Polaris updated to v1.9 - Early Digital Echo / Reverb with Shimmer and Swell - AAX,AU,CLAP,VST2,VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Polaris

My bad. I totally missed that spot in the manual. Sorry!

Thanks for the 1.3 update - the plugin that just keeps growing :D

As a recent purchaser of Replika XT I wonder what the dev thinks are the crucial differences? They look to cover very similar ground.

Hi Richard,
I should get Replika XT demo and test it :) they definitively look to cover a similar ground.

In the meantime...

Polaris updated to v1.3.1 (IMPORTANT UPDATE)
I found and fixed a serious bug that was causing a buffer underrun, destroying the outcoming signal.
Please, update as soon as you can. As usual, to update just download and install the demo from the product page.

Cheers,
Luca

I just gave Polaris a little spin - live on video - with some electric guitar sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uEpGY_4tkE

Testing the "Tuned"-mode in Polaris with some Tremor drum sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEPR61Gdvpw

Simon, thank you so much for your videos. I'm glad you are enjoying Polaris :)

In the meanwhile... Polaris has been updated to v1.4, with a redefined interface and some general performance improvements.

You can update by downloading and installing the demo from the product page.

Cheers,
Luca

When/Is XP support coming? :)
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

And Win 3.11?

As he already explained, Luca needs to find the time to set up a compiler which works for XP AND Win10 so I guess right now there's no use in being pushy. Given the fact that you use a fiveteen year old operating systen I think his answer was really nice enough.

That's just my 2 cent as a customer who'd rather would like to see him developing new stuff (that probably would also make him sell more additional licences than the few for guzs still running on XP)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:And Win 3.11?

As he already explained, Luca needs to find the time to set up a compiler which works for XP AND Win10 so I guess right now there's no use in being pushy. Given the fact that you use a fiveteen year old operating systen I think his answer was really nice enough.

That's just my 2 cent as a customer who'd rather would like to see him developing new stuff (that probably would also make him sell more additional licences than the few for guzs still running on XP)
I knew someone like you would eventually reply. Shows how predictable people are. Do better next time, learn compassion and ask questions of people, before you judge or pretend to know why I ask. :wink:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:
jens wrote:And Win 3.11?

I knew someone like you would eventually reply. Shows how predictable people are. Do better next time, learn compassion and ask questions of people, before you judge or pretend to know why I ask. :wink:
I´am very interesting in Polaris too, but am using Win XP - as every serious musician would do.
So I hope someday, XP will be supported and I can run the demo-version and to be a customer....

best regards
Armin aka kujashi

according to statistics winxp is still the thirdmost OS in use, so supporting it still is not entirely nonsense.

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operatin ... pcustomd=0

the percentage among musicians tho rely on a stable platform (no more upgrades does not mean it becomes unstable after the end of the support cycle) is probably even higher than those 10 percent. so while am not making suggestions to luca what he would be supposed to do in my humble opinion I still would be happy if xp support would return, speaking as a customer who already bought it even if it is not (yet) usable on my main DAW.

I got a reply from Microsoft about it and looks like there's a little chance without having to change my Windows development environment. I'll give it a try later today so.. finger crossed! I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Luca

kylie wrote:according to statistics winxp is still the thirdmost OS in use, so supporting it still is not entirely nonsense.

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operatin ... pcustomd=0
This may reflect the overall usage of OSes in the world, but it isn't an accurate reflection of that used by musicians. The 2 versions of OSX in this poll take up 6.47%, yet about 51% of my customers use OSX, which reflects the 50/50 split between OSX and Windows reported by most plugin developers. From my own experience, my guess is that XP is in the 3% to 4% range for plugin usage.

Sean Costello

True. The above stats are not focused on our industry, so are not reliable. Btw, I'm wondering what kind of PC do you guy use with XP and what DAWs. (pure curiosity)

Finally someone made pitch readout for delay time :party:

But what does it actually control if there are multiple delay lines with pitch change on their own?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Effects”