Is Soundcloud Just One Big Sp*mfest?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All in all, I don't think many people are using soundcloud as the main promotional platform. There are facebook, reddit, various forums etc. for that. When I check out someone's soundcloud this is usually because I already know their music from other sources (or in order to make sure that the guy who posts something at KVR and with whom I strongly disagree indeed has no clue how to make a proper tune :D ) and I'm keeping mine in order to post my tracks and sounds at KVR and other places.

But frankly I know about promotion as much as my cat (and I don't have a cat).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I don't see it as a problem.

Nowadays, my most avid fans are spambots.
(You can actually have some pretty wild conversations with some of them).

Anyway, much better than those 9 Japanese teenage girls I always tried to escape from.

ATN69 wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
ATN69 wrote:I didn't know spambots looked like that :D ..nice :hihi:
If only ...

they really look like this:

Awww ..what a turnoff! :roll:
That's racist! :borg:

I often get more "hearts" than listens on tracks that I don't also link to from anywhere else. If I do link to them, the plays will catch up. I also have a bunch of followers who apparently never listen to my tracks.

recursive one wrote:Once fine day she liked one of my tracks

My mind (and my reading skills) told me that it was one of these "do-you-make-this-mistake-at-soundcloud" spambots but my heart still refuses to believe
that exact bot just liked 4 of my tracks 2 days ago.
ImageImageImage

wagtunes wrote:and from accounts that look highly questionable.
Thanks for that ;-)
There's a lot of spam on sc and it's increasing. The newest one is
'Are you making this mistake on soundcloud?'

It's easy to distinguish what type of account that makes contact, though. There are still some that gives great feedback and suggestions, and I need a lot of the latter. I haven't found another site where that works as good, but that could be I have a bigger network already there. Hearthis and one other site, which name eludes my tired mind atm, may one day become a viable option though.

chaosWyrM wrote:
recursive one wrote:Once fine day she liked one of my tracks

My mind (and my reading skills) told me that it was one of these "do-you-make-this-mistake-at-soundcloud" spambots but my heart still refuses to believe
that exact bot just liked 4 of my tracks 2 days ago.
Wtf? I need to talk to her seriously! She is MY spambot!

Soundcloud is rubbish. The only thing it was ever good for was that it once had a good easy player you could embed in facebook, but they've killed that now.

Soundcloud works best for those who already have a large / mid sized following if you're using it for promotional / marketing purposes. Been so since 2010. They've nerfed any good community features.

Build your following locally, on Facebook / twitter, and various social areas, and draw them to your SC account.

I don't see it as a major problem - occasionally I get likes from people who are obviously spammers but it's usually only once in a few weeks and they are easy to delete/block: most I get from real people.

Yes, there are some of this accounts, which are bots. They have no followers, no songs, nothing and often some cryptic user names. I have sometimes 1 or 2 of this who follow me and after some time unfollow so it's not a big problem.
Some of this accounts are real guys from this "buy clicks" companies. They reshare also tracks and they wrote also a private message "that I need more followers and if I know about XYZ"

I think Soundcloud knows about this problem and they removing also this fake accounts. I don't think it's a big problem.

I love Soundcloud. I don't know any other place where you get likes for a sine wave click test. :D

chk071 wrote:I love Soundcloud. I don't know any other place where you get likes for a sine wave click test. :D
Gearslutz?

This could explain why I get significantly more plays than some years ago, but not much actual feedback :-?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Soundcloud is a good place to promote your music, but you have to give a little if you want something in return. Share your track to relevant groups, promote your music by contacting webzines and blogs that covers the genre you're producing, give meaningful and honest feedback to other people's tracks, make your page visually pleasing, etc.

....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”