Steinberg Retrologue

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monark Retrologue

exmatproton wrote:
Integratron wrote:I forget how to do a screen shot - shift print screen - then open paint or something like that. If I could get a screen shot
I would post it here.
Printscreen (no shift), open paint and control+V (paste)
Or Windows button on keyboard (Start menu) and start typing "Snippet"... Enter :wink:

Here's what I'm getting after changing presets a few times.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:Image

Here's what I'm getting after changing presets a few times.
Hmm, that picture is hardly readable.

My guess it is a faulty installation, eLicenser missing a USB device or both.
I removed everything from my PC, installed it fresh and used a new eLicenser USB device (got it today). No problems with the VST2.4 (64 bit) and VST3 (64bit) versions anymore.

D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

39 bucks (reg price) for 64 patches, aint that a bit expensive?

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/owen-the-g ... ffer-32330

Integratron wrote:Image
Try uploading the pictures in the native resolution, i.e. the resolution of your desktop.

Could anyone tell how to make unison spread centred when more than 2 voices selected in Retrologue 2? Two voices are playing in the middle, but when more than two selected, unison is always spread in the panorama.

In Retrologue 1,that is not possible, and, as far as I remember, it wasn't possible in version 2 either. It was a major issue for me to not have control over the stereo spread of the unison function, that's why I rarely use Retrologue.

That's why I'm on the fence right now - to buy or not to buy. Amazing low CPU synth, but this unison thing is weird.

By unison, do you mean the multi OSC? If so, the only way is to do a send to a mono track prefader and mute the main out. Detune will still give the illusion of some stereo width on a mono channel, but it is sum centered.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

You could also use a stereo combined panner on the instrument out, but that has a kind of filtering effect. I prefer the mono option.

I stopped using Retrologue 2 in Cubase 8.5 because it keeps crashing when I do basic things like knob twiddling even on 8.5.15 :neutral:

Im positive that its Retrologue crashing because it always happens when I am adjusting a knob in it specifically. When I don't use it at all Cubase never crashes.

That said it does sound very good but I am not willing to put up with the crashes :cry:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

That's odd, I use it almost every day and have never had it crash. I do use a controller though. So I rarely use the mouse to do things.

I never had a crash with it either, FWIW.

Return to “Instruments”