Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This would have been an INSTA buy back in the day.......haters gonna hate:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... ric-guitar

Now, I know, they are never as they appear in person (except about 2010 back) but that is still stupid-good looking.

17/19mm on the next though :roll: Lame. I don't need a paper neck :lol:

incubus wrote:My carvin is gone :lol:

Probably werp bought it :hihi:
nope. Don't know anything about carvin. and if I was going to buy an Ibanez it would be one of those skinny prestige jobs that weigh about 4 ounces.
:tu:
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

hehe, that's pretty much ANY one now (they are all basla wood) :lol:

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/Talm ... -Guitar.gc

I dunno about anyone else, but I think that has to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen at that price....maybe ever.

Oh course then again, there is the Zack Wyled :scared:

Funny, that's an old model that didn't do well the first time. That's like Sid and Marty Krofft remaking Sigmond the Sea Monster.

You can buy a Fender American Standard Strat for the same cost...
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

I've been doing two main "gear" shows and at least 1 vintage market show a year for 4 years now. I don't know if it's poor memory or just my imagination, but fender 2015+ and gibson late 2015 to present seem to be upping their game on quality for their core lines. The strats and teles I played at gearfest were really top quality guitars. Very consistent. Very very good. So I'm not sure how a $1500 competitor can be better than the $1500 for the main Fender offerings. The Standards and Elites are really good buys. They aren't entry level from a cost perspective. But, they also aren't 2k+ for the frilly models. And they play just as well and have really really good pickups and setup by default IMO. I didn't think that 5 years ago. I wouldn't have touched a core Fender or Gibson.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Jim Roseberry wrote:You can buy a Fender American Standard Strat for the same cost...
But it doesn't say Ibanez.

I like the idea of the $399 Talman. In contrast, that prestige seems a bit pricey, and should have had 2 P90s instead of 3 's' style pickups.

YAY! It's finally here.

looks tight. i'll bet it sounds like a dream.

oh yeah, sounds pretty much how you think a 58' will sound. I really prefer these kind of PUPS before folks started over winding them.

Uncle E wrote:Funny, that's an old model that didn't do well the first time. That's like Sid and Marty Krofft remaking Sigmond the Sea Monster.
HR Puff'n'Stuff FTW

being a bit young for hr puff'n'stuff, my age group were more of the 'sigmund and lidsville' generation. i have fond memories of watching lidsville and sigmund and the sea monsters, back to back each saturday.

oh, and who could forget the bugaloos?

it could be that this is all relevant to this thread, as these early viewing experiences may have somehow informed our later guitar buying trends.

Xiangqi wrote:being a bit young for hr puff'n'stuff, my age group were more of the 'sigmund and lidsville' generation. i have fond memories of watching lidsville and sigmund and the sea monsters, back to back each saturday.

oh, and who could forget the bugaloos?

it could be that this is all relevant to this thread, as these early viewing experiences may have somehow informed our later guitar buying trends.
Well I was in my single digits during the Banana Splits ... 1 banana 2 banana 3 banana 4 ...
And I've said 100 times that people don't appreciate the old movie and tv studio musicians for how absolutely phenomenal they were.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”