SynthMaster 2

DruMunkey wrote:
kv331 wrote:Folks,
Updates are at: http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx
No they're not...

Only thing @ that URL is:
Your computer is tricking you :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Maybe try a different browser? I can see all available downloads at that link.

Download Updates

Latest updates for registered users of SynthMaster:

SynthMaster 2.8 VST/VSTi/AU/AAX for MacOSX 32bits/64bits Installer
SynthMaster 2.8 VST/VSTi/AAX for Windows 32bits/64bits Installer
SynthMaster 2.8 Player VSTi/AAX for Windows 32bits/64bits Installer
SynthMaster 2.8 Player VSTi/AU/AAX for MacOSX 32bits/64bits
SynthMaster 2.8 VST/VSTi/AAX for Windows 32bits/64bits Latest Update
SynthMaster 2.8 VST/VSTi/AU/AAX for MacOSX 32bits/64bits Latest Update
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

fmr wrote:
DruMunkey wrote:
kv331 wrote:Folks,
Updates are at: http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx
No they're not...

Only thing @ that URL is:
Your computer is tricking you :lol:
Thanks for the help, tool.

My Win7 64 bit system doesn´t show a 64 bit option for installing the demo.
ONLY 32 bit!
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote:My Win7 64 bit system doesn´t show a 64 bit option for installing the demo.
ONLY 32 bit!
I will sort this out tomorrow. There should be an error during creating setup of demo 2.8.3
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
swatwork wrote:
kv331 wrote:What's "parameter name selector" ? dropdown controls you mean ?
Reproduced :tu:

Except a fix. There are other crasher issues I am working right now so expect 2.8.3 tonight :)
Just tried 2.8.3, all working fine now. :tu:

can someone explain the difference between serial number and licence file.

I had to enter my serial number to download the installer. Now when I run the VST I get a notice saying a licence key file is required. I've entered my email requesting one be sent to me but not had a reply, so I'm guessing it's not sent automatically.

How long does it take and why is it necessary considering I needed my serial number to download?

I always dread updating synthmaster, it never goes smoothly and seems an unnecessarily convoluted process!

update: it arrived. Glad that's sorted for another 6 months or so.
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Jbravo wrote:can someone explain the difference between serial number and licence file.

I had to enter my serial number to download the installer. Now when I run the VST I get a notice saying a licence key file is required. I've entered my email requesting one be sent to me but not had a reply, so I'm guessing it's not sent automatically.

How long does it take and why is it necessary considering I needed my serial number to download?

I always dread updating synthmaster, it never goes smoothly and seems an unnecessarily convoluted process!

update: it arrived. Glad that's sorted for another 6 months or so.
The license key file contains

1) your name
2) your email address
3) your serial number
4) a long key code value which is used for copy protection

The process is very simple, it is not convoluted.

1. You download the 2.8 update and install it.
2. Upon FIRST run, the "license key file request" dialog pops up. If you are an existing user, the values will be populated from your existing license key file. You click on the "Download" button and SynthMaster downloads and saves the new license key file at Documents/SynthMaster folder.

In subsequent runs/updates license key file download wont be required. It is done only ONCE.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

It is strange that I see so many with installation issues with Synthmaster. I have installed on Windows 7, 7 Pro, 8 Pro, 8.1, and 10...updated on every version of Windows platform that I mentioned and have never even had a hiccup. I cannot imagine that many of our systems are so vastly different (processor, memory, hard drive, sound hardware) as to achieve such a varied experience.

I guess the YMMV concept holds true.

The majority of issues seem to be with "offline" updating. I guess I made it easy for myself to simply plug and unplug my ethernet cable when necessary.

I have no problems in installation/activation (Win 10 64bit). I had 2.8.3 (the first release) and when checked for update, it said there is a new update. I clicked it and it took me to the download page (with my email and serial already filled). Downloaded the 64bit update and installed it, then everything worked fine :)

swatwork wrote:
kv331 wrote:
swatwork wrote:
kv331 wrote:What's "parameter name selector" ? dropdown controls you mean ?
Reproduced :tu:

Except a fix. There are other crasher issues I am working right now so expect 2.8.3 tonight :)
Just tried 2.8.3, all working fine now. :tu:
Well this version is by far the most unstable I've had so far, to the point of being unusable.
Yesterday, the issue with SM taking 6 or 7 sec to load magically disappeared (even though I still don't have Internet due to my shitty ISP but that's another story), but SM keeps crashing randomly as it has been doing since v2.8.3 :?

However on my other PC I don't seem to suffer from the same issues (although I haven't tested it much). I haven't tried to reinstall yet or delete the local SM directory yet (which is on T: not C: )

Everything is working well here. :tu: Excellent feature updates. Thanks for the new set of presets.

I tested the update last week on my work computer which I use to test things before going to my music computer. Windows 8.1, 64-bit, Stagelight DAW. That all went well. Installed last night on my music computer (also Win8.1, 64, Stagelight) and had no issues. I thought a good test was opening up my Synthmaster competition entry with 15+ SM tracks. Sounded just as I had left it. No problems.

apologies if this has been addressed already...I can't get Cubase to "see" 2.8. The .dll is sitting there in the folder (one for 32bit and one for 64 bit in their respective folders) however Cubase won't see it. When I get a chance I am going to try a complete uninstall and re-install...hopefully fixes it.

Elektronisch wrote:Kv331 what about the bug with stuttering envelopes in FL Studio?
It seems my bug is being ignored

Elektronisch wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Kv331 what about the bug with stuttering envelopes in FL Studio?
It seems my bug is being ignored
Maybe a speech therapist can help ? :wink:
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”