SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

EnGee wrote:@FMR:
So?
Sorry, but you don't make any sense of all your comments in the previous post!
My point is that the Windows handling of folders and permissions is not silly, but coherent. Users simply fail to understand the purpose of each particular folder, especially because, in the recent past (up to XP) it was like the Wild West - anybody did basically whatever they wanted, when using administrator accounts. Those times are gone, and in OS X, for example, things are even much more tied up.
Fernando (FMR)

kv331 wrote:
surreal wrote:A very strange thing I noticed and maybe the Software experts could enlighten me here cause I am stumped!!!

When I use Sonar Pro 8.5 on windows xp the vst scan still does not detect Synthmaster.. but...

When I use Sonar Pro 8.5 on Windows 8.1 the vst scan finds and loads Synthmaster... I never had this with Synthmaster 2.7.... I had the same occurance before while beta testing another VST Synth :o
This looks like an XP/32bit issue to me. Is your XP 32bits?
That is correct Bulent.. 32bit XP.. I found this with some other software I was beta testing aswell and thought it might be related to Microsoft issues

fmr wrote: My point is that the Windows handling of folders and permissions is not silly, but coherent.
Ok, point is taken. I always consider Unix systems are of a better handling of directories/partitions and permissions. To each his own.

i just tried to install the demo and the installer file says it's the 32 and 64bit isntaller, but when it installs it only gives the option for the 32 bit plug-in. Is there no 64bit vst demo (windows)?

thanks

OutCider wrote:Shows up in my studio one. Must be user error.

Try resetting your vst blacklist in S1 and restarting.
As for having to wait for an email or having your document folder used like with loads of other plugins and the host by the way, you'll have to find your own solution to that first world problem.
Don't start in with that worn out ridiculous "First World Problem" rap that is just so cliché KVR, "pull the trigger" kind of ignorance that encourages readers to check this forum ONLY when they absolutely have to.

A PROBLEM IS A PROBLEM, whether you can comprehend this or not.

Now, possibly, and I'll have to go to that PC tonight, for the first time ever, Studio One put a plugin --SynthMaster -- on its blacklist BECAUSE the stupid VSTi bonked because somebody didn't inform me that my goddam missing license key wasn't included in this release. And since I didn't get my REQUIRED email about this release in the first place like I always have before on previous releases, I had to come by KVR and put up with ignorance, attitudes and worn out "pull the trigger" mentalities.

Just fix this stupid VSTi and stop wasting my time.

EnGee wrote:It is off topic maybe, but I believe that Windows handling of folders/hidden folders and permission is silly (very silly indeed)! Which leads to all this mess with Vsti/Vst and also the hosts themselves.

How many locations I must look into in my case?
C:\
C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
C:\Users\(Me)\Documents

Now the hidden folders:
C:\ProgramData
C:\Users\(Me)\AppData and with the subfolders 'Local' and 'Roaming'

Now, if I want to copy something to C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins, I get warning, and a message to confirm for that. If I want to copy something into C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins, I get no message. The same applies on Deleting ..etc. Users permissions? I am with Administrator rights!

I just can imagine the real mess for users with no Administrator rights! This is really a pain for developers to handle all the paths and permissions because many many bugs are there due to this. I like Linux and OS X how they handle it, but for now Windows 10 is my OS, so I must accept these negatives till the VST/VSTi developers agree on one unified method to handle this in Windows.

Maybe the way u-he is doing it, is the most trouble free organization of folders and permissions?

NOT off-topic at all!

But I'm only posting here now to say that you have forgot a few folders where our genius devs often hide their junk. Some use the Common Files -- in both 86 and x64, too, sometimes. Then there are those who like to hide plugins under Digidesign and Avid in there as well, as if we are supposed to not only have Steinberg VSTPlugins installed but also we must be using both old and new versions of Pro Tools as well. Some installers ASK you which plugins you want, then go ahead and install every sort anyway. Just dumb.

Like I said in previous posts: it's high time devs cleaned up their acts regarding this folder pestulance behaviour.

fmr wrote:What VST and VSTi makers should stop is dropping junk in folders like VstPlugIns, which are reserved for JUST the plug-ins.
Um, actually, there are quite a number of makers that add ALL MANNER of other 'junk' within the VSTPlugin dll subfolders. YOU really do need to get out more!
You seem to be in need to understand how your OS works.
I don't know exactly who this remark was directed at, but I'll ad to your insult by saying I think far too many here don't know the first thing they are talking about. I've found I just can't rely on the majority of the fictions normally interspersed among all the crafty pulled quotes one has to wade through.

Here's hoping furure installs of SM act more like the update installs of the other synths I'm favouing more lately.

MarlaPodolski wrote:
OutCider wrote:Shows up in my studio one. Must be user error.

Try resetting your vst blacklist in S1 and restarting.
As for having to wait for an email or having your document folder used like with loads of other plugins and the host by the way, you'll have to find your own solution to that first world problem.
Don't start in with that worn out ridiculous "First World Problem" rap that is just so cliché KVR, "pull the trigger" kind of ignorance that encourages readers to check this forum ONLY when they absolutely have to.

A PROBLEM IS A PROBLEM, whether you can comprehend this or not.

Now, possibly, and I'll have to go to that PC tonight, for the first time ever, Studio One put a plugin --SynthMaster -- on its blacklist BECAUSE the stupid VSTi bonked because somebody didn't inform me that my goddam missing license key wasn't included in this release. And since I didn't get my REQUIRED email about this release in the first place like I always have before on previous releases, I had to come by KVR and put up with ignorance, attitudes and worn out "pull the trigger" mentalities.

Just fix this stupid VSTi and stop wasting my time.
Oh I comprehend. I too had to wait for my licence after I updated, yet no tears or rant posts flowed from me, just a little patience, ultimately rewarded with a satisfied thanks.
You should try it as an alternative to acting like an over entitled strop monster who doesn't know how to use the gear they own.

Seems like solutions to first world problems always include a hankie or kleenex. :lol:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Echoes in the Attic wrote:i just tried to install the demo and the installer file says it's the 32 and 64bit isntaller, but when it installs it only gives the option for the 32 bit plug-in. Is there no 64bit vst demo (windows)?

thanks
I believe the 64bit option is shown if your system is 64bits.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hello, I'm having an issue on my main PC. SM takes almost 10 seconds to load, almost blocking REAPER in the process. It used to be almost instantaneous or a couple of sec at most.

Also someone wrote on Youtube that SM now requires to be online with v2.8 (which my PC wasn't when the issue appeared, but my other PC as well, and it doesn't seem to suffer from the issue). Is there any truth in that ? Doesn't seem to me.

GaBeRock wrote:Every time I try to open synthmaster 2.8 in ableton live I get

Code: Select all

A serious program error has occurred
Live will shut down after this message box is closed

Please restart Live and follow the instructions in the 'Report a Crash' lesson that will appear in Live's Help View
EDIT2: Turning the "use custom VST folder" option on and off fixed my problem for good.
I was having the same problem until I saw your EDIT 2 solution! Thanks.

kv331 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:i just tried to install the demo and the installer file says it's the 32 and 64bit isntaller, but when it installs it only gives the option for the 32 bit plug-in. Is there no 64bit vst demo (windows)?

thanks
I believe the 64bit option is shown if your system is 64bits.
I believe my system is 64 bits. But the important thing is that I'm using a 64bit host for sure. So I can't load 32 bit plugins. Yet the installer only shows me a 32bit option. So as it stands I can't demo it. Thoughts?

Gotta add that I really really like the new lfo's. I know zeta2 and mpowersynth have had morphing for lfo's for ages but it's really nice to have that option in SM too ^^

Same prob. here. Tried installing new SM2.8, no 64 bit option.

Yes, I'm 100% sure I'm on a 64 bit system (win 10/64). No issues in past with this. In fact, I have SMP 2.7 64 bit already, so it appears to be a bug in their installer...

I reported it to them. We'll wait and see if they do anything. But if they wait too long, I'll be moving on to another synth.

kv331 wrote:Folks,
Updates are at: http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx
No they're not...

Only thing @ that URL is:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”