding demo and full versions of PunchBOX. Basically they are the same binaries, meaningly demo version is exacly the very same application as full version, thus you are allowed (after evaluation) to activate demo to a full version, which gains you an access to complete factory content. Demo content and factory content are there, but the full content is ciphered and digitally signed so the license data unlocks the access to it. Speaking of technicalities.

Kind regards,
Sebastian / D16
Sebastian / D16 Group Audio Software

Loving this! Just messing with the demo and theres a few little things that are a bit annoying.

Exporting kicks: Is there way to get the audio to export>save as to the last folder? And also to keep the same sample rate? Every time I export a kick and then variations on the kick, it goes back to my desktop. And when reloading the plugin it switches back to 16bit.

Apart from that.. Awesome kick machine. And decently priced.

tymon909 wrote:Loving this! Just messing with the demo and theres a few little things that are a bit annoying.
if you like messing with the demo and love this - you will get addicted to this machine when you have >800 presets! :help: :D
tymon909 wrote: Exporting kicks: Is there way to get the audio to export>save as to the last folder? And also to keep the same sample rate? Every time I export a kick and then variations on the kick, it goes back to my desktop. And when reloading the plugin it switches back to 16bit.
we keep an eye on it! thank you!

best,
oli

m00gie wrote:Hi guys,

Just to clarify some matters and questions regarding demo and full versions of PunchBOX. Basically they are the same binaries, meaningly demo version is exacly the very same application as full version, thus you are allowed (after evaluation) to activate demo to a full version, which gains you an access to complete factory content. Demo content and factory content are there, but the full content is ciphered and digitally signed so the license data unlocks the access to it. Speaking of technicalities.

Kind regards,
Sebastian / D16

hey i am just curious cause I am reading great things about this d16 kick plugin. Here and in other topics especially.. on how wonderful it is (and even apparently beats metrum).

I found the factory library to be tiny, and overall very poor, because in my view they hardly included any variety.
I don't know if it's different when you buy it, to the demo.. there's 90 ish kicks in the demo.. for that money that's pretty stingy (imo).

Whereas metrum comes with a wealth of *diversity* and also some great expanders (optional, ten bucks each).

I fiddled with the randomiser as well as playing around with the modules to see what sort of results I could get from D16 , and i found it "ok', whereas i find metrum exceptional for tweaking.

So if you don't mind me asking guys and gals.. is the factory content representative of what the capabilities of this plugin actually ARE?

If not, has spending time with it to create your own kicks, given you really good/diverse/different to included content, results? i.e should i actually sit down with the thing, and spend hours and hours with it learning it from a-z?
IF the factory content sounds "great" to the people that love it, and IS indeed representative of what i should be able to achieve myself, then i know it's not for me already, as i don't think it sounds great at all, just average. I know to pass it up. But all these raving words from some trusted members I have read, and when i first played with it, i was like "huh? I got better results than this with bazzism".

I hope i am explaining the question correctly :oops:

TheoM wrote:
I don't know if it's different when you buy it, to the demo.. there's 90 ish kicks in the demo.. for that money that's pretty stingy (imo).
I can't answer all of your questions as I don't have the full version, but the answer to this one (via one of the developers) is:

the full version has more than 800 master presets over 1100 samples.
Regarding Metrum and Bazzism, I have both. I find all the "better than" talk that goes around a bit irrelevant due to total subjectivity. I get very different results with both, which differ from the results I get with Punchbox. I could say that any of these is "best" given a particular day/track, mood, what I'm currently listening to, etc.

If you're speaking on presets, I have to be honest and say I don't particularly like most of the presets found in the demo version for some reason, but I do like what I am able to build on my own given the tools. Based on this and my love for D16 stuff in general, I'll be purchasing.

I hope this is helpful. Maybe someone else can chime in regarding the diversity of the full factory content versus the demo. Go with your gut though. If it brings you no particular joy, pass. :tu: :phones:

TheoM wrote:IF the factory content sounds "great" to the people that love it, and IS indeed representative of what i should be able to achieve myself, then i know it's not for me already, as i don't think it sounds great at all, just average. I know to pass it up. But all these raving words from some trusted members I have read, and when i first played with it, i was like "huh? I got better results than this with bazzism".
Like dtomaloff said, you're just checking a tiny portion of the factory content with the demo.

How do you like the audio demos at http://d16.pl/punchbox/media
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

core wrote:
TheoM wrote:IF the factory content sounds "great" to the people that love it, and IS indeed representative of what i should be able to achieve myself, then i know it's not for me already, as i don't think it sounds great at all, just average. I know to pass it up. But all these raving words from some trusted members I have read, and when i first played with it, i was like "huh? I got better results than this with bazzism".
Like dtomaloff said, you're just checking a tiny portion of the factory content with the demo.

How do you like the audio demos at http://d16.pl/punchbox/media
... Pretty much this. The audio demos give a better idea as to the range and diversity of the plug-in than the VST demo I'd say.

I was a bit dubious with the diversity of sounds with the demo too but went for it in the end (based on audio demos and what the VST offered feature-wise).

Haven't had any time to play with the full version yet though.

Return to “Instruments”