Common, everyday arguing about drum machines and everything that could be considered as a DM.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deastman wrote:For a long time I was focusing mainly on Extreme Drumsynth.
Then you have to try version 2, if you havent :tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

"Sample players arent drum machines"
Thats the best news i have heard all week, I can sue Roland/Yamaha/Korg/Casio/Zoom/Alesis, they all sold me drum machines based on sample playback grrrrrrrr

Dealing with stupidity aside, Maschines Drum synths are actually very good for acoustic models.
Duh

nix808 wrote:I really wouldn't mind no additions to the code, as it is maybe finished(IMO)-
but we have compatibility issues.

Nice to meet to meet another acid head!

Maybe Props see Reason as the successor,
but it is completely different(and just won't sound like Rebirth no matter what we do)-
so that doesn't mesh with me.

Ultimately I am glad it exists more than peevish with Props,
as long as I can register my WinXP, I'll be running it
Compatibility with todays computers would be all that I ask :P Few years ago there was this little "movement" where we gathered pile of people and sent message to propellerheads that we're ready to pay for an update but they were like "nah".

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
deastman wrote:For a long time I was focusing mainly on Extreme Drumsynth.
Then you have to try version 2, if you havent :tu:
Where would I find version 2? Here's the latest on the website:
Latest Update
June 4, 2010 - v1.6.1 release
Added Pad Mute/Solo
Added Randomization for each step. (Hold Shift to update all steps at once)
Updated Presets.
Enabled Host Automation of XY Blend Values for each pad
New evolutionary patch randomization.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Google doesn't find either.

Softube modular is really nice to make drums.

Elektron RYTM

Lotuzia wrote:I wouldn't want to engage in another hot debate on *copy protection*, but the one plug ins I cant install anymore were made by companies ( not so small, like Tascam & Gigasampler) who .... made their own control center. I prefer by far to rely on a company that deals with a very big users base, and serves a lot of different companies. Just ime though ....

Took the words right out of my mouth. :tu:

As far as software, I use spark2. I took the time to really learn it. I love that it has its own record button to record as you are jamming along. Also it has midi drag and drop as well as audio. The latter is so smart that if you solo a drum sound and drag the audio, you can drag individual patterns that way. Get the drums into the audi domain and each have their own track :)
It's the only reason I keep v collection. The bad side is that it's the only plug in so far that causes a crash in pt occasionally, along with other Arturia. And since I refuse to pay for a bug fix to go to v collection 5, well that's what I have. I plan to get the spark Le controller eventually, which also includes the software, so I'll ditch the v4 then and that will be solely the only Arturia plugin I ever use again. It's amazing that they are the only ones that crash pt out of all the plugins I have tested so far. And it seems like a never ending vicious cycle with Arturia since I used their plugins starting ten years back. But spark is just too intuitive to give up. The patterns are so easy to create, and I can then drag the midi and assign it to any synth in 2 seconds. Drums have been my weakest point in 20 plus years, and this is the first time I've impressed myself with the grooves I have come up with from scracth by myself,and not used loops.

I also use the limited but handy boom included with pt.

Addictive drums for real drums when rarely needed, and I have a machine drum on the way for hardware jamming, which I suspect will get tons of use.

As far as drum synths go? Another Bong fan here.
For freeware, Third Harmonic Studio's EXD-80 was a very pleasant surprise, as was Saltline's CBW01.
TS-808 and Drumatic 3 are classic freeware.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Lejurai wrote:Google doesn't find either.
http://www.sonicsidekick.com/
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Lotuzia wrote:I wouldn't want to engage in another hot debate on *copy protection*, but the one plug ins I cant install anymore were made by companies ( not so small, like Tascam & Gigasampler) who .... made their own control center. I prefer by far to rely on a company that deals with a very big users base, and serves a lot of different companies. Just ime though ....
You may have a point there :P

i wonder if as a community we'll progress to some kind of widespread delineation of drum machine genre by application.

as a developer my focus has been to facilitate, to avail a timbral process. and realistically, i think in 2016 hosts are generally able to host plugins in a flexible manner so that a single timbre or single process instrument isn't an obstruction to composition. to me this is the most sensible, since my focus is timbral optioning.

as far as i can figure, casually, folks who want a multitimbral percussion are either in live apps, where the interface and ability to edit/perform sequences is important, or in production, where the focus is getting some sounds in a recording and the job done, where eg. a single machine offering a kit with integrated performance and mix functions is a choice of efficiency.

for artists who are exploring or expressing outside of referenced space, single timbre instruments permit the most flexibility in use and for the developer, who isn't obliged to tie any particular timbral process into a full polytimbral instrument.

a heap for your "arguing about drum machines" plate :) i always read these threads of people asking for a drum machine with n features .. like asking for boone's farm at a wine tasting convention. sure but you're missing out on variety if you want the lunchbox.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Quit bellyachin' and get them all......it's the only way to be sure :hihi:

incubus wrote:Quit bellyachin' and get them all......it's the only way to be sure :hihi:
I'm working hard to achieve that :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”