Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Then why make a 24.594" scale guitar? Why not 23.996 or 25.751? :shrug:

incubus wrote:So 24.594 is the new "fanned fret" ?? :hihi:
:hihi:

I still want to get one of these:

Now all we need is the 432 pitch guy to come tell is how all guitars used to be that way and the Nazi's put a stop to it.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Uncle E wrote:
incubus wrote:So 24.594 is the new "fanned fret" ?? :hihi:
:hihi:

I still want to get one of these:

Your tech will kill you :lol:

got to admit, that's amazing.

Everyone you play it for will think that you slipped something in their drink :D

Sentient/Nazgul? Yes please!

But there is a problem. The "flat black 'covered'" are not available anywhere for 6 string (f spacing or not).

Sad face, indeed.

Long story short is I've played a ton in the last couple of days.......was blown away by how "articulate" this combo was with the EXACT same settings vs my 6 string guitars (especially the neck) :(

So, my KM7 is king in definition ( and I LOVE playing a 7 ) but in a quandary. Would love to put this combo into my E-II. The dimarzios are "ok" but they have a certain dullness to them. The s/n combo is crisp, sharp and not "too" overdriven (kinda a PAF's on roids! )

I'll keep searching.

Btw, that reminds me..........went into the "local" GC today. There was WONDERFUL Carvin for 599. Great price.

But there is a problem :lol: The trem is f**ked!

Now, the "tech" wasn't there. And our local GC isn't a dumbass like so many, but I'll be interested what he thinks of it (in the next couple of days)

Strange. If pushed "down" it had this "over the top" sticking/clicking issue. Someone else close to me (in the store today :lol: ) said the same thing..........WTF????? It's not like anything I've witnessed lifetime. But, that dude is the same dude that isn't an idiot (not sure I can explain but helped with the 7 string KM7 I love dearly)

So, If I go there tomorrow, and he is like "oh, Ok, I know what to do" I might snag me an SSS carvin. The neck was "tits" and it has lock tuners, and is 25 1/2 with the neck "carve" away. The only other issue is the strap lock on the body is bushed. For me that's a "who cares" because I don't ever play with a strap and I can fix it easily. We'll see, but again, price, and vs is pretty f**king good.

incubus wrote:Sentient/Nazgul? Yes please!

But there is a problem. The "flat black 'covered'" are not available anywhere for 6 string (f spacing or not).
I just checked the Seymour Duncan price sheet, the black metal covers are only available for the 7- and 8-string versions.

Uncle E wrote:
incubus wrote:Sentient/Nazgul? Yes please!

I just checked the Seymour Duncan price sheet, the black metal covers are only available for the 7- and 8-string versions.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :tantrum:

There went that idea :roll:

bought this last week..limited edition Fender FMT telecaster..It's a little gem with it's set neck, Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck and Pearly Gates in the bridge position. Does it sound anything like a telecaster? Hell no, it sounds amazing!
Carved maple cap over mahogany...nice one Fender...

I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

When you tour the Fender factory, they allow you to pick out bodies, necks, and hardware to build your own custom guitar. There were around 75 bodies and 50 necks to choose from when I was there, that way you can find the exact weight, wood figuring, and neck feel that you want, not to mention that they had demo guitars available for trying out pickups and electronics. A previous Fender employee told me this is exactly what the big rock stars do, so it's literally the rock star treatment.

I didn't buy a guitar that day but I had a blast trying out all the amps and pickups. The Fat 50's in the neck and middle and Noiseless in the bridge was my favorite configuration.

My next guitar.. Most propably some b.c. rich heavy stick. Some bat wing model ^^

werp wrote:bought this last week..limited edition Fender FMT telecaster..It's a little gem with it's set neck, Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck and Pearly Gates in the bridge position. Does it sound anything like a telecaster? Hell no, it sounds amazing!
Carved maple cap over mahogany...nice one Fender...

Party at werp's! :party:

Ormsby TX Eaton 6 string multi-scale GTR built by World Music in Korea.

It's Juicy and it's Punchy. it's really, really Crunchy...

First Impressions: The pick ups are to die for. Not something you'd expect in a guitar at this price point. There are absolutely no issues for me with reach re neck length or neck width..It's better than I'd hoped for. It's a solid piece of kit that won't ever become a collector of cobwebs and dust, frequent use will see to that. The bass strings feel is completely different to any instrument I've ever played. It's a positive, solid feel that is quickly becoming addictive. The tuning/intonation is a sheer joy for this tuning Nazi.
Pure brilliance in design and execution..Image
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”