Reason 9 officially announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OMG, you broke the internet with that pic!

imagine if the racks were expanded

just wondering if one needs to go to that extent to achieve their ends?

Sometimes modular stuff is just stunt work.... I haven't listened to that patch, so no comment on that, but a lot of time there are patchings that just don't need to be there.

maybe I'm dead wrong, but a lot of times, it's just unnecessary stuff that could be achieved easier by a better input signal...

BITWORD wrote:
Sometimes modular stuff is just stunt work
Oh the whoppin' you might take for that comment in these parts!

:hihi:

xbitz wrote:
my favorite on is the Key FluX FX Processor

from http://www.reason101.net/101-creative-r ... processor/ :D
Rob really went down the rabbit hole with the Reason software, didn't he?... :D

Smart guy - that one is just a bit much though. I can only imagine what it looks like expanded and with Tab pressed :shock: :shock:

That pic reminds me of the times when i demo'd Reason in the past, and browsed through the demo songs, and was confused how the people who did them were able to browse, and keep an overview over all those devices... i can only imagine that, with so many more devices now, it's even a bigger mess.

No, not really.

At first, it's weird to wrap your head around because you have to remember to tab for the front/back and use the triangle/alt to do all open/close and you might be overwhelmed by the wires. But after getting the paradigm in your head it all makes perfect sense and gives you some truly useful combines.

And you can clear clutter with the chords. Tracktion isn't as good with the racks. The visual is so static that it's tough to know what you are doing at times.

xbitz wrote:

For some Reason this pic turned me on a bit :hihi:

xbitz wrote:Image
Recreation of a Serum patch? :D

Is that an attempt to recreate Hubble?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

... And still no scalable rack?? I'm not updating my Reason until they do that vital upgrade (still on Reason 7.5 here). Editing stuff in the rack is like working with a cell phone.

Arturia did it with all their soft-instruments... When will the Props do it?
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

eivind wrote:... And still no scalable rack?? I'm not updating my Reason until they do that vital upgrade (still on Reason 7.5 here). Editing stuff in the rack is like working with a cell phone.

Arturia did it with all their soft-instruments... When will the Props do it?
They're too busy selling sample drum loops as RE instrument packs. They just announced another one 10 days ago that isn't included with R9. It's seems it's not a priority for them to refine the core ecosystem.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Lejurai wrote:
xbitz wrote:

For some Reason this pic turned me on a bit :hihi:
I just want to see how long I can make this page.

bmrzycki wrote: ...They're too busy selling sample drum loops as RE instrument packs...
They aren't sample drum loops, they are midi sound modules with 5 multisampled kits each, and a selection of keytriggered midi grooves that can be adjusted for timing and feel. It's not keeping Toontrack up nights, sure, but its more than sampled loops.

also, it's sold under propellerheads label, but was developed by UJAM, so not taking any precious props dev time. but why let facts get in the way?

ShawnG wrote:
bmrzycki wrote: ...They're too busy selling sample drum loops as RE instrument packs...
They aren't sample drum loops, they are midi sound modules with 5 multisampled kits each, and a selection of keytriggered midi grooves that can be adjusted for timing and feel. It's not keeping Toontrack up nights, sure, but its more than sampled loops.

also, it's sold under propellerheads label, but was developed by UJAM, so not taking any precious props dev time. but why let facts get in the way?
You can say and look at them the way you like it man but these are just samples.

Yes you can have look at it like some sort of space ship modules which i am sure most of you are doing but in the essence they are drum loops and samples wrapped in a box with usual scripting and macros. Nothing new really. Parsec was truly spaceship module :D

They could put their forces in making other improvements indeed. But no they are building blocks of things which happen to be possible to do in Reason since version 6.

I hated Audio Retromatic Transformer not because it was bad (it's damn usable) because i immediately heard that it contained sound character already available for years inside of Reason. But no Reason users attacked me and told me it is groundbreaking new RE processor. Years after - it turned to be Combinator consisting of reason internal effects hidden behind Fancy GUI. So basically they asked people to create amazing presets in combinator with internal reason effects and then they wrapped it in _GUI.

http://melodiefabriek.com/blog/audiomat ... ansformer/

Ok, man but what did you do all these years? It really seems like they are slow.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”