What was the first computer you owned?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn't know that Spectrum +3 came with a MIDI port :o

But how useful was it, as it couldn't receive MIDI data, would it be possible to program patches on the Spectrum and send to a synth, but not record with the synths via Midi into a sequencer on the +3 ?

http://www.ntrautanen.fi/computers/hard ... mMIDI.html

Mac plus was my first. Sounds like a menu in Mc Donalds :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

This:

Then this:

Then this:

Then left computers for games consoles until much later when I went from custom-build pc to macbook pro
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Thu May 26, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apple II in 1977/78 probably or maybe a bit later, running the mountain computer music system (with light pen to input notes)

Atari 520 STe... I still have it boxed up somewhere (as well as 2 x 1040 STe's) :ud:

ZX81 :D
Sinclair Spectrum :tu:
Commodore AMIGA :love:
PC :?

Self-built AMD Athlon system
:borg:

C64... but "real" PC, it was a Pentium 3 with 33MHz
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:C64... but "real" PC, it was a Pentium 3 with 33MHz
lol a pentium 3 @ 33mhz???

Must be a typo, because the first Pentium 3 was released with a 450mhz processor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_III

Anyhow maybe stardust meant the 133mhz FSB it shipped with.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon May 30, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I think 33 MHz was the time of 386 computers running Windows 3.1

Hand me down Packard Bell with Windows 95 an AOL and dialup ...lolz what a piece a crap computer now I look back on it ...

Before I saved up and built my desktop we bought a Pentium 120 which I lost countless hours to @ 11 years old. That was the computer that I ended up taking apart and putting back together, reinstalling Windows95 multiple times (Much to my parents dismay), learning how to build partitions, maintenance, editing the registry, oh and playing lots of classic video games.

I eventually become the go-to tech nerd in my family and I still am to this day. Except now I'm using OSX systems and don't really know much about the new windows systems since Vista..

However I do want to build a custom high-end multimedia/gaming windows system again in the near future. Before I get this, I want my 12-core Mac pro system first for 4k Video production.

It was in '86 or '87. A laptop running DOS. Don't remember the specs, except that it had no hard drive. It did have two 3.5" floppy drives: one held the DOS disk, while the second held the applications. I ran four programs -- a word processor, a spreadsheet and two very simple games.

V0RT3X wrote:That was the computer that I ended up taking apart and putting back together, reinstalling Windows95 multiple times (Much to my parents dismay), learning how to build partitions, maintenance, editing the registry, oh and playing lots of classic video games.

I eventually become the go-to tech nerd in my family and I still am to this day.
That's pretty much how I became the local "computer guy" as well. The first PC I bought was a crappy Pentium 133 that I gradually upgraded until I built a whole new system about 5 years later.

But my first computer was an Amiga 500. No hard disk, but eventually I added a second floppy drive which cut down on a lot of disk swapping.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”