Melda's new MMorph, let's take a look...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll add GRM Grinder to that list - it's a kind of magnitude/phase (FFT components) mixer type thing, which isn't too far from what we call morphing.

CinningBao wrote:I'll add GRM Grinder to that list - it's a kind of magnitude/phase (FFT components) mixer type thing, which isn't too far from what we call morphing.
True, I forgot that one, I quite like it actually and still use it from time to time.

Nice track Sampleconstruct — sounds deep!

Soarer wrote:Nice track Sampleconstruct — sounds deep!

Cyclomatic wrote:I'm kind of surprised this plugin doesn't get more attention. Are there other good spectral morph VSTs out there, or is morphing just generally not something people are interested in?

Audiosculpt does (non real time) morphing for about twenty years.
While i like melda Morph, i think the biggest problem with morphing is that it would need extremely complex parameters which analyse the source material to be more convincing.
E.g. it should "know" if a spectral peak is because of a formant or because of a typical overtone structure (oboe vs. clarinet to put a typical example) and therefore give the user the possiblity to define more exactly those transitions.
And it should have frequency tracking and leave the user the possibility how to deal with non matching fundamentals (or vibrati etc.)
And there should be different ways to get from a harmonic spectrum to a non harmonic.

In my experience, the existing morphing algorithms may work with some material, but also may just sound like some strange phasings....

My "dream" would be a non-real-time application that gives the user the possiblity to add additional information on how to deal with the material.

Another couple to add to the list - Ircam TRAX's 'cross synthesis' and 'source filter'.

Again not conventional morphing, but the algos do perform pitch detection so they behave a bit differently to the others, plus they use IRCAM's SuperVP and LPC tech, which makes my ears wet.. and the ability to mix the spectral components in different ways.. lot of fun, lovely algorithm..

mcbpete wrote:They're all fully tweakable though, you can get them looking as nice as this with just a few clicks -

As you've spent quite a bit of time with ZMorph and a brief period with MMorph, how to you feel they compare sound quality wise ?
This is my favorite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@ Lejurai: mine too!
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Soarer wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I have been using the VST, just prefer to only use AU in general so hope they get it fixed.
I'm using VST in Live 9.6.1 (Win 10), but still can't get the 2 audio sources morph. The side chain signal is already shown to be active in mmorph (Mxxx).
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

I have started using all the plugins as VST since I was told that it uses a bit less CPU. Had no problems so far and Sidechain works.

Return to “Effects”